main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CARDS Star Wars Mish Mash!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Hubert Spala, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Hubert Spala

Hubert Spala Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2015
    Hello there fellow fans! Star Wars always was a big influence on me, and I am sure many of you could say the same. It is no wonder it shapes a lot of my creative works, both from my pictures and doodles to my fanfiction and even work creation, but I digress...

But back to the topic. It so happens that I am a partial owner of an UK/Polish game design company that make boardgames and cardgames! And our latest creation in the prototypes is a game... Uh, let me start again :D

I am currently working with my friends on another game. A little cardgame with a curious idea. See, I am a geek. I am into so many fandom I would need a pencil and a notebook to dot them all down. And then I thought about a thing that is common to most Sci-Fi / Fantasy settings and themes, and that is the Plotanium.

Plotanium, that is, magical, alien, advanced and utterly make-believe substances, chemicals and compounds that are the writer best friend and allow all sort of shenanigans to happen. It powers FTL travel, allow moving through time, act as weaknesses to superpowered beings or perhaps make someone a superhero.

Kryptonites, adamantiums, vibraniums, durasteels and the list can quite literally go on into hundreds! It’s like entire popular culture works with these elements!

And so we would like to not only mix’em up but do it in a fun, clever little strategy game about planning, setting stuff for later and of course putting in a bowl all of the Sci-Fi fandoms through the usage of the substances!

And of course Star Wars would be one of the main five Sci-Fi universes to mix in the game, and rightfully so - not just because it's popular and enjoyable, but simply because through the Extremelong run of the series and vast EU it accumulated quite a hefty list of made-up substances that fits the game theme beautifully! Phrik, Cortosis, Durasteel and oh so many more!

The game project is called...
    [​IMG]

And prototype cards!
    [​IMG]

And is in a very early prototype/development stage. Still, we value your feedback vastly, so if you're interested in helping me with making this game and make it properly Whovian for the fans and the new converts alike, I'd appreciate the help!

RESOURCES:

Game Rules v. 0.1
    Mixture Cards PDF
    Substance Cards PDF

And of course question for you! Would you prefer to have a standalone game dedicated entirely for Star Wars, or perhaps the idea above - a thematic mixture of all biggest Sci-Fi'verses clashing together through the uses of plotanium - is an acceptable, bah, even fun notion?

Crits, comments and questions are warmly welcome!

2. Hubert Spala

Hubert Spala Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2015
    Hello guys! I am a bit sad by the lack of responses, but I guess it comes from variety of issues - not a lot of information, most likely bad place on the forum to post it and well... I am still new here ;)

But I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP!

See, the game I am working on requires over 40 different substances and 25 technologies on cards. Since the game consist of the best Sci-Fi universes (and most beloved!) Star Wars have to represented quite heavilly! But I am biased - I know all the movies, read some comics, some books and so on, but as we all know the Star Wars universe is RICH with both substances and technologies, and I'd like to find a set that is most... Representative! So if you could help me find 10 substances and 5 technologies that you think are most representative for Star Wars, that would be fantastic. So far I have:

SUBSTANCES:

Phrik, Cortosis, Durasteel,

TECHNOLOGIES:

Lightsaber, Death Star, Gravity Repulsors, Turbolasers

So yeah, as you can see, far away from filling it up :D Please, help!