main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Motioncomics

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by rincewind86, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rincewind86

rincewind86 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 23, 2013
    Hey guy here you can find my first Star Wars motion comic
    hope you enjoy it. let me have a comment or so ^^

2. What other Star Wars comic would you like to see?

My own fav. is "Legacy Vol.1" cause almost everything about it is just awesome...
    but well it will take me a lot of time and before i wanted to hear what other fans say about or which others to do (2. fav. would be the Dark Empire Storyline)

anyways, let me know and may the....

Senpezeco, spicer, Pearlsaber and 4 others like this.
  2. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I'm impressed. I can tell how much work went into this. I've done motion graphics work myself, but this is a rather extensive job. While I'm not a huge fan of the style of art that is Motion Comics, I appreciate the work you've done here. Unfortunately, I can't really recommend another comic to do either, as the only comics I read are DC. However, keep up the good work!

rincewind86 likes this.
  3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Leviathan

[​IMG]

And well done, I enjoyed watching that!

4. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    Thx man, i really apreciate your comment. And i wanted to add that i want to do other comics,too. Right now iam sitting on finishing a sin city short story ( short meaning only 8 pages, the first sw clip was originally 16 pages long)
    Cause as you yourselfe mentioned, it takes me forever to finish the groundwork in photoshop ( 16 pages =12days a 8-12h)

Ofc i wanted to do a nice batman or dcu storyline,too. But those bigger ones have like 250 pages each....which would take.. I dunno...longer then forever when doing everything alone.

My listing is getting longer and longer but if i take on a superhero themed one it would be..
    Batman red rain (elseworldstory with him becoming a vampyre),batman-fight for the cowl, Gl rebirth, war of light, blackest night, jla world war 3 or the jla series done by howard porter and g.m. in the 90.

And then there are others still: i legend, the walking dead, sin city,

But...damn i cant decide and truthfully i am searching for someone to help me out with it, to finish such bigger ones faster.
    Anyways, when you think about some shorterones, do you guys know something in that direction?

I startet with starvwars tales cause mostly the story in there are between 8-and 25 pages long only, which is still doable for me.
    Anyways i will keep it up and lets see what other suggestion may appaer. In the meantime i finish the sin city one.

5. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    Thx, a real good suggestion. Had it on my listing, too i liked the young kip durron in action but was not sure if people would share that view.
    Anyways thx for comment

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    KYP!! :eek: How could you spell his name wrong??!?!? :_|

Ok, I'm over the drama now. :p

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  7. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    [face_laugh] Addie!

If you're looking for a DC story to do, I wouldn't ignore Batman: Year One, or Batman: Hush either. Year One might work well with the art style, and I just like Batman: Hush. :p

8. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    That was amazing, thank you for sharing!

rincewind86 likes this.
  9. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    ...sorry was typing to fast ^^

10. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    good suggestion....but HUSH was already done by some guys..even though it was not done well (and it is such a damn long storyline ^^)
    but year one is a real good idea. would you pref. the original year one or the new Earth 1 version?
    when i thinking along those lines "the killing joke" would be awesome, too. I just love the joker and i believe that he was never better drawn and more crazy then he was in this storyline. (and it was THE issue when the Joker finally got too Batman)

11. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Very well done!
    A motion comic about Dark Empire (at least some part of it) would be great indeed!

12. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    y, you are right... i had it on my personal listings, too.

Empire´s End was my fav.....but ofc i would do it from the start....
    i liked the artwork, too and those colorings just were incredible! From the same artist are some other Boba Fett storys, which went on my "maybe" listing, too.

General Immodet likes this.
  13. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Kennedy is great artist! One of the best artists that has ever drawn SW comics.
    Some people do not like his style, but I do. The colours he uses really help to establish a sort of atmosphere.
    Kenendy's colours most definitely made Dark Empire a very 'dark' comic.

rincewind86 likes this.
  14. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    y you so right man ^^
    my only problem with this style is that in cutting and recutting frames in photoshop i have to " fill" the background ..and it is much much more difficult to fill those color-in-color-water-colorstyle backgrounds cause you just cant use a "clonestamptool" for it..you always see when someone doctored at those nice colors.

