main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Star Wars News From The Front ....

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rotag21, Jan 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok guy's. Just like the title say's ... Star Wars News from the front. I'm opening up this title page so we have a place to put news related items under. You know, anything we may like to pass on about the Star Wars world news wise.

Such as the following news story out today on the lego's line's continuing.

So let's see some good news stories here people...
    That is all ... Dismised

LOL ;) SeeYa!!
    TK

LEGO Addresses Their Star Wars Plans
    Mon, Jan 12, 04 08:44:14 PM EST

With all the LEGO reorganization and refocus news in the past few days, Jake McKee from LEGO has been working to get news out today addressing their plans. Here's the news he wanted to pass along...

From Jake McKee
    In the last few days, I?ve seen much discussion, and recevied many questions about the future of the company. As you probably saw/heard, 2003 was a rough year for the LEGO Company, for a number of reasons. Kjeld has retaken the helm, and has said that we are returning to ?our core?.

Rest assured, ?our core? simply means our toy business. Which is to say, our toy product lines present and future.

Licenses

Harry Potter and Star Wars are NOT going away any time soon. Licenses are not going to stop, simply continue to improve. We have to take (and have taken) steps to ensure we manage the peaks and valleys that licensing brings with it (Movie years vs. non-movie years, for example). We are still going to be going after the top licenses with the right brand fit.

In fact, we have announced what I think is going to be a great license today:

Dora the Explorer

Mindstorms

Mindstorms is not going away, but may continue to evolve. Like all technology products, Mindstorms will continue to grow and improve as consumers gain new technology knowledge and technology itself continues to get better and smaller.

WWYM Line

Another fear I?ve heard is that the ?What Will You Make?? line is going away. This is not true, and the 2003 product line showed great success and potential. Stay tuned for more great WWYM products in 2004!

More information will be forthcoming, as the changes progress.

Thanks!
    Jake

--- Jake McKee
    Community Development Manager
    LEGO Community Development
    I'd like to thank Jake for letting us pass this along to everybody!
    Reported by Rebelscum.com

2. Sabaccs_luck

Sabaccs_luck Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2003
    that's a releif. I was worried we were not going to see the new lego sets. Such as cloud city with Lando.
    But I was also thinking that if they cut back that leave it up to others (like me someday) to flesh out the sets with cool aliens and stuff.

3. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Well, we have more repacks of the SW figures coming. The only one that looks interesting to me anyway, is the Stormtrooper, which is a repack of the commtech trooper. I'll be getting a few of those! :D

http://sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=29875

4. JangoFett3263827

JangoFett3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2003
    Two BIG chunks of lego news...
    Late this year, the lego DEATH STAR and, drum roll please, full-size Millenium Falcon! :)

5. SithapprenticeDJ

SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    It would be awesome to get the LEGO Death Star but I don't think I would have the room for it. I would really like to get the LEGO Millennium Falcon though.

6. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    I just noticed on the Fanforce news that Hallmark just announced the new Star Wars ornaments for 2004. Chewbacca and C-3PO, Anakin Skywalker from Attack Of The Clones and the Star Destroyer/Rebel Blockcade Runner w/voice and lights. I'm not sure what the other one is but I'm definitely getting Chewbacca and C-3PO. I'm also going to get the Star Destroyer Rebel Blockcade Runner combo.

7. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    New Lego Millenium Falcon pics are here: http://sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=29900

If these pics don't get you excited, what will?!

This is one of the most interactive and detailed Lego toys ever! Excited much? You bet!

Next up, how about the Master Replicas mini-lightsabers?
    http://sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=29892

Check out the article, 'Nuff said!

