main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Star Wars music video (take two)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by VoijaRisa, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    If anyone's interested, the fan films board is hosting a Star Wars music video contest. I entered the video I posted this spring to "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls, and have created another entry to "Going Under" by Evanesence which can be found here (right click > save as). You'll need the quicktime player to view it.

If you'd like to visit the contest thread it can be found here. It runs till the end of the month at which point a poll will be opened and I hope everyone will vote for one of mine.

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Remind me to load that when I get home. I loved your last one, makes me almost cry everytime I see it. You really did an incredible job on it. Bet this one's just as good.

3. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I'm hoping you downloaded it at school and put it on your flash drive. It's ~25 MB. I hate to think how long that'd take you to download on dial up.

4. JediUruviel

JediUruviel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    I'm trying to see it now... but it's taking a while to download.

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    No flash drive on this evil machine (work computers suck) Maybe I'll have to wait for the weekend and hit it at Randy's.

6. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    I downloaded the video last night. Twas pretty good. :)

I'm thinking up one for myself to work on as well... But we'll see if time allows for it.

How long did it take you to do that one Jon?

7. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I'd say it took somewhere between 8-10 hours. Many more cuts than the last one.

8. Draco19

Draco19 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2005
    I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but on MTV 2 they have a show called video mods, where they take video game characters and put them to popular music, I beleive that they did a mod using star wars, and they have two, one to the Foo Fighters and one to Franz Ferdinand. I think the show is on on sundays, I not sure on that. but if you don't get MTV 2 check it out on MTV's web page I think they have it there.

9. JediUruviel

JediUruviel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    let me just add, this video nearly brought me to tears.

10. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    Impressive - you've got my vote!

11. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    You cry too easily then.

12. Burger_King

Burger_King Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2005
    I'm finally at Randy's so I can load it. This is Dajuan BTW. Too lazy to sign on as me.

It was a little sad. I loved the lightsaber sound at the end, good way to end it. I liked the first one you did better, probably cause I like that song more and the whole thing really makes me cry. Very powerful video though. Great job!

13. FoxyHotsauce

FoxyHotsauce Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2005
    Well I've never seen the first one but I really really want to now

14. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    My first one can be found here.

Unfortunately, an immature kid was running the contest and he decided to change the rules, and since I wasn't around due to finals and the like, I wasn't informed, and was thusly eliminated from the competition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.