main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Star Wars/Muppets crossover

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SimplyThrilledHoney, Sep 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    I've been taping "Freaks and Geeks" each afternoon (best show ever!) and saw an ad last week for the series of Muppet videso available only through mailorder.

One of the clips they showed on the ad was a snippit of the Star Wars episode, where Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher , as well as C-3PO and R2-D2 were guests on the show. i seem to recall they popped up in the "Pigs In Space" part of the show as well. it's unclear whether this particular episode is on the introductory video offer, or whether it's just a teaser to make us sad SW fans shell out ....

Anyone else seen the ad, or been tempted to buy the videos ...

Lawrence

2. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001
    I have seen the ad too, haven't forked out for it... Looks quite interesting though...

[image=http://blueharvest.net/images/misc/muppet-sw.jpg]

3. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

Yep, the advert's been on for AGES - you obviously don't watch much TV. :)

There was one episode of the original Muppet Show where Mark Hamill, C-3PO and R2-D2 (I can't recall Carrie Fisher, but maybe her too) were the guest stars that week. The story line was something along the lines of the Star Wars characters crashing into the Muppet theatre and eventually meeting Luke's Earth cousin, Mark Hamill.

Evidently, some of the filming for RotJ(?) was happening across the road from the Muppet Show studios, so George Lucas OK'ed their appearence.

BUT, after all this, I've no idea if the Star Wars episode is included in the initial videos or not. Sorry. :(

4. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    I think there was a muppets episode where Mark Hamill appeared in pigs in space too.

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    It was Hamill, Chewie, R2 & 3PO. I had it on video, and tried to lend it to Kitt, but the tape had gotten mouldy.

It was made during the filming of ESB, Luke had his "Bespin" clothes on.

[image=http://www.istnet.net.au/~chefgreg/starwars/images/muppet2.jpg]

The Pigs In Space was the same episode, with Miss Piggy as Leia & Gonzo as Vader.

[image=http://www.blueharvest.net/images/misc/muppet-sw.jpg]

I'm waiting for the Muppet Show classics to come out on Pal DVD - they're available on DVD in the US.

Volume 2

Episodes - Mark Hamill, Paul Simon, Raquel Welch

UK Skits - Three Little Fishes, Veterinarian's Hospital, Marvin Suggs Interview

Muppetism - Miss Piggy (the Diva)
    Muppet Screen Test - Star Wars: Yoda
    Archives - Angus McGonagle sketch

Did you know? - The Muppet Show was taped at ATV Television Studios - Studio D, Borehamwood, England. Mark Hamill knew his way around the neighborhood - ATV was right across the street from the Elstree Studios where the first Star Wars trilogy was filmed.

6. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Hehe, this looks like fun. I never saw the ads on TV--guess I don't watch too much TV these days.

7. purplebabbit

purplebabbit Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2002
    My daughter loves cartoons so I ordered the Muppet videos - so I have the Mark Hamill Episode. I really wanted the dvds instead, but I could be waiting for a long time, so I decided to just get the videos - love the Star Wars bits :) (filmed in 1980 according to starwars.com)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.