main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Star Wars Minis

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by otisdodge, Nov 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Hey! I am nuts about the new minis. Henry has some too. Anybody else?

I know it is pretty much impossible to travel to another state on a weeknight, but I thought I would post this here anyway. I have been working with a local comic store owner here in Memphis Kevin of Triple Play to hold a Star Wars night at his store. He is really excited about it and we will be doing a variety of activities, depending on the whims of the attendees.
    Details here at http://www.suspiciousmindtrick.net/

2. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    Hey! I am nuts about the new minis. Henry has some too. Anybody else?

Yup, got one right here. I've pushed some money towards it and am working to get a whole set, although my set 100 point army hasn't really taken shape yet. Too many different cool options. However, I'm hoping that Christmas will fill in some if not all of these holes. I think I'm just missing 5...

I know it is pretty much impossible to travel to another state on a weeknight, but I thought I would post this here anyway. I have been working with a local comic store owner here in Memphis Kevin of Triple Play to hold a Star Wars night at his store. He is really excited about it and we will be doing a variety of activities, depending on the whims of the attendees.

That's the night of December 1st? Depending on if I can get transportation, I'd love to do that, and Thursday is my free day so I'd be able to recover well from it... so if I can manage it, I'll be there. For now I buy my pieces from the Hastings down the street.

3. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    so if I can manage it, I'll be there.
    Cool, Joe, Look forward to seeing you there.

What happened to my link? Let's try again--suspiciousmindtrick.net.

Anyway, if you want any more details, pm me or email me at otisdodge@suspiciousmindtrick.net

I think I'm just missing 5...
    Which ones? My last one is coming in the mail!!! :D

On SW Gaming Night at Triple Play available activities will include two huge TVs with Battlefront and/or a movie--Attack of the Clones is on the docket--SW mini games, SW trivia and possibly SW Monopoly and SW Electronic Battleship. TCG and CCG is welcome--as is anything else Star Wars! We are discussing food possibilities and I was also talking to Kevin today about door prizes.

4. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Target has minis now. Do they have them in LR yet? They are in the Wizards section on the back wall of the toy section. If NLR Target is one of the ones with the weird rearrangement a few months ago, then I don't know where they'd, be, but next to the Wizards of the Coast SW TCG if you know where that is--to the right of the board games, usually.

5. wicket1138

Mar 10, 2002
    They have them at our hastings here... I don't know where the nearest Target is... and I haven't checked Wal-Mart...

I'm missing Leia Captive, Vader Sith Lord, Boba Fett, Dengar and Lando.

6. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Hot Springs' Walmart on Central had nearly a ton of them in stock and Malvern's had a handfull of the minis. I'm not much into collecting but thought this would prove useful for anyone in this area that does. ;)

7. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    At WalMart? Really?

8. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Yep. If we are talking about the same thing though. One I remember was the one of Anakin and Leia from AOTC together in a box. Anakin has two sabers, I think. That's about all I recall, but they had lots of them. I want to say it was a blueish box. Are those the minis you're talking about?

On another note, you guys seen the ROTS minis that Burger King is going to release with their meals in May? Oh, wow!

9. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Then we are most definitely not talking about the same thing. You are referring to Galactic Heroes--one of the two Playskool SW lines that Hasbro has released. GH was a Playskool portion of the SAGA line starting in 2002, with new waves out this year--four so far. The other Playskool line is new--Jedi Force--they are larger, about the size and style of Rescue Heroes and come with stupid accessories. The cool thing about them is the light up sabers.

The miniatures are a new Role Playing Game released by Wizards of the Coast and come in a starter pack with 11 miniature, pre-painted, plastic figurines and a map, rule book and die, or in booster packs with 7 randomly packed miniatures.

The Rebel Storm assortment came out in early October? Or was it September? It was September--same week I was at Dragon Con.

Clone Strike comes out on Friday the 3rd and there will be at least two more assortments in 2005--ROTS in May, of course.

10. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Ahh, then that explains a lot. ;)

My true non-collectible side is coming out. [face_laugh]

11. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Oh, come on...
    Give in to the dark side! [face_devil] [face_skull] [face_devil]

12. wicket1138

Mar 10, 2002
    Wait, it comes out the 3rd?! I thought it came out later than that! Oh no this is a terrible tragedy... I don't even have the full first set and the 2nd one is going to hit the market in less than 2 weeks? Oh dearie me I must get on this now! I also have to pick up a copy of the Ultimate Missions as well! (Which, by the way, I've heard has been getting disastrous reviews I'm sorry to say... oh well... I'll be nabbing it anyways. I can making something out of it.)

13. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Wicket, I've got a Lando for you--What have you got to trade?
    --Jacob

14. wicket1138

Mar 10, 2002
    Lets see, I've got a Leia Senator, IG-88, 4-LOM, Bossk and Veers... all still in plastic casing cept 4-LOM which I've got opened and unopened. Not sure if you'd want those, and I'll also have to check with the parental unit to make sure she hasn't ordered the Lando yet... but if you're interested in any of those, we'll talk.

15. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    T-2 hours and 17 minutes! :D

16. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Last night was a lot of fun. I hope I can play minis with someone in AR over the break. I didn't count how many people showed up, but it was mostly Memphis FanForce people. A few people we didn't know came in and watched the games--I played minis and participated long-distance in a trivial pursuit game--Most everyone else played some Battlefront and also SW: Jedi starfighter? and Obi-Wan on the X-Boxes. There was also a SW Monopoly game after the trivia.

I lost my first mini skirmish and had less characters on the map when it was closing time on my second. Games go really slow when you are learning.

17. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I'm ticked about that XBOX game... :mad: only having Obi-Wan on that system only *sigh* oh well... I'd love to play it hehehehe that Jedi Battles one on play station was and is coooool

18. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Clone Strike, the new set of Star Wars Miniatures, came out Friday and I was at Triple Play at ten when they opened in the morning to get the starter and boosters I preordered! They are awesome. The clones don't seem to be as good a sculpt as the stormies, but otherwise it is an incredible set. I got a good start on my clone and droid armies along with almost all the Fringe (Those are the bounty hunters and such--there are only 12 fringe in this set, as opposed to 20 in the last set). I also got a good portion of the jedi--there are a lot of lightsabers in this set. Unfortunately, most of them come crooked.
    I got the two figures I wanted most in this set and the rare I wanted least. Quinlan Vos, Assaj Ventress and Zam Wessel, respectively. That's the biggest thing I don't like about this set. I wanted it to be current clone wars characters, but they made it Episodes I, II and EU. So it has dead people in it. Jango, Zam and Maul. :?
    The two that I don't have that I am most looking forward to getting--probably Aayla Secura and Yoda. Dooku and the aerial clone trooper will be cool too!

We will be having another gaming night on December 15 from 5-9 at Triple Play in Memphis. All Arkansas members are invited, of course!

19. Johnny-Vegas

Johnny-Vegas Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2004
    Once again I invite you all to come to Cordova, TN tomorrow night for Gaming Night at Triple Play! I am really excited about it.

20. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Thought I would dig this up in case any new people were interested or as a reminder.

We have game nights in Memphis at Triple Play Comics Cards and Games every month. The next one will be on May 26th--that is the first of the Summer editions, which will all be the last Thursday of the month. 5-9pm. We play minis, SW Trivial Pursuit, SW Monopoly, SW Risk, Video games, hang out and more!

I hope we can start some game nights in LR as well since I will be living down there by the end of the week.

Also thought it might be useful to post a new trade list:

HAVE:
    Promo
    C3 Nautolan Soldier (bagged with cardboard to support card)
    Battlefront Mon Cal Merc (bagged--says MADE IN CHINA)

ROTS
    Darth Tyranus
    Antilles
    San Hill
    Destroyer Droid
    Wat Tambor
    Boba Fett

CS
    Captain Typho
    Ki-Adi-Mundi
    Ventress
    **pending**
    Spider Droid
    Gungan on Kaadu
    Durge

RS
    Threepio (not bagged)
    **pending**

NEED:
    ROTS
    R2-D2
    Grievous, Jedi Hunter with four sabers

CS
    Padme Amidala x2 with good paint!!! Please help me!!!

RS
    Leia, Senator

I also have most commons and uncommons from all three sets for trade--let me know what you are looking for. However, don't go asking for clones or wookiees unless you have something I really want.

Always looking for more army builders, especially clones and stormies.

Thanks for looking!

21. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
  22. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Bumping this again. Anybody here into this right now besides me?

I am almost finished collecting the first three sets. I just need General Grievous, Jedi Hunter and the ROTS R2-D2. I am trading for Grievous this week. I just updated my trade list two posts up.

Can't wait for HUGE! But my pocketbook can. One of the starwarsminigames.com members has this signature: "The only thing Huge about the Universe Huge set will be the hole in my wallet." LOL

23. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Also wanted to mention that they are having a gaming night in Memphis this Thursday (I won't be there) and on the 28th (I will be there).

24. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Did you know that The Game Room in Little Rock closed? Cryin' shame. Wish I had the capital to open one to replace it.

25. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I hated to see them close too... I got most of my SW RPG books there... or thru them as well as my Rifts ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.