main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Star Wars Misconceptions You Had as a Kid. (RE-MADE)

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Jedi_Saber101, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Kuro

Kuro Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    At one point, when I was a kid, I thought that Obi-Wan was a clone named OB1 (in my defense, James Earl Jones really does make it sound like OB1).

2. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    Prior to the PT I always thought the Jedi pre-ANH were extremely small in numbers (like 50), they were all hermits, and just went about doing good deeds.

Prior to watching watching the Special Editions in theaters the commercial for them made me think they were old made-for-TV movies or some kind of TV Show.

I thought this too.

Anakin.Skywalker and AshiusX like this.
  3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    he is.

4. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    Allegorically yes, I meant literally turning into Vader.

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i know.

6. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    When I was very little, I thought when the Stormtrooper said, "The ships all yours" to the scanning crew, I thought they were actually going to get the ship as a reward or something. Like many kids, I was very literal as a child.

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  7. sbk1234

sbk1234 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 21, 2014
    When I first heard of the Clone Wars, I thought they were two wars that were fought and turned out almost identical, rather than being fought by clones.

AniLukeRey and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  8. DjangoKet

DjangoKet Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 15, 2015
    I had the exact same misconception! I also thought that when luke chopped vaders head off in his vision, vader (more specifically the bit of him that was chopped off) was turning into Luke. I clearly was little confused about what lightsabres did because i thought getting hit by them made you turn into your opponent but also that they could make you completely disappear like Obi Wan does in ANH.
    Also before getting the TPM visual dictionary i thought Anakin was wearing a string vest underneath his tunic.
    I also thought that as species ewoks and wookies were kind of closely related.

9. hdridernate

hdridernate Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 5, 2015
    "Lifesaver" was my big thing when I was little ... always had that misconception lol
    And now my kids say it as well hahaha!

10. Lord Malice001

Lord Malice001 Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2015
    I always thought as a kid that the second death star in RoTJ was just the first one from ANH (just really badly damaged)

11. hdridernate

hdridernate Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 5, 2015
    **** .... It's not! Lol
    Mind Blown!

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  12. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    I closed my eyes during the scenes showing the back of Vader's head, so I was pretty sure that Darth Vader was a robot. As a result, I was certain that he could in no way be telling the truth to Luke in ESB about the whole papa hood business.

I was also thoroughly convinced that the rebels on blockade runner at the start of ANH were Canadian, since the first rebel who squints and gets shot resembled the Canadian dad of a kid I knew, Not sure if it has anything to do with my subsequent inclination to like all Canadians.

13. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    Back in September '77, living in South East Asia (Indonesia to be exact), the kids who came back from the summer holidays, were ecstatic about the whole experience of seeing SW for the first time. So my memory of the time is a bit different. I thought my friends were just being hyper (as they usually were[face_dancing] ) and I gave it no more thought. More like "Who cares".

I could never have imagined the impact it had on my life when I saw ESB in '80. Great to be alive I tell ya!:D

MJ

Ewok Poet and AniLukeRey like this.
  14. Sir2lazyThe2nd

Sir2lazyThe2nd Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 13, 2015
    I thought Han Solo and Luke Skywalker were brothers...Ewww

15. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Partly confused by something in the Super Nintendo game, I thought there were multiple Vaders in the Cloud City duel. I thought there was a real Vader along with robot versions of him that appeared at certain stages of duel. I can't explain it.

16. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

That's pretty cool.

I'm not sure if this counts as a misconception, but I remember during the first time I watched ANH in 1995 that I believed that there would be almost no one else in the film besides R2 and 3PO. Lol.

AniLukeRey and GrimdarkRose like this.
  17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'm not sure how that's "ewww"-worthy (hmm, unless you read some specific fan fiction I suppose). I'd say the "ewww"-part is that Luke and Leia are siblings :p

18. Sir2lazyThe2nd

Sir2lazyThe2nd Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 13, 2015
    Oh, I have read "those" fan fictions out of curiosity

19. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015

This is just a cool idea. I wonder which ones were the robots? There are really only three stages: the beginning on the steps, the middle in the windowed corridor, and the climax on the gantry. One or more being a Vaderbot is an intriguing if unnecessary bit of imagining.

20. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003

In my mind, the initial confrontation at the freezing chamber was the actual Vader. The end on the gantry was also real Vader. In the middle when they're dueling in a hallway and the window scene were robot doubles (doesn't make a whole lot of sense because Vader is using the Force in the window scene). The concept itself would have been interesting--having various Vader doubles in command of different star destroyers (subordinates not knowing).

21. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    It definitely piques my interest. The idea would make for a good piece of fanfic or a Marvel story. Or, you know, an afternoon on the carpet with one Luke... and every Darth Vader action figure in one's collection.

22. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    I thought when we first saw Luke enter Jabba's palace it was the Emperor :p

23. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Robots? Nah, the Vader decoys are giant scorpions, obviously

Obi-Wan's Apparition likes this.
  24. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    He really does.

25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    That the Falcon travels from one end of the galaxy to the other in ESB. It felt to me like the Falcon travels a long distance. I was surprised when a map revealed Hoth, Dagobah, and Bespin to be near each other.