main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Star Wars Movie Marathon in Singapore?

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by master_siandiao, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. master_siandiao

master_siandiao Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    I wonder if there will be any star wars movie marathon in singapore... I hope cineleisure can arrange this marathon. Imagine, watching 6 episodes in 1 go, for over 14 hrs non stop!

2. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Actually... the thought did cross my mind... maybe we can organise something?? What do you guyz think?

3. GetzJedi

GetzJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    I would recommend screening the Original Trilogy only... Enough goodness that won't result in too much of a good thing..

4. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    For the cinema to get the rights from Lucasfilm to screen the OT might be tricky

5. GetzJedi

Jan 21, 2005
    No need to be in cinema... Can do it during a FFSG chalet gathering...

6. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Yea that's possible. Regarding the chalet, I am interested in organizing it, but I'd like some feedback first on when would be a convenient time for most.

7. hobbes00

hobbes00 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2005
    Charlet would be cool.. My suggestion would be to make this Screening as awesome as possible. As in charlets the TV and the speakers arent that good, I suggest we bring our own surround speakers.. and mayeb a projector or a big TV - I'm sure we can arrange out something, those who have vehicles could help out, those who can cook make some good snacks, put sleeping bags on the whole floor so that it is comfortable even on the floor, bring additional cushions and YEA! last and not least a dvd player and the dvds ! :) some vodka would be awesome

Be creative a Jedi, we must!
    Cheers!

8. Mercurio

Mercurio Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    sounds cool!

9. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Wow our own TV and sound system? Sounds like a tall order. For one, who can provide all these?

As for a chalet, we have to start putting together possible dates now because it takes time to book. I'm afraid that the holiday season might be fully booked already, but you never know.

:)

10. GetzJedi

Jan 21, 2005
    If we are really keen to fork out a little money for a cinema experience, I'd recommend the auditorium of the new Sengkang CC... I was present when they screened EP1 and EP2 as part of their Youth Executive Committee activities... Pretty good!

But I would still recommend the screening of only the Original Trilogy (Special Edition) to avoid an overkill..

11. Aseylius

Aseylius Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    Hi, any further news bout the launchin of SW marathon?

I seen other movies like matrix and LOTR having marathon in cinemas but im not sure as to how it works.

12. martianlightsaber

martianlightsaber Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2004
    Gosh, reading the chalet post makes me feel guilty!
    I'm having my birthday celebration at aranda chalets at NTUC downtown east, with a projector and my own surround speakers. AND the theme is Star Wars (deco and such), the ONLY problem is my mum wouldn't let me invite a whole bunch of people I've never met...

13. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    o_O just how old are u...?

14. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    She's old, like 16.

15. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Then let's meet up one day..at least then we wouldn't be people you haven't met because you would already have met us. Do I make sense? Oh well... =p

16. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    LOL yes. Make sense. I get what you mean.

17. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    oh a she and she's onli 16
    i guess i understand why then.
    well u can come down for the saber sessions to socialize even if u dun wanna learn anything. that way u can invite us next time! haha

18. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Hmm, if 16 is old then I must be a grand-dad. But it is kinda true I feel old.

:(

19. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    omg! can all you people stop making yourself sound like ancient artefacts when you aren't past 21??

lol.

20. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    Oooh...ancient artifacts, I like te sound of that :p (think Indiana Jones)
    I'm game for a Star Wars Movie Marathon...but I would prefer if it included the prequels, though it would mean at least 8 more hours. Wow, martianlightsaber, your parents are so cool!

21. hobbes00

hobbes00 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2005
    I still say.. chalet + our own tv + own sound system + pillows..
    wanna set a date?

22. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Kim>> "aren't past 21", so does that qualify me to make myself sound like an ancient artifact?

But seriously, no one's old here. Please when you get to 800 years old, then old you become.

23. kimbilili-k-s

kimbilili-k-s Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Crovus: erm...well...you can be prehistoric.

;)

chalet during june is kinda impossible, so do we want to set it in nov/dec? or before august since JaZzYjaZZ is going off?

14+ hours of star wars...now wouldn't that be heavenly. hm, so who's going to get a pirated vcd/dvd of ep III?

24. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I am so tempted to say that we should wait till AFTER the original DVD gets released... 'cos the quality will be much better... when is it being released??

I just love the bonus bits in the DVDs! :)

25. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Hmm......if SSC got their way, there is some kind of OT or Prequel Movie Marathon everyday during the run of the exhibition in the theater or even OmniMax on selected dates. [face_thinking]

But lookie lookie at the state of the Contract rite now (Update from Sat: Contract still not back from Japan) and what happened during the LOTR one (FOTR EE & TTT EE screenings were not approved), the possibility is like so low. :(

Personally, I prefer our own Movie Marathon as can lie down with pillows, blanky, food etc etc and can pause for toilet & snack breaks! :p Between the LOTR Trilogy Marathon I had attended, I found the one at the Starlight Cinema in Malaysia most comfortable as I was either on my belly or back most of the time! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.