main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Star Wars Miniatures...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by grey_starr, Dec 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    I don't know of any anywhere myself... I've only played against my one friend so far... Still lots of fun...

There will be a tournament in Feburary for sure in the
    Dueling Grounds (2222 Dundas ST W)... The first post of this thread has a link to the site.. you can e-mail theme and ask if they have any...

---------------

I just bought some Boosters... and I got Vader, Sith Lord!... Sweet!........... and Lando (sarcastic yay)...

2. Davin_Leikvold

Davin_Leikvold Jedi Master star 1

Dec 4, 2004
    Has anyone made their own Special Scenarios?
    Rescue the Princess sounds pretty good but I can't play this until I get all the needed miniatures.

3. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
  4. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Well I've combined both Clone Strike and Rebel Storm sets together for some great homemade scenerios!

;)

1. "Father and Son Picnic."

Using the blank side of the Clone Strike starter map to represent the fields of Naboo, set up Jedi Luke and Sith Lord Vader in the centre map. Place Jango and Boba Fett on the far west side behind Landspeeder tile.

Let the best family win!

2. "Black Day in July." (3 way scenerio)

Using the Mos Eisley map from Rebel Storm Ultimate Missions set, deploy Mace Windu, Lando Calrissian, Captain Typho and Naboo trooper within the centre of town to stop a race riot between Ewoks and Gungan infantry color parties.

3. "Bachelor Party."

Prior to his wedding with Padme, Emperor Palpatine, Tarkin and Dooku elect to treat Anakin Jedi to a stag party with Slave Leia. Lead Windu and General Obi-Wan with Clone squad to declare this party is over and tell Anakin the truth from a certain point of view.

Use Death Star map from Rebel Storm starter map, with Anakin and Slave Leia deployed in the detention bay.

4. "Pride Parade."

Upset after a fight with Artoo, 3P0 is seduced by 4-LOM into becomming his new 'partner' Lead Artoo into a battledroid, droideka, Superbattle droid and Probe droid factory to save his...'counterpart'

Special rules with Artoo, able to self repair rating 20 per round; and 2 Override checks per turn as opposed as 1. Use Munilist map from Clone Starter set with factory tiles. Assign Artoo arc welder damage 20, +7 attack for scenerio.

5. "Bespin Phatt Farm."

After a recent skirmish, Jabba broke his water bong and is looking for a new method to partake. Lead Quinlan Vos- (Hey, dude looks like Bob Marley!) into Cloud City to meet up with Jabba to 'bargain' for the goods. Be wary of 8 Bespin Guards looking to make the bust. Use Bespin City map from Ultimate Missions book.

6. "Shotgun Wedding."

Upset with Han for mistreating Leia in the back seat of the Falcon, Vader Dark Jedi decides to force them to become 'ice cube and wife' within the Carbon Freezing chamber. Lead a more liberal minded Padme and Rebel Squad to free Han and Leia from domestic hell. Be wary of Boba Fett serving as both usher and 'best man'

:p

I'm not well...I know.

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!

5. Davin_Leikvold

Dec 4, 2004
    That's some great creativity you got there, Darth Digital ! I like the Shotgun Wedding! :D

I was browsing eBay in the past while and have seen many people selling a lot of 12 boosters for around $120 Dollars (CAN)at best! :eek: It sure adds up when you buy several packs! :D

6. Davin_Leikvold

Dec 4, 2004
    WOW! Docking Bay 19 is one sick site grey_starr , I'm downloading'em all!

I just got my hands on another Rebel Storm Booster... and I got a Sandtrooper on a Dewback! VR! As well, I got my first Clone Strike Booster and got Qui-Gon Jinn! Another VR Miniature! :eek:

[face_dancing] SCORE! [face_dancing]

7. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Bastard!... I want that one more then ANY!... I'd trade my Vader for that one...

8. Davin_Leikvold

Dec 4, 2004
    I assume you mean the Sandtrooper?
    I'd Gladly trade for your Darth Vader, Sith Lord... if there was a way.

