main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Star Wars Misconceptions You Had as a Kid. (RE-MADE)

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Jedi_Saber101, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014

I just laughed out loud. This made my day. :D

Breogan, Revanfan1, WriterMan and 5 others like this.
  2. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    "We've got to be able to get some kind of reading on that shield, I'm bored now"

Revanfan1 and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  3. jc1138

jc1138 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 16, 2004
    In ANH, I thought that I heard one of the Jawas say "just a minute," and (after Owen calls the Jawa on the bad deal) "I couldn't lift a finger!"

4. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Oh, man. I've only read a few of these, and they're hilarious. I had quite a few misconceptions of the classic films as a kid. Part of that was me just being a silly nine-year-old when I first watched the movies.

"He's kind of a strange old kermit."
    - Luke

That's what I thought Luke said that Ben was instead of a "strange old hermit."

Also, for some reason, I just had some ideasthesia/synesthesia problems. I just was very visual and didn't process sounds well until I was twelve. I thought that every time that they said "Rebellion" that they were saying "Rebinyin." And part of it was related to Ian McDiarmid's Palpatine in ROTJ: "And the end of your insignificant Rebinyin!" Lol.

I also didn't realize just how much sex was on Han Solo's mind when he was with Leia. The first time I learned about sex was when I was eleven in the middle of an algebra lesson. I didn't understand how big Han's ego was. I got Luke and Leia fairly well. But I just thought Han was a weird guy, a comical person, who was obsessed with kissing Leia. Didn't understand why. Lol. I admired Leia and I actually went by Leia as a nickname during elementary school. I thought she was badass.

While I've become a well read and experienced person in twenty-nine years, I definitely felt very stupid until I turned 13 and started reading. Lol. I didn't get Darth Vader, but I was so scared when he cut off Luke's hand and said he was his father, and I cried with joy when he redeemed himself. But I had this misconception that he was wearing the helmet to look cool or something until I turned eleven. Lol. I also wondered if Palpatine was an alien for many years. He just looked horrible. I also wondered if Chewie cut the hair on his head regularly. Lol. I thought General Dodonna was a professor and not a general.

I also misheard some of Yoda's lines. When he had the flashlight of Luke's, I thought he said, "Take IT to him, I will." Like the creature was saying he was going to take the flashlight to Yoda! [face_laugh] I didn't know he said, "Take you to him, I will."

Also, as a nine-year-old, I had this odd misconception about the second Death Star. I thought it was the first Death Star--or what wasn't blown up. I thought it had been destroyed except for parts of the outside, but that they were rebuilding it. A year later, I read the opening crawl, and I was like, "Never mind." Ugh.

5. GuardianSoulBlade

GuardianSoulBlade Jedi Knight star 3

May 26, 2015
    That made me laugh because he is!

Ewok Poet likes this.
  6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    That's gold!

[​IMG]

7. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    When episode 4 pans down after the crawl and you see tatooine at the very bottom edge of the screen, I thought that was the "bottom" of space. I had no concept that was a planet.

8. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    One of you said that they thought Oola was transformed into the tiny being Jabba ate. I thought that, too, the first time I saw it. Crazy.

9. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    This isn't really a "misconception" per say, but I remember getting the "Imperial Dignitary" action figure as a kid and asking my parents what a "Dignitary" is. My father said "He's an Imperial that...digs in the terry."o_O

My mother explained "He's an adviser to the Emperor". But it never seemed to me The Emperor was the kinda guy to take advice![face_mischief]

10. chagrian_scavenger

chagrian_scavenger Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2015

I always hear that as well. Also, I could swear that C-3PO says 'Ketchup Naboo' while he is talking in Ewokese at the bunker.

11. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    I feel really smart. I never thought The Death star 2 wasnt new,I never thought Oola was Jabba food,I never thought Stormtroopers were droids.
    I just thought the invisible hand was wooden because of the way it looks when it hits the ground,Vader on Dagobah was an imperial officer,Qui-gon did not cheat at chance cubes,I KNOW THEY PASSED A SANDCRAWLER IN THE PODRACE DONT LIE TO ME!Maul survived falling(That WAS a misconception once) and ROTS was animated like TCW. Which is not that far from the truth......This list is just as bad isnt it?

