main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

STAR WARS MONOPOLY!!11!1

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Jeff 42, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    So, Rebecca, what's it like to be the one girl who's a regular in the Games forum? ;) [face_laugh]

2. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Um... well basically I get bugged a lot by immature guys.

You asked.... ;) :p

3. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Aww, it's all just a bit of harmless fun. I've already got an internet girlfriend, any more would land me in a lot of trouble. ;)

Still wouldn't mind that plane ticket though...

4. jarik33

jarik33 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    Besides the groovy theme, I think the EP 1 version was the best design of the game yet. The inner board is recessed so you can toss dice with reckless abandon, houses stack on each other, properties are stored on the board, it rocxxx!!!

5. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Rebecca: Um... well basically I get bugged a lot by immature guys.

But you get great offers!

i.e:
    Aragorn: I'll play it with you Rebecca.

PS: Dirty Aragorn. Where's Lord Ban when you need him?!

Dirty.

//shakes head//

6. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Star Wars Interactive Board Game.

Is that the one that comes with a Millenum Falcon playset you put in front of your TV?

No one has Sw Trivia Pursuit?

7. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ...i've got Star Wars Trivial Pursuit...

Quite a fun game, with Star Wars fans, although...

At least with the friends i have, basically, if you are lucky enough to go first, odds are you're gonna win...

It's really rare for us to ever get a question wrong, though.... fer cryin' out loud, the folks in charge DID put a couple of nearly impossible questions on there that would stump even the most ardent of Star Wars fans..

I'm trying to remember the two that ALWAYS got me:

What was Darth Vader's heading (i believe it's in his tie fighter when he's chasing Luke)

And... Hmm.. Something about "The name of a particular sound editor who worked on ANH"..

How the heck am i supposed to know THAT??

I do like the game, though..

I've also played "Star Wars Monopoly" (fun)

Star Wars Electronic Battleship (the sound effects are hilarious)

And, of course, the mother of them all, the original Star Wars Board game..

8. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Pat-Star Wars Interactive Board Game has you land on the Death Star w/ a strikeforce of jedi to blow it up, but then, Oh No! Vader senses you, so you watch the TV screen as you play and he yells at you while you sneak around the ship. Then he converts one of you to teh dark side and that person hunts you down. Not very fun, just wondering if anyone else had it.

9. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Not me.

I also have the electronic battle ship. The first one. Also I used to play the original SW board game all the time when I was little at my grandma's house. Wonder if she still has it.

10. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    d00d! :D I never thought I'd see this thread. =]

I've got the pewter figurines in my version! There are versions that come without them? That sucks. :( My only problem with my figurines is that Luke's lightsaber has been busted since the day I bought the game. It broke off about half a centimeter above the hilt. A friend told me, "Well, just pretend he's in the middle of igniting it." I should have taken the game back and exchanged it (since he was broken out of the box when I bought it), but oh well.

I got the game back when the Special Editions were released to the theatres in 1997 and Star Wars merchandise was again easy to come by. I've since found that Star Wars games are hard to find (monopoly, and especially trivial pursuit). I'm still looking for SW Trivial pursuit. :(

-Jomero

11. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    I've got SW Trivial Pursuit with the little pewter guys. Found it at Sharper Image about a month after TPM came out. It came with this uber-cool R2 spinner thingy. You press his dome, and these digital numbers on the front of him show the number of spots you move. It r0x0rs.

12. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I have the SW Interactive Board Game. Got it for like my 10th birthday, or something. Never actually played it, though. Seemed awfully complicated. :p

I did play with the little colored figurines that came with it, though.

13. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    Actually they released a CD-ROM version of the OT SW monopoly game.. It's ok, but the movies and Anthony Daniels's voice gets annoying after awhile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.