Kennedy´s art may not not be everyones taste...but it just looks awesome. Dark, artistic and still colorfull. but for me very hard to doctor around with it. My personal Artist-Dreamteam are the ones doing the "republic" & Legacy Series. Jan Duursema and Dan Parsons! they rock so hard, i cant find the words how much those storys flashed my mind. Not only do they have a good writer with John Ostrander but the ARTWORK! INCREDIBLE!

Not as artistic as Kennedys work but i dig it ^^

15. Aegon Starcaster

Aegon Starcaster Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2013
    You're amazing! I would love to see the Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith in motion.
    The art in that one rocked.

[​IMG]

spicer, Mikaboshi and rincewind86 like this.
  16. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    This!

17. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    hey guys,another question: i dont know how many here do know the "Star Wars Tales" comic series by Dark Horse..but my question is
    Which of the storys found in there would you like the most?

18. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    My favourite story that was piblished in the SW: Tales series was the one in which Darca Nyl hunts that Dark Jedi.
    I, however, think that tales like Unseen, Unheard (the one featuring Nihilus), Heart of Darkness (the story shares its title with the infamous short novel by Conrad) or Dark Journey (one of the best SW stories I ever read) would do well in motioncomic format.

spicer and rincewind86 like this.
  19. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    man i sooo dig you...those are exactly the same ones i even started to work on ^^
    the Darca Story was awesome and i even had to search for the missing issues back then cause i wanted to have them as original and not as digital copy or something. the artwork, the storytelling....just great...but since it was a more then 3 part storyline i decided against it for the time beeing. ( i rather wanted to start with the darth vader vs. darth maul story, when taking on a longer story)
    and y the NIHILUS story is like made for motion (did not even think about it up until now, great idea)
    Dark Journey i started already...
    i also began working on "the aprentice" cause it only had like 4 pages and i did find the story funny in his way (the evil look, the girl had in the end)
    but i will consider "heart of darkness" for sure. this story was inceredible. finally the explanation for the dark cave on Dagobah..i loved the story back then.

very good suggestions.

hey another thought of mine: how did you find the Tag&Bink storys?...i loved those...wanted to ask around if anyone found them as funny as i did.
    it must not alyways be so dark and noir, you know?

20. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I actually didn't know that there was more than one Batman: Year One. So... either?

Also, just noticed that your screen name is a Terry Pratchett reference! Love it!

Grievousdude and rincewind86 like this.
  21. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    hey guys...i know it is not related to star wars in any way...but i amde it and i am so proud that i wanted to share it with you here, too. i promise the next project will be sw again ^^
    but let me know how you´d liked it, ok?

22. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    i just checked the now one...and it is not really crap but i did not like it and it had not the feeling of the dark and grim original year one.#i dint even know if they really should be associated with one another cause the new one was so ...in another way then what i expected of the batman univers, that i did not quite liked it and would not choose it for a motion project anyways.

23. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Tag and Bink were fun while it lasted. Actually, some time ago Strandley discussed doing another T and B story in which the two main characters would meet Ahsoka.
    He was probably joking, but still... Maybe they could one day publish a T and B story, just to make fun of the canon disasters TCW brought about.

By the way, do you all think the Yoda-like character in Heart of Darkness was Yoda?
    I remember him being called Mitch or something like that.

24. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    I
    It definatly was NOT Yoda! But seeing this little jedi made me wanna see more of the upbringing and training of one of the greatest jedi masters ever. I can not recall even one lousy story or such where yodas backstory is told. In " courtship of princess leia" is a very tiny part describing yoda as jedi only ( meaning a time before becoming a jedi master) but thats that.
    Even in " dark rendevous" was not even a little mentioning of those times. Only this short picture of him showing doku how he would be like when taking on the dark path. Does anyone know of a story telling the background of yoda?

25. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    No, Lucas has Always made sure no Yoda background story were published.
    Although, we all think he is a member of the Order of the Whills...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.