-Cephas

8. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey guys, I just finished Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy and I have to say that it's pretty awesome! The lightsaber battles you can have are out of this world! Not to mention when you get the choice of going either light or dark at a pivotal point in the story.. well... I did it for both just to see how the story works out. I gotta be honest, staying on the light side seemed to be a bit more satisfying. But if you have an xbox, I highly recommend that you rent it! :D

9. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey John, I'm really surprised that you finished it already. Do you own the game or did you just rent it? I plan on getting Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy for the XBOX sometime in the near future. I also want to get Republic commando when it comes out this summer. This was just a thought but we should probably set up a topic on games so we can talk about this stuff. Games that are coming out, games we are playing at the moment, and maybe a poll on the best Star Wars game of all time.

10. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I rented Jedi Academy DJ. I got it for a week from Blockbuster, and I lost count of how long I played that sucker, but it sure seemed like every waking moment! :)

11. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, I just found out on the Fanforce news that sometime in the near future Master Replicas is coming out with Stormtrooper armor that's right you heard me STORMTROOPER ARMOR! This was mentioned in one of the Star Wars Insider's a couple of years ago. It's going to be really expensive but just think about it you could purchase Boba Fett armor and you would be all set when an event came up. The price is going to run around $700.00 dollars.

12. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys I just found out on the Fanforce news that on April 4th of 2004 the silver Clone Trooper will become available. You just have to buy something from Hasbro that's $19.99 or something that equals to $19.99 and you'll get the silver Clone Trooper free.

13. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys I just found out on the Fanforce news section that Carrie Fisher was on some show on NBC. She said that she wanted to play leia again. I just thought that you guys would find this interesting.

14. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys I just found out on the Fanforce collecting section that Code3 collectible's is coming out with the Slave1. I didn't get a chance to check the pictures out but I thought I would pass it along.

15. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys I just saw the LEGO Jabba's Palace on the Fanforce collecting section and I don't know if it's an archive or if it's a new set that's coming out.

16. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys I just found out on the Fanforce collecting section that the Yavin four wave has been spotted at a Walmart in New York.

17. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hello Everyone,
    Well here it is .As you may know the word is out. DVD set for Sept. 21, 04. Problem is..........it only going to be the 1997 release. Sorry. I guess what we want as fans do not really mean much to old George these day's. I believe it a shame that we did not even get a choice. Oh well :(

LOS ANGELES (AP) - "Star Wars" fans will finally get the Force-feeding they've been asking for.

The original three "Star Wars" films - among the most anticipated on DVD - will be released in the digital format Sept. 21 in North America, LucasFilm Ltd. and 20th Century Fox announced Tuesday.

A price for the package and international release dates were to be revealed later.

The original "Star Wars" movie from 1977 - now titled "Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope" because of the newer prequels - will be compiled in a four-disc collection along with the follow-ups "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi."

"For all the fans who've been watching VHS and wearing out tapes, this will be a leap into hyperspace," said Jim Ward, a Lucasfilm marketer and DVD executive producer.

The fourth disc will be for bonus features, including what the companies described as "the most comprehensive feature-length documentary ever produced about the 'Star Wars' saga" and archive footage from the making of all three films.

They were re-released in theaters in "special edition" versions in 1997 that included touched-up effects and some new scenes.

The versions on DVD will feature only the special editions, LucasFilm spokeswoman Lynn Hale said.

Even though many fans of the original movies had hoped the rougher, unaltered films would also be provided, Ward said there wasn't much debate about whether to release the unaltered originals.

(AP) Actors, from left, Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker, Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia and Harrison Ford...
    Full Image

"The official definitive versions are the 1997 special editions. That's the version the artist, in this case George Lucas, intended to be seen," he said.

There have been two prequels since "Return of the Jedi" wrapped up the original series in 1983.

"Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace" debuted in 1999, followed by "Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones" in 2002. Both are already available on DVD and will not be included in the original trilogy package in September.

The yet-untitled third prequel recently wrapped principal photography and is set for release in 2005.

18. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, Saturday I was on Fanforce trying to find out if we were meeting on Sunday and I checked the news to see if there was anything interesting. Gentle Giant is coming out with a Bossk mini bust and I think it's coming out this summer but I'm not sure. I also found out that Mastercard is going to offer a Silver Jango Fett mini bust. Gentle Giant is also coming out with a 12 inch line that will include Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Leia, Chewbacca, Yoda, and C-3PO. Gentle Giant is also coming out with collector helmets kind of like the Riddell helmets. The only two they mentioned were the X-wing Pilot and the Tie Fighter.

19. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    Hey guys, I just found out on the Fanforce news that Topps is coming out with trading cards for the Clone War Cartoons in April. If you want more info you can go to www.topps.com.

20. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    MAN... DJ !! I wish I had half the time you do to spend on line and find all this great stuff.

YOU GO BOY !! :)

Everyone give it up for DJ. He's our new man on the street with Star Wars N.E.W.S

Good work DJ keep it up. Love to see.

SeeYa!
    TK

21. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hi all !!

One more thing. Time pending & all. Well till Rik kicks us out that is. I have a great movie we may try to check as well. It's called "My Science Project" it we made back in 1984. That may be some time ago for some of you out there. But it is a great movie and it even has some Star Wars ref. in it. I believe you guy's well like it .

Ok till then............
    TK

22. Sabaccs_luck

Sabaccs_luck Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2003
    NO frelling way!

I just found out on www.connecticon.org (the convention in connecticut that I went to last year, this is it's second year it's in july)

"Peter Mayhew will be attending ConnectiCon 2004. He will be hosting a few panels about his career and about Star Wars."

For those that don't know (Like me, who just looked it up) He is the man who plays Chewbacca the Wookie.

How sweet is that.
    Now I've got to think about getting wookie things and having them autographed (if he is doing that). Hmm maybe by then I could stitch up a stuffed wookie and have him sign it in a permanant washable marker.

By the way I'm going to try and win some of the contests so I may have a free pass given to me to offer (if I win). And if I win the art contest I may get a booth for free so I and a freind could do artwork and represent the MMs and wear shirts and have cards for our local SW exclusive store. :)
    Always support the star wars community and freinds.

23. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hello Everyone,
    Hope all is well...
    The new packaging is out for the DVD box set. I've not figured out how to post pic. here yet, of if you even can. SO I do not think the pic well show up. You can how ever go to Sirsteve and see it there.

SeeYa!!
    TK

Star Wars Trilogy DVD Packaging

Click to Enlarge
    Clear off some shelf-space for this fall's release of the Star Wars trilogy on DVD.

The two-sided package features elegant, embossed cover art, either rendered in platinum for the widescreen editions, or in gold for the full screen versions. The illustration showcases the heroes of the classic trilogy, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo and the droids, in a format that harkens back to the original release poster. Looming on the opposite side is Darth Vader, the definitive film villain whose rise and fall is at the core of the saga.

The Star Wars Trilogy on DVD is a four-disc set that contains A New Hope , The Empire Strikes Back , Return of the Jedi and a bonus disc of all new special features. Each of the four discs in the set will have its own dedicated packaging, designed to fit seamlessly on the shelf with the Star Wars DVDs already in your collection.

The Star Wars Trilogy on DVD debuts September 21, 2004.

Visit StarWars.com to check out a picture of the Full Screen version.

24. SithapprenticeDJ

May 1, 2003
    I actually saw the packaging for the Star Wars DVD Trilogy on the Fanforce News and I made it my background for my computer and it looks awesome. At the time I thought it was just a wallpaper some Star Wars fan came up with but then I found out it was the packaging for the DVD.

25. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note. Something on a personal level here. lol

I'd like to just let everyone know NOT to pay anything on ebay from a person listed as ... marvelusmarvcus

He does sell lots of nice Star Wars items. DO NOT be tempted. lol

See, he wishes to cheat his customer. He practices unfair shipping rules at ebay, plus a couple more things that are just not right. And as everyone of you know... I'm all about ebay. LOVE IT ! :)

But this person not playing the game correctly. So please don't do business with him.

Thanks,
    See everyone next week.
    TK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.