main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars movies forever! We might never live to see the final SW movie made!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Nov 18, 2015.

?

What do you think of indefinite SW movies for further generations to enjoy?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2017.
  1. Great idea

54.1%
  2. Bad idea

45.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014
    Can't really see how anyone could think of this as a good idea.

It's not as simple as "Well, we like Star Wars so more Star Wars is good, AMIRITE?" Quality is clearly going to suffer - see Marvel, where they're aware they can just churn out cheap, exploitative content because brand name guarantees tickets sell like hotcakes.

Anyway, I'm sure plenty will be pleased with the news.

2. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

What? The dollar is actually pretty strong..... And what do movies have to do with debt? Did I miss an attempt at humor?

Darth Lurker likes this.
  3. Vemrin

Vemrin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 24, 2015
    Im getting so tired of asking this on every site that brings this up why can the MCU do 2-3 films a year but star wars can't do 1

Force Smuggler likes this.
  4. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014

That's a risk... And one which will have to be scrupulously avoided. Personally, I think a lot of Star War's future is in the anthology films. But they have to be careful not to constqntly screw up the continuity. Lucas had a terrible time with continuity. In fact, he didn't really care about it. But if LFL is gonna play in that sandbox, they DO have to care, becuase the fans do.

MCU is going to start burning out soon, IMO. But you bring up a good point. One reason Marvel can do 2-3 films a year is because only 1 film is typically really important to the arc story, and even then, it is often not essential. The rest are the equivalent of Anthology movies. Star Wars will do something similar. At least for a while. I just hope it holds out long enough for me to get a bad ass Kenobi movie.

Knightstalker137 likes this.
  5. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    I'll be 86 years old (hopefully) when Star Wars celebrates its 100th anniversary on May 25th, 2077.

By then, I suppose we'll be well past Episode 12...

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  6. Vemrin

Vemrin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 24, 2015
    What makes u say this

7. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    It's really not a matter of simply deciding whether it's a great idea or a bad idea. It all has to do with QUALITY. If the movies are consistently good, then absolutely bring them on. If the quality goes down and the movies are poor, then obviously they should stop because it will really cheapen the saga.

Think of it this way: A live action show, like what was planned years ago, would water down Star Wars quite a bit, like Star Trek. To me, one movie per year sounds far far better than a live action show. If quality is kept at a high standard, one movie Per year sounds great.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  8. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014

Because people burn out on stuff. Also, AOU was weak. We'll see if Civil War can stop the descent into weak stories. It's hard to maintain high quality with such prolific output. Decline is all but inevitable.

9. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    This is amazing news! A new SW film every year, on top of the shows, books, comics, games, etc... I'm gonna die of SW overload! And the thing with SW is it's hard for it to burnout. It's freaking SW! The stories it can tell are numerous. It's in no way like Marvel. I've never watched any of them (not a superhero guy), but eventually the same old plot of the hero beating the bad guy(s) gets old. It's essentially the same movie every time. With SW, we got the ST, Rogue One, Han Solo film, and the rumored Boba film. All telling different, unique stories. It won't be the same thing like with a superhero flick.

10. DashRender90

DashRender90 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2015
    The thing Star Wars has over pretty much every other franchise is that its a universe. Its not tied up in Indiana Jones, or James Bond, or Batman. It can star just about anyone, it can take place just about anywhere, it can be morphed and shifted into so many different storytelling styles. The possiablities are limitless.

I have no doubt none of us will ever live to see the final Star Wars movie. Disney and Lucasfilm are gonna ride this out for generations to come.

11. Lord Nikon

Lord Nikon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2012
    There, this is key right here. The SW universe in the films doesn't have to stick to prequels or post-OT eras. They can explore whatever they like.

There will be some kind of burnout I'd imagine, and they will get a rest for a decade or so....but then it will be revived again when everyone has had enough time away. And that's fine by me.

12. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    I think Disney will bring back this cast for future films maybe in 2037 or when the actors are much older to pass on the Star Wars torch to a younger generation. This is why we're getting BB-8 and other droids/aliens, so they can replace the older cast like Peter Mayhew and Anthony Daniels. This trilogy will bring new characters for future films, IF they decide to continue years from now.

13. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I'd be lying if I said I'm not glad to be getting tons of new stories, but at the same time, I think it's a bit sad that TFA is probably the last time the release of a SW movie will be a really big deal. After this, when they're being churned out on a yearly basis, sure, we'll still look forward to them, but it won't have that "BIG EVENT!!" feeling anymore.

D'an likes this.
  14. DashRender90

DashRender90 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2015
    The novelty factor of "New Star Wars!" will be gone after this year. They're just gonna have to rely on being good Star Wars movies.

Which is, ya know, good!

Satipo likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    As long as they don't start doing more then one movie per year.

16. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    Once they release Episode IX and A Star Wars Story films like Rogue One, Han Solo, etc. they should go on hiatus until Episode X.

I would like to see something set 800-1000 years before the events of Episode I.

The problem Disney will have is coming up with something fantastic and ORIGINAL.

I do hope that we get really great older actors like Star Wars did with Alec Guiness and Peter Cushing. I'd like to see Michael Caine, Anthony Hopkins, or Bill Nighy.

17. RobShanti

RobShanti Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2009
    I think Star Wars movies until the end of time is a great idea if, for no other reason, than to drive Senator Claire McCaskill crazy. How dare she tell men to stop talking about Star Wars, or try to silence men in any way. Or contravene the spirit of the First Amendment. I advocate we all write to the not-so-distinguished Lady from Missouri just to send her our thoughts on each Star Wars movie as it comes out.

18. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    The alternative reality, the reality I had accepted, was no more Star Wars movies in my lifetime.

Like seeing another man on the Moon.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  19. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Please do KOTOR!

You know that (Never-made) Coruscant underworld game called Star Wars 1313? That should also be a movie.

20. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    we might not live til next week. stay safe kids. [face_devil]

21. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Exactly right! Bring it on! Star Wars is a never ending serial! ;)

Force Smuggler likes this.
  22. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I stopped with the games and books when those landscapes started to seem over-crowded, so I suspect the same will happen to me with the films as well. Star Wars films will go from must see theater events, to rentals, to waiting until it's on TV, until finally I skip one altogether. I wouldn't be surprised if a young Han sequel will mark the beginning of the end for me.

23. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
  24. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013
    But the Star Wars cannot pass beyond the great concession stand. That is the boundary and the price of immortality.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  25. DarthHavok

DarthHavok Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2002
    I'll be 97, hopefully [face_nail_biting]. But I agree. I'm fine with one a year with Episodes every 2-3 years like Bond. If they've got a good story arc it should be fun. I think you can go in many directions, but I agree I don't want to see the 7th Sith Empire. Let's explore some other things and see what people can come up with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.