main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Star Wars New Canon, Books ...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Leoluca Randisi, Jan 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    With the New Canan books that are out, Like Aftermath, Lost Stars, Batlefronts, and so much more do you guys think any of these books should or will get turned into Movies, Theatrical Movies? I personally think it would be cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. andy20166

andy20166 Jedi Padawan

Feb 8, 2016
    I think that the books should stay books that way it gives fans something to further enrich the new trilogy. The new anthology films should add to the saga as well, but should be original and not based on any thing. I hope they make more than three films because this allows them to educate the new audience episode 7 has created on this universe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krueger likes this.
  3. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I think the films should be unique endeavors. We've gotten some really cool stories in books and comics but they should stay as just that, books. I want to get something different and new from each medium as a fan.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  4. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    well what if in say 5-10 years we have some pretty cool books that would make fans salivate to make it in to a theatrical movie? I can remember a time when people really wanted Shadows Of The Empire to be made into a Movie, I quite Liked that book!!!!!!!!!!!

three that come to mind are Battlefronts, and Lost Stars and the Prequel to the Rebels could either be made Into a Live Action or Animation Movie I really liked all three books and wouldn't mind them making theatrical movies out of them!!!!!

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think adapting stuff could be fun, Lost Stars is a pretty epic tale and would make a great movie, but it'd get too complex and inherently weaken the canon fabric of the Star Wars universe. I'd rather keep each individual canon element as it's own story in the Star Wars universe in whatever format they are. An adaptation of Lost Stars would be just that, an adaptation. Things would change, you can't literally just do a movie exactly like the book. And then, in turn, what becomes "canon" for the Star Wars universe? Does the theoretical Lost Stars novel not become canon and now the movie is? It goes on and on.

I'd much rather see characters like Ciena, Thane, Aphra, BT and Tripple Zero pop up in movies, TV and spin-off flicks as continuations of their characters instead of trying to flat out adapt their stories. Who is this Aphra gal? She does stuff for Vader, her origin story is in the comic, but you can see her running around on TV and movies and the like.

6. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Yea, I agree and you made good points. If a film is made of XYZ book what takes precedence? Then you have an issue of films being more canonical than books and comics....a very slippery slope. I say keep all independent and let's explore these comic/novels characters elsewhere.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.