main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Motioncomics

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by rincewind86, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rincewind86

rincewind86 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 23, 2013
    i did not want to answer right away about this suggestion of yours but i dont think yoda was part of that order or shaman assembley or what ever those are. I did understand it like this, that Qui-Gon taught Yoda the little trick, as Yoda did taugh ObiWan.
    but there you opend the box of pandora a little bit cause i really think iam lost a bit in all those "afterlife"-ghost-speech things. i still dig the idea and the possibilitys to get even dead charakter interacting in later storys (obiwan-OT, Quigon-NT, Anakin-PoBakura & NJO, Luke-Legacy, Jacen Solo-FotJ) but i think iam lost inbeetween all those different"after-life"versions. there is the forceghost appearance, the is the "voice of a ghost", there are dream appearances... i really dont get it all...why is the quigon way so special? or should one try to understand just as different versions of same coin? as is the force, which is everything and more?
    I mean i do get that they did not think about it that much in 1977 but through the years they used all in so much different ways...the sith can appear just like that, all kinds of jedi dissappear after death and then reappear as ghosts (dark woman, yoda, obiwan) then jedi like qui gon dont, still they reappear. as was the father of cade skywalker. then there are strange things introduced like the strange pond of apparition in the new books. i just dont get it, really.

but to come back to the original statement: i think qui gon was more the one sitting in the mud on strange planets to learn such new ways of thinking about the force type, not yoda. yoda always quite appeared like a little set in his ways. sure he had to know something special to become the jedi grandmaster for hundreds of years but i cant imagin him sitting there and saying: y i shed all what i know like a glass to be filled a new!. he would be more like: what rabble this is. walk this way of thinking i wont. then quotig the jedicode in his strange voice and humbling away.
    but i can imagin quigon coming and saying: master yoda i was taught some new stuff, do you want some?... and yoda goes like: "a dangerouse technic that is, taught me you will but noone else must know" (cause even yoda set as he is still wants to have the little edge to stay grandmaster)

anyways, maybe xou can shed some more light one the whole afterlife/ ghost matter for me.

2. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    According to the movies, Qui-Gon is indeed supposed te be the first Jedi ever to learn how to come back as a Force Ghost.
    Clearly, they forgot about Ulic-Qel Droma...

3. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    here the narrated version, the narrated star wars version coming soon

4. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    hey man check out the new clip....i kno wnothing really new...but newly narrated

General Immodet likes this.
  5. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013
    Really good stuff. Keep up the good work!

6. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Great work!

7. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    thx man, iam working on producing the narrated first star wars motion comic, right now. new projects are still somewhere in the future but i hope you will enjoy the coming remake of "Star wars tales: extinction part 1" still

8. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    thx ...it really is apreciated if someone enjoys those as much as i do...or just enjoy it anyhow ^^

9. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    Hey man...it took a while but now the first star wars motion comic has a narration!!!!! check it out on vimeo..(you will be the firs since noone ever sees my stuff on vimeo)
    i have problems uploading on youtube cause of license **** but i will retry until they take it and re-post the video then) but until then enjoy the new narration and give me a feedback how you liked it (not about the animations, iam not proud of those anymore ^^)

10. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    hey man since you seem to be active here, too. check out the new narration for the "extinction" motion comic and give me a feedback pls.

11. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    dont know why i cant just edit my first post with a new link....strange:
    anyways, on last time for everyone out there: the NEW NARRATION is awesome , check it out.

12. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I just watched it and was really impressed. I liked Palpatine using Force Lightning and I liked how you used KOTOR music as soundtrack.
    The voice actors are great, although I think Palpatine sounded a bit too young.

13. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    hehe cool, thx. and well y he does not sound like a 100 years old but i very much likes is version of the emperor and darth vader aswell... but thx for feedback man. i have finally found a way to upload the stuff on youtbe. i dont know, if you have some way to do it would you share my new link somewhere?
    this one:

14. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    On this website or on youtube?
    By the way, if you are talking about this website, you can always put a link in your signature.
    I can't place a link in my signature since I already have two links in it and you only have a limited amount of space.
    What I can do, is post a link on other threads.

