main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars movies forever! We might never live to see the final SW movie made!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Nov 18, 2015.

?

What do you think of indefinite SW movies for further generations to enjoy?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2017.
  1. Great idea

54.1%
  2. Bad idea

45.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    It's been going over all the net now. And It's been confirmed in a Wired Magazine article interview with Kathleen Kennedy and co. That there will be indefinite number of sequels and spinoffs after the ST. So it looks like we cen expect not only Episodes X-XII but Episodes XIII-XV,Episodes XVI-XVIII,a spinoff Han Solo trilogy before ANH,a spinoff trilogy about Vader and/or Obi-Wan before ANH,we could even expect a Tarkin movie or a Trilogy perhaps. And of course there will definitely be an indefinite number of new SW novels in the NEU too perhaps the further adventures of Rey,Finn and Poe after Episode IX and perhaps the years leading up to Episode X.

We're likely be going to have SW movies made well through it's centennial year 2077 maybe even 2100. Either way none of us living today are going to live to see the final SW movie which might not be made till 2115. By then our descendants will be walking on the planets and moons orbiting Alpha Centauri. And don't forget GL said when he sold LFL to Disney and announced the ST:We could be making SW for the next 100 years. And it looks like they're going through with that plan.

2. KnightOfRen

KnightOfRen Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Well... I love Star Wars. But I don't want them to overdo it.

3. Jar Jar All The Way

Jar Jar All The Way Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2014
    I can cheat death so I will live to see it. Too bad only I have achieved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    I definitely think that good things should be enjoyed in moderation, but voted "great idea" to troll the OP for his hyperbolic post :p chill out, man... :han:

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I've been reading multiple SW books and comics for years. A movie a year? Hah!

6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    There will be films for a long time! But I would like to see the end!

7. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    As long as the trilogies are paced well, like every 15 years or so; yes!

8. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    the only series I care about is the Skywalker Saga, that's the one I hope ends before I die the rest I'm OK with missing out, since they are new and I wouldn't be as attached to them.:p

B99 likes this.
  9. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Could someone put a link to the article? :)

NVM

10. FirstOrder

FirstOrder Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 26, 2015
    It's only natural that it will happen.

Why should we be so greedy and not allow future generations to feel that hype and excitement that we have when a new Star Wars movies is being released? I don't know about anyone else, but I never get this hyped or interested in a movie, unless it's Star Wars. It's an event.

Knightstalker137 likes this.
  11. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    On a FuriousFanboys article Lucasfilm has SW planned through 2025. It was said that ILM has SW movies to make over the next years. Even though the list only goes up to the Third Anthology film coming in 2020 possibly the Boba Fett one. They have another Trilogy after the ST and more anthology films in the works. Cross your fingers it's Episodes X-XII. PLEASE PLEASE PPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET THE NEXT TRILOGY STARTING IN 2021 BE EPISODES X-XII!!!!

12. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    Eventually they will run out of ideas, once you hit the KIDS being bad storyline there's not much left you can do with the skywalker angle. They'd have to take it in a completely different direction but at that point is it worth even trying?

13. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    They'll be making Star Wars movies until they're no longer profitable. It's not like this sort of thing has never happened.

Even still, there's plenty of areas to explore. They could reboot the Old Republic era (the "Disney" version of it) and go that way. They can remake the original trilogy (you know they will someday), they can even do alt history Star Wars movies like that one comic series.

TX-20 and Artoo-Dion like this.
  14. Vemrin

Vemrin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 24, 2015
    They can make them for as long as they can make them GOOD

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I think they will be heading for the inevitable burn-out with a new film every year. I just can't see how that could be sustainable for the long term. But hey, stranger things have happened.

16. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Star Wars movies forever? What next-- James Bond films every other year? [face_not_talking]

Oh wait

17. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
  18. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    F YEAH, DUDE! STAR WARS 4 EVAH

Mod edit: Removed inappropriate image

19. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    It all depends. Making a truly iconic film of the ages, that will successfully capture the imagination and appeal to all ages is, nowadays, a near on impossible task I think. Creating that sense of awe and wonder people felt back in '77 when the underbelly of that Stardestroyer first moved across the screen and kept going..and going..is an example of a movie going experience that simply cannot be achieved in this day and age. Obviously SW is about much more than that, but that sequence had everyone hooked from the off. The fanbase globally is literally huge for SW. So TFA (and the ST as a whole) has a big head start on something that would be completely fresh. OT fans who were kids will now take their kids to see it and hope they fall under its spell as they once did. Fans who were kids and fell in love with SW due to the Prequels will now watch a new SW film with totally different eyes. The SW sandbox created is so huge and full of history, that the scope for stories that could potentially be told is massive. I fully expect to be a grumpy old octogenarian and see a new SW film being advertised on my Holo TV in the future ;)

20. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

Ha ha! Wut?? OK...

21. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    The mere thought of Star Wars movies being made after my death confuses me.

22. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015
    I would be 103 in 2077. Not saying I won't make it that long, but it would be nice to be there for the 100th Anniversary of SW, even with a catheter stuck in me.

Seeher and MillenniumFalcon2015 like this.
  23. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    I'm worried about the anthology movies. I think they are going to be a little uninspired. Episodes 10-12? I say go for it why not?

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  24. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    I say got for it..... so long as the stories are good and the film-making compelling. And LFL needs to be able to pull back a bit if things are getting overdone. Nothing wrong with taking a 5-7 year break if the market is oversaturated.

TX-20, Dak Oolron and Jcuk like this.
  25. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Yep, that's right. There needs to be a sensible strategy from Disney going into the future. Otherwise SW overload years on end will wear very thin, very quickly. And that's something on which I assume we can all agree we certainly do not want for SW. But saying that, there's probably those who wouldn't object to such a scenario.I just think once we've had the ST and the 3 anthology films they should take a break. With perhaps just an animated series set in the years before TFA being the lone media for a period of 3-5 years perhaps? Who knows..

TX-20, Strongbow and Dak Oolron like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.