TOASTEROVEN and thejeditraitor like this.
  12. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    there's a gag on the tpm dvd that's shows a sandcrawler racing pods.

TOASTEROVEN likes this.
  13. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Get out of here with your PT filth! :p

14. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    Thank you! Yes! Im not insane!

pronker and thejeditraitor like this.
  15. Darth Buttercup

Darth Buttercup Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2015
    I thought the fat dancer in RotJ had around 18 breasts and wore a bikini type thing to cover them all.....I was a strange child and am an even stranger adult haha

16. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015
    For some reason I always had a feeling Anakin as Darth Vader was not a robot - and I just didn't realize that he and Darth Vader were basically the same ... and yet now I refer to him as Anakin overall haha ...

Um - I never knew that C-3PO was one of a many types of Protocol Droids; always thought he was a one-off customized Droid haha ...

I used to mix up Jawas with Tusken Raiders; they both do inhabit the Desert Sands of Tatooine! Although I'm guessing Jawas are slightly friendlier if not trickier even if they are scammers compared to the more blood-thirsty kill-happy Tusken Raiders ... I mean then again look now at A'Sharad Hett ... ex-Jedi and ex-Tusken Raider :( ...

Always thought all Stormtroopers were the same - so no different rank or uniform or armor or specialty ...

Used to think Jabba was a good guy for some reason ...

Used to think Jedi were the 'bad guys' ...

Oh the list goes on!

17. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I once thought a toy released for the special editions of Star Wars with Cloud City was from Star Trek. I couldn't tell the difference back then.

18. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I was absolutely, completely, fully, entirely, 100% positive that Luke and Leia were actually born on Dagobah before being shipped off to Tatooine and Alderan, respectively. "Still... there's something familiar about this place," had me convinced that Episode III was going to go back to the beloved slimy mud hole and reveal it as their birthplace.

Upon seeing Revenge of the Sith opening day, I left the theater a somewhat disappointed ten year old solely because that didn't pan out.

Vthuil and Obi-John Kenobi like this.
  19. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I thought this one too. [face_laugh]

Me being an innocent child...Because Anakin had 'no father', I applied that logic to the twins' conception. The Phantom Menace for some reason had me completely convinced that was how babies happened. I just thought that Padmé had conceived them randomly while Anakin was gone. I remember telling my dad in the car on the way home from the showing of ROTS... "Wow, Anakin must have been so surprised! He came home to that!!! I'll bet Padmé was surprised too, because the Force gave them to her!"

Darth Nerdling and Ewok Poet like this.
  20. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    LOOOOOOOL. Reminds me how I read that "the seed that is in the father must find its way into the mother" and I thought that it's a random event, where the father basically polinates the mother with something that was like...lice. Seeing a very graphic cartoon on how babies are made a month or so afterwards was a scary experience. XD

Findswoman and Admiral Volshe like this.
  21. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015

Hello again! Is that so? It took me a while - it FINALLY took me up to ROTS 2005 - all these years I never worked out Anakin and Darth Vader were the same haha ... always thought Anakin was just someone else and Darth Vader well ... you get the gist of it ...

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  22. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

To be honest, I assumed Darth Vader was lying the first time I saw the films (although that was a while before ROTS came out). Obi-Wan was trustworthy, right? No need to believe the bad guy!

23. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    a lot of people thought that.

24. Crystalia

Crystalia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 24, 2013
    when I first saw A New Hope/ESB I thought Jedi had control of wind and air (so when they force called a lightsaber for instance, they conjured up a breeze to guide the lightsaber to their direction)

25. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Just thought of some. In ROTJ, when Yoda says, "Not ready for the burden were you," as a child I thought he was saying, "Not ready for the burger were you." Also, in that same scene, when Yoda says, "When gone am I..." I thought he was saying, "When God am I..."

Findswoman , lbr789 and Ewok Poet like this.