I think people like Samayel_ would be more than happy to see your movies.

Samayel_ likes this.
  15. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    wow, that´s pretty good stuff!, are you using After Effects´puppets?
    btw, congratulations!, as an advice, there are some audio dramas out there of existing comics that you can turn into animation!

rincewind86 likes this.
  16. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    hey man, thx for the comment.
    y i used the puppettool for everything. since i dont know cs4?cs5? dunno but it is an awesome tool. i still have to do the most groundwork in photoshop or illustrator ofc.
    and y you are right. i have seen some not so good motion comics useing those graphic audio audiobooks (which are awesome btw) and get a bunch of high clickcounts on youtube for it. even though most dont even have any animations in them. so in my opinion they use the good stuff others did and re-use it only and this with a bad product.
    since having done those two motion comics and other animations (all very basic) i know how much work really is on one of those "good" motion comics. the professional ones like the marvel and dark horse comics ones are done by whole teams of people doing everything together.
    just to give you an estimate: i needed like 6 weeks all in all for the sin city story which only had like 8 pages in the original comic. those big audio productions have storys which are between 200 till 500 pages...
    i alone would take for forever to do it all alone. so i cant take on such awesome storys really cause they are awesome and should be treated like that. (with a good motion comic and not a full ripoff)
    the main other reason for me doing my stuff like i do them is that i LIKE to do it myself. I like producing those. I am not into music/recording audio or voice and stuff..so this i still need ofc. but i directed those, i produced, i did all groundwork, all animations and the editing and VFX. I ofc admit that every of those roles could be filled by better ones but right now i only can "pay" in credits, so i have to find people willing to work for free on such projects.....and those are rare my friend ^^
    ofc not sooooo rare. so iam working on new projects this sec (guys wanna do kickstart projects and such) and Erick (the one doing the narrations in both movies) is awesome and the first real professional who was willing to work with me "just" for the credits. Facebook made it possible, who would have guessed. ( I surely have not) But finding him, which made the motion projects of mine soooo much better gives me hope to find other interested people who would like to work with me on other projects like these.

so y thats my lifestory.
    ^^

Samayel_ likes this.
  17. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    hey man..thx again for your support. but really share it where you like....i am happy you even answering to sucha spam request. In general. take it, post it, watch it, download it, share it how often and when and where you feel comftable? with! really.

I opened another thread here already but the statistik says noone finds it so i did nor even repost the new versions there. I dont get anything out of clicks btw (otherwise they would surely sue me for having no licenses and such)
    i just get a hughe satisfaction out of people enjoying things i made. and thats the best and most important thing any artist could get. happy viewers and maybe a statement with critic, thumbs up or anything else..you know what i mean.

the other thing is that i hope to find people whoch would take one new projects with me and for that they must see it.
    i feels like a russian hacker cause i already spamed whole facebook and any group related with my stuff.....even though the clicks are very low.
    so maybe noone wants to watch it cause it is still bad or i just dont reach the right groups with it.

meaning in short : Y PLS HELP ME AND SHARE LIKE HELL!! ;-)

18. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    but the youtube version pls ^^

19. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    im an animator too, so i understand all the work that you put there and how it works for bigger companies. Congratulations it looks that you´re really putting you heart on what you´re doing. Marvel did a Motion Comic contest years ago, i don´t know if they done more, but you must pay attention to that stuff, there are people out there watching videos, people with money.

20. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    finally... i finished the first version of my last motion project:
    "I Am Legend" the trailer

21. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    and here i present to you my last series of motion comic reviews:
    (no star wars, yet....but planed to)

22. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    here are no. 4 and 5

23. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    As always, great work!
    You truely have talent!

rincewind86 likes this.
  24. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Fantastic work, keep it up!

rincewind86 likes this.
  25. rincewind86

Jun 23, 2013
    a short showreel with some of the motion comic projects i finished this year

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.