main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Musical

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by strawbary, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Ok, I was just informed of this a few minutes ago and I sooooo want to go.
    I hear they r having a Star Wars musical at MIT there in Boston........for more info you can check here: Star Wars Musical

Does anyone want to meet up for this? Smells like a road trip to me ;) yahooey!

2. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Yep, I do believe it's been brought up in our "Meetings for Next Year" thread! :D We're certainly up for it...hehe...I've written a bunch of SW song parodies I could probably belt out...

3. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Yeah,we have been talking about going.

If your serious about making the trip down,when were you thinking off coming.I think it would be awesome if some of your group and some of our group hooked up for a showing of tapdancing stormtroopers (cant get the vision out of my head [face_laugh])

4. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    was thinking the feb 1 or 2nd showing.....how about you guys?
    I need to research hotel and costs for this as well for about 7 of us.

5. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    I believe we were thinking feb 1st,also.its in the "meets for next year" thread.so I'll have to double check,brb.

6. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Yep,the 1st is when we were talking about going.Just keep us informed if you decide to make the trip down.Would be pretty cool to have a FF meetup :D

7. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    8 pm showing -- our latest meet ever. :)

8. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    indeed. Feb 1st.

9. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    in the "meetings for next year" thread, geez you guys are preparing 12 months in advance :D oh it refers to 2003 ;p

10. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Count me in. Star Wars the Musical. This I gotta see.

11. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Bah. On Feb 1st, I'll be driving a group of VIPs to the Verizon Arena in Manchester to watch the Wildcats kick the Black Bears' arses. :D

12. sith_lord21

sith_lord21 Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    my swimming and diving caption fran, is in the star wars musical. gotta ask him to score me some free tickets!!! who wants 1?

13. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    This just in....!

They have added a 2pm performance on Feb. 1st due to popular demand.

Do we want to go to this instead of 8 pm?

I really want to buy my ticket soon, so you guys need to let me know.

14. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Myself and DarthMoby have already reserved tickets for the 2pm show on the 1st :D
    Caitlin: How does the seating work? I got a confirmation that I have tickets being held. Unlike other events, they don't tell you where they are located seat-wise. Does this mean if I get there earlier, I'll have better seats?

15. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    For anyone coming via the subway, I can meet you outside the Kendall stop and guide you through campus to the student center. It can be kind of confusing if you've never been there before. If that sounds good to you, let me know.

16. JainaMSolo

JainaMSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2001
    Basically, seats are assigned based on how early you reserve. Currently our box office manager has everyone's reservations, in chronological order, in a neat little notebook. Once we get the final seating chart (we are trying to fit about 60 more seats than we normally use, so it's taking a bit more time), she'll start assigning seats. So, if you all want to sit together, but you're going to make separate reservations, you might want to say in the "special notes" section, "I'm with the Boston Rebels group," or something similar. I'll let our box office manager know to be aware of that.

Caitlin

17. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    So which showtime is going to be the meet?

18. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm hoping it's for 02/01/03 at 2 PM. That's the show I got my ticket for.

19. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    I guess it's 2 pm then...

20. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Followup:

I reserved my ticket for 2pm, and changed the time on the website to match that. This will allow our Rebels who live outside of town to be able to attend. *cough* Dave *cough* As for walking from Kendall, do you think that's the best route? I think if you went from Hynes Convention Center on the Green Line, then you'd only have to walk across the Mass. Ave. bridge and you are there.

Cut and paste the map:

http://whereis.mit.edu/bin/map?oldstate=1&off.x=3027&off.y=1200&hi=bldg_w20&loc.x=138&loc.y=55

The red building is where we need to go...The T is Kendall, while the bridge that goes across the river is right near the Hynes stop.
    Let me know what you think.

Tony, Master of the T :p

21. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    its nice to know we decided a time [face_plain]

22. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    It makes sense cuz three people had already purchased tickets...maybe they should have waited. Also, it allows the younger members to get home at a decent hour. This could be the factor that determines if they get to go or not.

Don't worry, be happy. :)

23. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    It makes sense cuz three people had already purchased tickets...maybe they should have waited.

My point exactly.It would have been nice if,oh I dont know,they waited to see when everyone else wanted to see the show.But thats ok,I know its kinda a strain to wait for people sometimes.You know, considering we are planning this as a GROUP event!

24. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    To be honest the 2PM show just makes sense. We have a least four members that have already reserved their tickets and by doing the early show it gives our younger members a better chance of making the meet.

I may try and see the show a few times.

On a related note. The Reservations Manager contacted me trying to get a headcount for how many seats we will need. If you are going to go please post that. As well as how many tickets you have reserved.

25. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    I have nothing againsy the time.I agree that it would be best so everyone can see it.My gripe is that noone waited..

Plus also keep in mind that Strawbary said that they might take the trip down to see it to.I dont know about you,but if I was going out of town to see a show and the people I was planning on seeing the show with got tix to a show that I couldnt get into,I'd be pretty pissed off.Its called consideration ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.