main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Star Wars Movie Marathon in Singapore?

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by master_siandiao, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Well... if anyone wants a pirated Ep3........

2. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Speaking about Chalet, if we're serious then we gotta start booking soon. So what we need is a list of possible dates when the most people are available.

a 3-day chalet would be difficult during the school period, so does that mean everyone is supportive of a 2-day one?

:)

3. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    hm, how bout over the weekends, starting from friday afternoon/evening?

i hope i can attend the chalet before i get enlisted, lol

4. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Technically, a 3-day-2-night chalet is possible from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon, but how many people can actually committ to that? That's an entire weekend and most people have something they need to do.

:(

5. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I can probably commit to that, but it depends on which weekend... I tend to keep my weekends free for things other than work, if I can help it :)

We will need to share the cost of the chalet though, so who else is willing to commit?

6. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    If you guys are talking about the Costa Sands resort, price is about $258 for the 3 day 2 nights. That is if you book under someone who has the NTUC Income card memeber.

Last I checked which was a month ago, the only one with decent slots left is Costa Sands, but even then it's restricted to certain locations.

Check it out at www.coastasands.com.sg

7. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, I should be working by Nov/Dec so I can only arrive around 7pm. Can't take off on weekends as saving it for my trip to KL (either the 1st or 2nd weekends of Dec). Can stay overnight tho' it'll be a little rush to get to SSC by 9-9.30am the next morning. :p

If it's Costa Sands, please aim for Pasir Ris one for those who still have to go somewhere during the day? ;)

8. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Roughly when will the chalet be held? And I definitely won't be allowed to stay overnight...

9. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Well, it depends when the majority wants it. If you're looking at holidays, then it'd be Sep or Nov/Dec, so that most of the students can make it. But of course I probably won't be around then anymore...

10. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    I don't know, but i rather have it this holz before the guys who are leaving, well....leave. But i understand it's gonna be very rushed.

11. GetzJedi

GetzJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    On behalf of the Singapore Outpost of the 501st, I offer a ceasefire between our legions, to explore the possibility of a joint gathering over a weekend in July or August, whereby we shall appreciate a good dose of the Original Trilogy and the good company of our enemies over a BBQ feast...

Should the offer be graciously accepted, the 501st will deploy its troops to secure a suitable location...

In Service Of The Empire,
    TI5850

12. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Deploy away, trooper! :D

13. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Hey Jazz,

You'll still be around in Jul or Aug??
    Hope so! It kinda would have something missing if you weren't there too.

14. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Hmmm...I think July should be okay. If doing it at the weekend of July 10th and at Pasir Ris, some of us can also sneak off to Downtown East for CosFest in our SW Costumes/Armors. :p

Don't mind the combi between FanForce and Outpost either. ;)

15. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm supposed to leave in August, I'm just not sure exactly when, but it should be in the later half of the month.

Yeah I'll miss people if I weren't able to attend. Not just for the chalet but in general.

16. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    yeah! somewhere near my house...finally! i dun think i can attend but can drop by any time... :)

17. Jedi_Healer

Apr 23, 2005
    Sometime Jul-Aug would be good. There's one week when my parents will be out of town so that would be best... =P

18. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Jedi_Healer... just curious, but which week is that?? :p

19. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    well watever it is, i hope its soon, maybe later part of this mth i hope. cos i'm enlisting soon..

20. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I just hope it's before the end of August.

21. Jedi_Healer

Apr 23, 2005
    Hmm..not too sure actually. Definitely before end Aug and after start Jul.. I'll check with them, but don't let it hamper your plannings.. =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.