main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Star Wars Movie Watching Night is Set!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AuntBeruLars, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AuntBeruLars

AuntBeruLars Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2006
    Okay, I thought a new thread for info was warranted.

This was posted by ekimnotslar:

"Attention Rogues: I have confirmation from Admiral Jim: we are go for the rendezvous Friday February 9th. Dark Lord willing, we will go back in time to our youth (for some of us that's fast approaching 30 yrs ago).

Everybody chime in on how many movies to watch- how about this: Shall we watch the recent
    re-release(s) of the "original" releases (boy there's a mouthful!)? I wanna see Han shoot Greedo the right way-first! I'm tearing up right now- My six year old (Ethan) Luke is watching Revenge of the Sith as I type. sniff sniff...

Mapquest 4001 E street, 95819 for nav coordinates.

Pizza? batch of 2 liter sodas? microwave popcorn? BYOL (lightsaber) and comfy lawn chair?
    Collectables and costumes optional?"

2. AuntBeruLars

Mar 5, 2006
    Meeting time will be approximately 6 p.m. with 1st movie to begin by 6:30.

The Di Kum family is bringing popcorn (microwave on premises). We are also bringing some Diet Dr. Pepper, water, a cooler w/ice. Apparently there is also a refrigerator available.

So...who is planning to attend, and what are you bringing. (I am hungry already). :p

3. RUSSELLSTANSBERY2

RUSSELLSTANSBERY2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2006
    [face_peace] I would attend if someone could give me a ride to and from the event(PARTY!), I would pay for gas.

I will bring some Coke,Pepsi,and Dr. Pepper.

Rus

4. AuntBeruLars

Mar 5, 2006
    Russell, we will pick you up right after we pick up Belda......say, about 5:40 or so. If you have a cell phone please PM me with that #.

5. RUSSELLSTANSBERY2

RUSSELLSTANSBERY2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2006
    [face_peace] Hey AuntBeru I PMed you (Thank you)

6. AuntBeruLars

Mar 5, 2006
    ekimnotslar.......soda
    Russell...........soda
    Di Kim family.....soda, water, popcorn
    Belda.............chips and salsa

That may be enough soda.

Avalyn07..........garlic olives (oops! Did I do that?) [face_whistling] [face_laugh]
    Rogue Leader......???

Who else is coming??

7. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Well, since its a church, I guess bringing a keg of guiness is out. When I get there I will have Dominos on speed dial. And diet pepsi

8. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Any particular reason why Domino's?

9. sithmastersaul

sithmastersaul Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2005
    well i would love to come but i work til 8:30pm might even have to work till 10:30pm . so everyone have a great time

10. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    It's cheap! =P

Oh, and I'll put the request in to work to get the evening off. Typically they make me work until 7-730ish.

-TJ

11. ekimnotslar

ekimnotslar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    Hey-ah! I'm gonna invite 2 or 3 friends, of whom 2 may show. They'll chip $$$ for consumables.

Beer would be out because Quakers are generally "tee-totalers" (though I like all forms of beverages, including the pan galactic gargle blaster, Correllian brandy, etc.)

12. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    I'll come if I can get a ride to and back from somebody. More importantly I would have to have a ride back from someone. Anyone who's coming out from the Woodland-Davis area let me know if I can catch a ride with you. Thanks.

Oh, and as far as what versions of the movies to show, I prefer the original releases of Episodes IV, V, and VI but I have them at home anyway so it doesn't matter to me that much. And of course, I'm definitely OK with the prequels (are we planning on seeing all six episodes?).

As far as what I can bring, I can bring plates or napkins. I don't think anyone's mentioned bringing those yet, have they?

--Jedi Dark Night

13. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    Greetings JDN- I too vote for original "re-releases" of 4, 5, & 6. I think we can make it through 4 & 5, but those plus 6 would be rough (I'm old). Anyone got copies of the latest "original trilogy"?
    I'm scoping out the basement and kitchen tomorrow for necessary supplies. I'll report back tomorrow afternoon. I recommend bringing a favorite camp chair, 'cause the church ones are steel.

Any more thoughts yeah or nay regarding a display table for collectibles, or can that idea?

14. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Yep I have the originals on dvd,:cool: AGAIN[face_laugh]

AuntBeru no worries I got us covered on the garlic olives. :D

Ekimnotslar does that mean if I bring my own flask of my favorite fire water no one has to know???[face_shhh] ;)

I will also bring some sweets for the sweet.

