main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars "Miscellaneous Questions" Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by dArTh_wenley, Mar 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

This is the thread to ask questions about anything and everything pertaining to the Star Wars movies.

No matter how small or stupid you might think the question is, ask it here and (hopefully) somebody will be able to give you an answer. :)

2. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    I was thinking about doing this a while back, but I thought it would remove some of the classic thread-making and topic-discussing subjects that spring up from threads that start out as asking a simple question. ;)

Think about it- no "Shaving Habits of the Big DV"...no "Jawa Juice" discussion...no foundation of the essence of this forum. [face_plain]

True, this is most definately cut back on redundant questions and the problems therefore.

But it will also cut down on questioning threads and appreciative discussion.

And is that what we really want? ?[face_plain]

;) :)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

3. Charis

Charis Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 29, 2002
    Lovely post KenKenobi - you sum up exactly what I was thinking :)

Did anyone ever work out how Big DV managed to be clean shaven? Or do I have to work my way through the entire thread to find out? :D

4. dArTh_wenley

Dec 10, 2001

True, this is most definately cut back on redundant questions and the problems therefore.

But it will also cut down on questioning threads and appreciative discussion.

Well Ken, the main reason I started this thread was when the Star Wars Saga idea was being thrown around, people were wanting a thread where people could ask questions about Star Wars in Miscellaneous/Community. Therefore helping to cut down on the more FAQ type threads.

Its not going to root out all the threads that start in the manner you have described, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

People don't have to post here, and if they think they have a thread asking a question that will lead to much discussion/fun, there should be no reason why they can't post it.

I'd like to see how this thread goes and what effect it makes, if any on this forum. :)

5. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    ...people were wanting a thread where people could ask questions about Star Wars in Miscellaneous/Community.

Who? And when?

If so, maybe I need to add that insight into my perspective of the idea. :)

Therefore helping to cut down on the more FAQ type threads.

The "FAQ" threads aren't a big problem- on the contrary, they actually add to the luster of this forum in how the threads aforementioned present new discussions and ideas into the fold.

98% of the time, such threads provoke thought and initiate response. Additionally, these threads provide a bit of a "Community" feel, of which I feel very strongly about when it comes to this particular forum. :)

People don't have to post here, and if they think they have a thread asking a question that will lead to much discussion/fun, there should be no reason why they can't post it.

What about new members, who would like to begin such a thread, but feel obligated that this forum is the place?

In any event, this shouldn't be the grounds for a debate- we all want to enhance this forum....

....it is just unavoidable that our ideas may clash once in a while. ;) :)

6. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    What about new members, who would like to begin such a thread, but feel obligated that this forum is the place?

My experience has been new members start threads without even consulting the sticky'd directory to see if their q has been answered, so not sure if that's a big concern.

OK, I have a stupid question. I was watching ROTJ, the SE last night, and the "celebration" sequence at the end, when they pan through cities partying - the second one, is that Tatooine? And if yes, I guess that means the Empire had expanded to include Outer Rim territories as well? Or they annexed it after the events of ANH? Or maybe they weren't under Empire control, but were relieved that the Death Star was blown up?

:confused:

7. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Banal: Yes, Tatooine had a scene in the celebration sequence. ;) :)

And yes, the Empire did extend to the Outer Rim Territories.

That's why Tarkin, the governer of that region, asked for the Death Star- so he could have a superweapon to spread his reign across the entire sector and control the Outer Rim with an Iron Fist. ;)

8. dArTh_wenley

Dec 10, 2001
  9. Elfie

Elfie Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2003
    hi
    does anyone know who jaina solo marries????
    ~elfie

10. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Elfie: Hi, and welcome to the JC, mate. ;) :)

Jaina Solo never got marred- she did, however, admit her feelings for Jag Fel. They explored their feelings for one another, but they haven't gotten married. :)

I suggest keeping up on the New Jedi Order series of novels to see this "romance" unfold. ;)

11. dArTh_wenley

Dec 10, 2001

Up for more questions. :)

12. Obi-Wan__Kenobi

Obi-Wan__Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 1, 2003
    why does Luke Always whine?

13. dArTh_wenley

Dec 10, 2001

why does Luke Always whine?

[face_laugh] I think we can blame this annoying trait on his parents, all on this case his foster parents.

If anyone can up with a more satisfactory answer I'd like to here it. ;)

14. Elfie

Elfie Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2003
    hello again,
    yep i have yet another annoying question. see i'm starting to read the new jedi order. my sister has already read them. so she tells me all kinds of stuff. anyway, what is the age difference between Kyp and Jaina?
    elfie

15. artemis_fowl

artemis_fowl Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I'm sorry. You may think this is stupid but I've been cracking my head for the answer. Who is Grando Calrissian?

16. dArTh_wenley

Dec 10, 2001

According to a Bogus Spy Report, Grando is supposedly Lando's father.

;)

17. artemis_fowl

artemis_fowl Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Now that's a surprise :eek:

Thanks dArTh_wenley.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.