You can try your luck on eBay for the Sandtrooper on Dewback if you really want it...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2537&item=5947465637&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2537&item=5947435506&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I'll give you the info on it as well... so don't cry okay ;)

Sandtrooper on Dewback
    (Occupies 4 Squares)

Hitpoints: 60
    Defense: 17
    Attack: +4
    Damage: 10

Special Abilities:
    Momentum - (If this character has moved this turn, he gets +4 Attack and +10 Damage against adjacent enemies)

Total Point Cost 15!

Goodluck getting it! :D [face_laugh]

Edit: Links

9. Davin_Leikvold

Dec 4, 2004
    Hey Grey_Starr ,
    You mentioned earlier that you found a little basement comic store in Streetsville... do you have the address? I've been searching for the best deals in the Mississauga area.

10. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Hey hey Davin... That shop in Streetsville rasied their price... alot!... they now have them for 18.99... Milton still has them for 16.99 (19.50 with tax)...

Let me know what you find...

11. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    All I need is the Emperor and Imperial on a Speeder and I'm finished with Rebel Storm.

*grumbles*

The local shops haven't opened new boxes yet...

12. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    What?!?!... that many already?!?!?... I'm nowhere near having a complete set... damn!!! but I do have the Imperial Speaderbike...

13. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Well the key is to get a group of friends into the same hobby, then you have the perfect exchange agreements.

I got 40 on Clone Strike, but there a tad easier since the second line was designed to provide better accessability of the Rares and Very Rares.

What's got me urked is that Rebel Storm will aparently be out of commission by April when the unveil the Return of the Sith line, ie; series three.

And then the 'game' starts all over again.

Personally I can't wait till August when they give us the HUGE sets. AT-ST's Rancors, Kryat Dragons, and those 'lovable' Nexus...

14. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    grumble, grumble. he got me into the game, the bum.

I need the following:

C3PO
    Comando on speeder bike
    han solo
    luke skywalker jedi night
    princess leah senator
    R2D2
    Darth Vader, Sith Lord
    Emperor Palpatine
    Mara Jade, Emperor's hand
    Probe Droid
    Sandtrooper on Dewback
    4-LOM
    Jabba the hutt
    Lando Calrissian
    Wampa

15. Davin_Leikvold

Dec 4, 2004
    *sigh* If only I had a group of friends into this hobby! I have one friend, though, who sounds interested in the game... Nothing has been quite the same since that ole Card Shop closed down...

16. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Dan and I will be your friend Davin.

And all it will cost you is a ticket to Toronto, a rare or very rare mini on Dan's list and naturally a 2/4 of Molsen Canadian...

17. Davin_Leikvold

Dec 4, 2004
    Darth Digital , you're hilarious! Next time though, try to make me laugh [face_peace]

18. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    then you will have to see his hairline, can we say Mr Incredible

19. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Vibro;

"Boowah! Enchu DanDan headbobba...hohohoho...."

*Takes pass of water bong*

C-3P0;

"Oh dear...the great Vibro the Phatt has decreed that Dan could certainly make Davin laugh if the writing in the men's room stall is accurate..."

20. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    ok Wil, I think your going a little nuts here remember the rules, we dont want another rant coming on or bannings do we

21. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Oh like the mods speak Huttese...

22. Davin_Leikvold

Dec 4, 2004
    Wil - "Oh like they speak Huttese"

"For our sake, Wil ... they had better not"

*Plays Darth Vader's Theme* [face_devil]

23. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Where'd Dan go?

Dan?

Dan?

*sigh*

Better stand back Davin...he sometimes comes out of the shadows with this trick...

*opens VR Star Wars mini*

Dan?

Here boy! Fresh minis! Smell the plastic!...

24. Davin_Leikvold

Dec 4, 2004
    *Wil Starts to pour his "common" blend for Dan in a bowl!*

Davin: Does he really eat that stuff?

Wil: Sometimes, he usually just sniffs the plastic wrappings and digg'em out back...

Davin: o_O ... I see.

25. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Scooby snacks!

LOL!

*shakes booster pack*

I got commons I got rares, Wizards of the coast please deliver...

Edit;

(With apologies to Meow Mix)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.