I am thinking that chocolate pie that everyone liked at the Christmas party. Yummy![face_batting]

15. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    I can bring chips and dip.

16. Womprat429

Womprat429 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2006
    Since everybody's bringin chips, I'm gonna bring red vines or junior mints or something else movie-like and cool. And I shall bring Jolt Cola just so everyone is extra hyper. yay!

17. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    JOLLLLLLT cola baby! PUT IT IN A VEIN! Some guacamole dip would rock-I luv dip, and I love chips & salsa too (might bring a friends secret stash).

I recon'd the church and they have plenty of bowls of all sizes, a fridge for sodas, and
    microwave. If we brought our own disposable cups & plates it would help, but they have a lot.

Flasks of pan galactic gargle blasters and Correlian brandy, etc., may be consumed liberally in the parking lot (just like high school) 'cause I won't "know any better". [face_laugh]
    Just remember I am Cor Sec, so no drinking and flying, spacers :cool:
    (I would join you, however, due to professional concerns I quit drinking for 6 six months out of personal conviction- no biggie: just had to have a little "break in the action")8-}

chocolate is an aphrodesiac on Coruscant, so gitttter done!

I'm stoked about going back in time to the originals!!!- feel the Force flow... The church may be getting a new projector, which means possibly a new bigger screen, which means we can all participate in the original trench run INSIDE the cockpit with Luke!

18. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    Any further interest in a collectible table set-up, or shall I just set-it up and let the Dektari fall where they may? My buddy Andrei may bring his MR Darth Vader lightsaber in case (no blade).
    I got a trinket or two I'll lay out (one thing I ordered I been hoping for for awhile). I WILL BE BRINGING Anakin LS (EP3/4), that WILL NOT be for show, but for use...

I'm serious about the lawn/camp chair thing- the chairs in the basement are cold steel. I will have my judo mats laid out in front of the screen, for "drive-in style" style seating. Bring a blanket if ya wanna spread out there (mats are cold). The basement useable area (unobstructed by pillars) is probably 25+ wide X 60+ long.

I will try to get there early for set-up. I will erect/build/station/ignite/activate some kind of cool landmark as a homing beacon for easy identification. Any thoughts on this can be directed to my personal email (click ekimnotslar ID).

I just gotta make sure the basement is picked-up when we're done (10 minutes). I don't think there is a time limit for use until 8:AM the next day, so we can play it by ear. I live in Elk Grove, and will give rides accordingly.

Can someone bring a camera? I always forget one and I take terrible pictures anyway (everything looks like a bad camera episode of "Cops" when I'm behind the lens)...

19. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    The club photographer will be there to record it for posterity and blackmail...oops did I say that. :) We will bring the extra disc just in case. :)

Still trying to figure out what to bring. Will let you know when I figure it out.

20. AuntBeruLars

Mar 5, 2006
    Sounds like this is shaping up nicely. I expect a good crowd.

I believe we have 3 lawn chairs for us...may have an extra one, but not sure. Will bring it if we find it.

So, if everyone brings cold sodas and puts them in the fridge, I will not need my cooler. However, I may still bring a bag of ice for those who want ice in their cups.

Thanks for this idea, Bith_Lord. This was way overdue.

21. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    AuntBeruLars-one bag of ice will probably be sufficient, but if "two for one get two".

I concur: Bith-Lord deserves some kind of medal for his uniform, a row of ties on his X-wing, or perhaps a new notch in his lightsaber. Three notches if we make it through all three movies!=D=

22. x_jedi1

x_jedi1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 27, 2005
    Y'all have fun! Can't come as I'm traveling to Hoth to find a certain Dr. Solo. I've heard of his groundbreaking experience performing lightsaber magic on Luke's tauntaun so thought I'd see what magic he can perform for me. ;) (i.e., I'll be laid up for awhile - see you in March (maybe?) or April. I'll check in when I can.)

23. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    I have a family illness come up so I won't be able to make on Friday.
    So sorry everyone, I was really looking forward to some R&R.:_|

24. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    I have put the evening off request into work. We'll see what happens.

Of course, now I need to secure transport now that my previous arrangement has fallen through.

LDV, will you be heading by my place on the way down or were you already going to be in the capitol?

-TJ

25. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    Now you know it's not this friday but next Friday Feb. 9th, right Avalyn?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.