main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars n00bs

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LadyPadme, Dec 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Just a point of curiosity, as I've loved Star Wars for decades and my kids had both seen the movies going into TFA, but was this a movie that someone with little to no SW exposure (I know, can you believe they're out there? :p) would be able to follow or like? Is anyone out there a SW n00b before TFA, or do you know anyone like that, in which case what was your (or their) experience on seeing TFA?

2. LordTimCahill

LordTimCahill Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 13, 2015
    I think if you introduced someone who had never seen Star Wars before that they would find TFA as there favourite movie in the saga.

3. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    TFA is easy for anyone to follow without previous exposure, but I'd see the OT first.

4. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    Easy enough to follow, but I'd argue that the concept of The Force wasn't re-introduced in a way that made it clear that some people had an inherent ability or potential to manipulate it

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I would say probably not. I'm 38 years old, and I "prepared" for the movie by rewatching the OT. At the very least, those in the theater would realize why people are clapping when Han, Chewie, Leia, 3PO, and R2 first come into the picture.

6. alko

alko Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2015
    My girlfriend was new to the OT so we watched those three films prior to watching TFA. She was entertained and apparently had no problems following the plot. I think she liked the characters and the humor a lot. She asked me a few questions afterwards, but mostly simple things like character names. She didn't say anything about those so-called plot holes.

7. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    As a SW n00b, I don't mean someone with recent exposure who went to the movie, I mean someone who went into TFA cold, having never seen ANY of the movies.

8. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I went with some friends who were not SW fans. One of them had never even seen a SW movie. Overall they enjoyed it, although were a bit confused with the plot and there were many “inside” jokes they didn’t get, but other than that, they liked the humor, the action and the characters. I don't know if they became fans though.

9. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Well I'd say the vast majority of people new to SW via TFA will be young children, so for many of them TFA is SW (for now). For those who become fans, I'm sure they'll go and watch the other six, and it will be particularly interesting to see how they compare and contrast to an entirely new generation. ;)

Tython Dawn likes this.
  10. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015
    There were stories about what happened.

11. Connordoo

Connordoo Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2015
    My ten year old sister came to see it with me and understood most of the film perfectly fine and enjoyed it, although I think she would have enjoyed the film a lot more had she watched the OT at least. It would probably had made Han's death mean a lot more to her after seeing him in his prime in the OT and the ending with Luke would have been much more epic seeing him defeat the empire. But she still said she really liked the film which suprise do me becuase she knew absolutely nothing about it and didn't want to see the film saying that 'Star Wars is for boys' so I'm really happy she liked the film and I'm going to make her watch the others.

12. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I'm not a Star Wars noob, but I play one on TF.N.

13. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    More converts to the cause! :p

Connordoo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.