main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Star Wars Miniatures...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by grey_starr, Dec 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Hey hey... I've bought a starter and a few loose guys... had a game with a friend... and it was a BLAST!...

This thread is also to mention that there is an event tomorrow (Sat Dec 4th) in toronto to see the new Clone series that has JUST came out...

Star Wars Miniatures Clone Strike Release Event ? December 4th, 2004
    Dueling Grounds
    2222 Dundas ST W
    (416) 534-3835

http://www.dueling-grounds.com/DGfeature.html

I know it's REALLY late... and I myself can't make it... but I thought maybe someone could and might want to go... if not to partake then to at least watch...

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I have a complete set of the Rebel Storm series, probably want to grab a few individual items just to flesh out my ranks in a few spots.

I already bought a case of the new Clone Strike miniatures which came out today. The distribution is pretty good. I have at least 3 of all the commons. At least one of each uncommon, and half the rares and very rares. I have another case put aside which I'll buy in two weeks (splitting up the cost) by which time I should have an almost complete set with enough doubles to trade off for the few remaining pieces.

Now if I can only find the time to actually play the game!

3. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    This event is actually a good deal... the $40 Entry gets you a Clone Strike Starter and Booster!... not bad if you ask me!... Plus, you then get the chance to win more!...

I might try for a full set myself... but damn, it's expensive to try!...

4. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Ooops... this was private!

5. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

That place is actually just a few block north of where I live.

6. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I got a couple of the packages and it is tempting to try and get them all.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

7. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Naturally, I did not make the event... but.... there'll be another in Feburary!! Yay!... The third Series is to be released!...

I did buy my first booster today... Got Dengar!... yay!... And WotC has a bunch of Games that can be played on their site... So I'm trying to get at least enough for a few of those... Han and Chewie are my most required... but I have a lead to those two... eh woofer? *wink wink*...

I want the first series FAR more then the new one... but damn... it's expensive!... What's a good price?... the boosters are 14.95 Here in Milton... and 16.95 in Brampton...

8. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    $15 is good. I typically pay $17

9. JediMasterBuck

JediMasterBuck Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2004
    Just my two cents, but Dueling Grounds is very close to me and a great shop. Nice people too. I would stop by more often, but I don't have a lot of time for gaming these days.

10. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    This game rocks.

Just 6 shy of completing Rebel Storm, and already got a good start on Clone strike.

So far the best places in TO that give the best minis are Silver Snail and 401 Convienence.

The Snail sells boosters for under 14.00 with taxes AND they got a great commons and whatnot usually for under a 1.00 a character.

Drop 20.00 and ya can defend an Endor bunker let me tell ya. ;)

As for '401' they're cheaper for Rares and Very Rares if your buying them seperately.

The Snail and Tarantula open boxes regularily, but who would pay 60.00 for Boba and a card?

Not good.

On the flip-side;

Damn good game. Great for the RPG's too.

:D

11. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Too bad that it's WAY too far out of my way to go there!!!

I've got a decent set going... I'm not officially collecting... so I have no idea what I'd really need... but... I did get a Biker Scout and General Veers!... sweet!... I've got 100 figs... but most of them are all Stormies of sorts...

I don't know what it is... but I don't have the desire to collect Clone Strike like I do the Rebel Storm...

Man, I really want Han and Chewie now!...

The freebie adventures on the Mini's site are kind'a fun... and there's a cool one with Han and Chewie chasing the Stormies down that Deathstar hall... before running away!... I bet my Stormies will stop them!!!

12. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Yeah, the Clone Strike line dosen't do it the same for me either.

Don't get me wrong, I like the different fringer aliens to add to my collection, and the Jedi diversity is okay too;

Its just that the Clones themselves are slighly off scale. Look at them compared to say the Imps, or the rebel troops.

I suppose its just that the armor was more bulky for the period but its just looks off.

Of course on the flip-side the battledrodis and droideka's...

Sweet!

13. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    I've found that a little basement Comic store in Streetsville sells them for $14 tax included... and $20 for the starter...

I got the Scout on Speeder bike and General Veers... SCORE... For Clone Strike... I scored Durge and Jedi Saesee Tiin...

Rebel Storm is STILL better!... Clone Strike seems out of proportion to Rebel Storm... amazing how technology really got worse after 30 years...

14. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    *waves hand*

You don't need that Imperial Scout on Speeder bike...You want to send it to Darth_Digital so he can complete his collection...

