main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Star Wars Misconceptions You Had as a Kid. (RE-MADE)

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Jedi_Saber101, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Darth Liberatus

Darth Liberatus Jedi Padawan star 1

May 13, 2013
    No, he was just testing Anakin. He was surprised/impressed that Anakin had realized that he was a Jedi and wanted to know how Anakin had figured it out. After Anakin says 'no one can kill a Jedi', Qui-Gon says 'I wish that were so', and they way he says it makes it very clear that, even if not before that point, he's admitting to being a Jedi.

2. Ahsoka_Tano_11

Ahsoka_Tano_11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2013
    My friend pronounces Qui Gon 'Kwigon'

David_Skywalker01 and Darth Dnej like this.
  3. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    - I thought that Alderaan was destroyed from a Star Destroyer

- I thought the Death Star was immobile (it was a huge ball with no engines, no way it could move!)

- For some reason me and my friends constructed this very detailed story how Vader's entire body was destroyed in an explosion, that only his head was left and that Obi-Wan saved him by taking the head with him (somehow still alive...taking it from where...? where to...? No idea.) and then once in the robot suit Vader became evil.

- I thought "Moff" was not a title, but that the character's name was Moff Tarkin and that he was in fact Admiral Moff Tarkin.

darklordoftech likes this.
  4. Darth Liberatus

Darth Liberatus Jedi Padawan star 1

May 13, 2013
    I just remembered my biggest misconception. I thought that the Death Star I and Death Star II were the same, and that George Lucas changed his mind when he made ROTJ and decided that the Death Star had only been partially destroyed at the end of ANH, and that the reason it was missing a big chunk was because that part got destroyed, not because it was under construction.

5. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    Back in the mid 1980s when I was a little kid, I watched Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi alot when they came on HBO all the time.

I kept thinking that there were two Darth Vaders in Empire, One where he got his head cut off by Luke. Then another Darth Vader popping up to meet the bounty hunters on the Super Star Destroyer

6. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    Speaking of Tarkin, doesnt Leia say Governer Tarkin instead of calling him as Grand Moff Tarkin?

7. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah, well he is technically a governor of his little piece of space. Governor is his current position (as opposed to say Imperial Advisor or Fleet Commander or whatever) and Grand Moff is his rank (as opposed to a General, Admiral etc.)

8. Braxus

Braxus Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2001
    Mary years passed before I realized Obi-Wan had his own lightsaber in ep4. Always thought he used Luke's.

A friend of mine thought "powerful ally" may refer to another order, like the evil jedi. We have to remember the term sith was never used on screen before TPM. (And we had limited english skills.)

Stormtroopers were droids, or "robots".

The vision in the cave was real.

Immobile DS.

Still don't entirely sure if DS2 blew the big mon calamari cruiser up or not. For some reason the explosion effect is weird in that shot and I would like to believe the shields held.

Thought the droids were real "robots" thus no Baker or Daniels needed.

9. Swarley

Swarley Jedi Knight

May 15, 2013
    I thought the same thing after I watched it the first time.

10. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I always thought Boba Fett was actually named "Bubba Fett". :p

Sock and Awe likes this.
  11. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    When I was younger, I had thought the scene in the Dagobah cave happened before Piett walked in on Vader sitting in the chamber. Also the fight in the save was real, and Vader was getting his head reattached.

12. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    Thought what happened in the cave on Dagobah was real, and Luke had fought another Luke (was very confusing). Also didn't realize that Obi-Wan had his own saber in ANH.

13. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    So does Nick Gillard, the stunt/lightsaber guy for the prequels.

Ahsoka_Tano_11 likes this.
  14. SweetZombieJesus

SweetZombieJesus Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2013
    Confusingly, the TIE Fighter shots in ANH always had the rebel shots missing low between the sail panels.

This isn't the best example but you get the idea

[​IMG]

They used this same shot over and over.

My mind processed that as the TIE fighter's laser cannons were dropped down below the ship and must have been suspended by a small tube or filament.

It didn't help that the matte of the effects wasn't precise either.
    [​IMG]

15. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    I thought that Anakin was a good friend of Obi-Wan. The only times I Ielt they were friends were at the end of AOTC and the beginning of ROTS.

16. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    For years, I thought that Boga (The lizard Obi-Wan rides in ROTS) was pronounced "bogga".
    It doesn't help that, when I watched it in theaters, there was a girl there my age (I was like 9 or 10 I think) who mispronounced it the same way, thus "reassuring" me of the pronunciation.

17. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
  18. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    *borrows excited recap from a young person seated directly behind me from 1980* Upon seeing the first few scenes of ESB, he said excitedly to his buddy: "Look, that's Hans Solo!"

19. Nightvision91

Nightvision91 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2013
    As a kid I always wondered what was Obi-Wan's name. If it was actually Old Ben or Obi-Wan.

20. Storybound

Storybound Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 1, 2013
    I thought the face in Vader's mask in the cave in The Empire Strikes Back was Vader's face, and it still didn't make sense to me even after it was explained that it was Luke's face.

Also, I know this is the OT forum, and this is PT, but the whole I time was watching The Phantom Menace AND Attack of the Clones, I was convinced Padme and Queen Amidala were two different people.

21. Emma Chen

Emma Chen Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2013
    Luke was pointing his little finger towards his lightsabre in the Wampa cave when he was trying to reach it with the force.
    The Emperor saying "I can feel your egg-er", I wondered what Lukes eggs had to do with anything.

22. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I thought the rebel at the beginning of the Tantive IV attack, the one whose face is shown in a close-up, would be a main character. I was confused when he was fried just a few seconds later. :confused:

23. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    The first time I saw yoda eating the sausage that he stole from Luke in empire strikes back, I thought it was something else...

24. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I think I thought lightsabers were called lifesavers. And I used to pronounce Boba Fett as Bahb-ah Fett.

25. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    I didn't think that the Obi-wan in Phantom Menace, was the same Obi-wan in Attack of the Clones.

I knew Anakin was the same character, but for some reason I thought that Ewan McGregor was portraying two different Jedi characters. (One with and one without a beard)