main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

STAR WARS MUSIC LIVE!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Philippines' started by jedinov, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedinov

jedinov Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2001
    One of the great ideas we kicked around in the first EB was to get a local orchestra to play Star Wars music in an informal venue like a mall or a park. Puede rin siguro music ni John Williams. Anybody connected to a local orchestra like the PPO or the MPO or even a university orchestra like UST? It would be really great if we could put on such a concert...

D' Master

2. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Star Wars music always makes for great orchestra listening. :) Siguro we can also have a portion there na tribute to John Williams and his other movie soundtrack creations. Excited na talaga ako dito. Thanks to Ian for the suggestion.

Wouldn't it be amazing if maybe the UP Singing Ambassadors can SING "Duel of the Fates". ;)

Will ask around. Some people from my other groups may have connections.

3. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Maybe for a future big convention..especially come 2005. But we have three spoiler-laden years to come anyway.

4. DarthScully

DarthScully Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2001
    this is a very good idea. thing is the first question they'd probably ask you is if you have a song sheet (is that what they call em?) its pretty hard to play SW/John Williams without those.

5. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    PPO and MPO have done it a countless number of times already. I bet they already have copies of those.

6. hat_tr1ck

hat_tr1ck Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    I'll ask my friend who's an associate professor/conductor/pianist with the UP College of Music for his thoughts on this matter.

7. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    Hey! Great! Hope you can have at least some tentative answers or ideas for us come Saturday. :)

8. ulan25

ulan25 Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    yehey!!! i hope this thing pushes through. :D maybe we should write PPO or MPO...who has the contact? At least we'll know the possibilities-- like if they have the music sheets, or how much they charge, or what other arrangements we can do with them -- like co-producing the show with whoever.

:D

9. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    Ulan and I were talking about this event a few hours ago while downloading the Metallica cover of the Imperial March. ;) One idea we came up with in connection with this is to also conduct some sort of "Battle of the Bands"... but they have to play SW music only. Then whoever wins the contest can join the orchestra during the main concert. :)

Anyhoo, just send in more of your ideas, and if someone has contacts, please, speak up. Thanks.

10. StompboXX

Jan 13, 2002
    Whoa. Easy lang sa plans.

*sindak*

11. DARTHMAULDER

DARTHMAULDER Jedi Master star 1

Nov 16, 2000
    Do you guys know where I could download the Across the Stars music video? thanx

12. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    here's the link:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/video/musicvideo/musicvideo1.html

hopefully the link still works....

13. DARTHMAULDER

Nov 16, 2000
    I mean where could I download the entire file in quicktime format. not just view it from the official site.

thanx enwei...

14. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002

here's another....

http://www.empiremovies.com/movies/starwars.shtml

this one's got all sorts of other clips and trailers aside from the music video. tell me if this is still not what you need. :)

15. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    Yoohoo? Darthmaulder? Downloaded the video yet?

16. DARTHMAULDER

Nov 16, 2000
    -You don't have permission to access "http://applesw.download.akamai.com/ep2/music_video/ep2_acrossthestars_v320.mov" on this server.-

:(

sige sa official site na lang... thanx jedi ginny! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.