:p

15. Davin_Leikvold

Davin_Leikvold Jedi Master star 1

Dec 4, 2004
    I saw those new Star Wars Miniatures at Altered States Comics. They sound really cool! You think a Starter Set is worth about 20 Bucks plus tax?

16. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    20 is an excellent price... most places have it for 24.99 and others as high as 26.95 (what I first paid *sigh*)... The game is quite fun!...

17. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Yes!

Food basics has KD on sale. 2 boxes for a 1.00.

Clone Strike here, I come!!!!

18. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Here's some news on an Upcoming release...

The Universe Huge Pack contains a randomized selection of figures designed to enhance and expand any collection of Star Wars miniatures. The miniatures in this product are randomized and playable right out of the box and, for the first time, include huge figures similar in scale to previously released D&D huge figures. This is also the first set featuring legendary creatures and characters from all eras of the Star Wars timeline.

Booster Pack components

Seven randomized miniatures with stat cards, including one huge figure
    Very rare, rare, common, and uncommon miniatures

Item Code 967870000
    Release Date August 2005
    Format Boxed Set
    ISBN 0-7869-3741-6
    Price $19.99 ; C$28.99

19. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Oooo... ROTS is sheduled already!...

The Revenge of the Sith Booster Pack contains a selection of figures designed to enhance and expand any collection of Star Wars miniatures. It features creatures and characters from the Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith feature film as well as from other sources dealing with this era of the Star Wars timeline. The miniatures in this product are randomized and playable right out of the box.

Booster Pack components

Seven randomized miniatures with stat cards
    Very rare, rare, common, and uncommon miniatures

Item Code 967830000
    Release Date May 2005
    Format Boxed Set
    ISBN 0-7869-3665-7
    Price $12.95 ; C$18.95

20. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    The Star Wars Miniatures Starter Game provides those new to Star Wars miniatures with an introduction to the basic concepts of miniatures gameplay. It contains everything needed to play exciting Star Wars battles, including a full-size gameboard, basic and advanced rules, and 6 pre-painted plastic miniatures. A gameboard and game play components allow for easy introduction to rules for head-to-head battles as well as the collectable component of the Star Wars Miniatures game. This box contains two exclusive figures not available in the Revenge of the Sith booster packs, also releasing in May.

Starter Set components

Two exclusive miniatures: Supreme Commander Grevious and Obi- Wan Kenobi, Jedi Master, plus four additional miniatures with stat cards
    High-quality painted figures
    Quick-start and Advanced Rulebooks
    A 20-sided die
    A checklist for the Revenge of the Sith set
    Fold-out gameboard
    Counters
    Characters drawn from Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith movie

Item Code 967840000
    Release Date May 2005
    Format Boxed Set
    ISBN 0-7869-3666-5
    Price $24.95 ; C$34.95

21. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    I LOVE these fold out maps they give us.

I got the Death Star layout, with blank iron-grey side.

Then with Ultimate Missions, I got great Mos Eisley and Bespin maps.

THe Clone Strike starter has a Munnilist facility, and blank side that's great for Tattooine scenerios.

Now I have to wait till Feb to see what we get with the Clone Strike Ultimate Missions.

I doubt its the Geonosis Area, as we got enough tiles to with the starter to make it.

Probably get Kamino so one could re-create the Clone Battle with the CIS. And the otherside...

Hmmm...Perhaps a Coruscant setting with nightclub and overhang. Perfect for Jedi/Bounty Hunter street fights no?

As for the Ep3 set in April.

If they're smart they'll give a Kasskky setting, and the other side blank in green. Then one could use the blank side to re-create Endor battles.

Yoda;

"Method to their madness, Wizards has! Heh!"

22. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
  23. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Whaaaaaaat.

24. Davin_Leikvold

Davin_Leikvold Jedi Master star 1

Dec 4, 2004
    Merry Christmas everyone! :D

I recieved two packages of Star Wars Miniatures today from "Santa Claus". I got the Rebel Storm Starter Set, and one Rebel Storm booster! I got a Han Solo rare and a few other good uncommons. I think I'll get more boosters and then start playing!

[face_dancing] These Star Wars Minis Rock! [face_dancing]

25. Jedi_Knight_Jiggs

Jedi_Knight_Jiggs Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2004

I just started collecting this things, but sadly I have no one to play with. I was just curious if there are any weekly games or tournaments that go on around the GTA in places like comic book stores or other public places like that. I know people play at Wildstar in Oshawa every Sunday, but I was just curious if there are other places around. Thanks...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.