main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Star Wars News!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediSoccerDad, Mar 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    I know you all read Theforce.net like I do, but I figure it would be nice to put things that come up on the borads in case anyone misses it. Feel free to chime in with any other news. these could be things we follow up on at Meetings.

Here are a few things happening before or 1st Meeting.

March 22nd:
    The first twenty episodes of the Clone Wars animated series will finally be out on DVD on March 22nd. BJs is offering it with a Clone Wars Graphic Novel!

April 2nd: (Thanks Ambush)
    The local Toys R Us will be doing Midnight Madness for the ROTS Toys!
    1055 Woodland Road
    Wyomissing, PA 19610
    (610) 208-0898

May 3rd:
    Sony Classical Releases (May 3rd) New Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith Soundtrack That Includes A 70-Minute Bonus Collector's DVD. This looks VERY cool! The Bonus DVD Takes Viewers on a Musical and Visual Journey Through All Six Films From the Most Popular Movie Saga of All Time and Features Scores From Five-Time Oscar Winner John Williams.

2. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Here's something I came across. I didn't notice if TheForce.net already reported it. [face_thinking] I sent it to them as well.

LEGO Star Wars: The Movie

The latest issue of LEGO Magazine, now arriving in subscribers' mailboxes, features an ad for LEGO Star Wars: The Movie, premiering on Cartoon Network on May 8, 2005, at 7:00pm.

The ad contains a shot of a CGI General Grievous and a few other shots of the cartoon, all in CGI and "built" out of LEGO pieces.

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, I didn't even know about the Clone Wars DVD until last week and I didn't know about the new episodes of Clone Wars last night until after it aired. [face_frustrated]

Bah...I need to type up the rest later...have to head back to class. :p

4. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Steph, go to: http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/promos/200503_starwars/index.html to view the episodes the day after they are shown on Cartoon Network. So, yesterday's is up!

EDIT-- Just watched it myself, and while the voices threw me a bit, it was pretty good! I must admit that I need to do a lot of catching up with the Clone Wars novels (I have 3 I need to read) and SW: Obsession comics.

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Okay, I can finally type up the rest of my reply.

What I was going to say is that I'm surprised the Wyomissing Toys R Us is even going to do Midnight Madness. I didn't even know there were enough fans in the area to merit it. *shrugs* Oh well, I'm not complaining. Anyone going to attend?

As for the soundtrack - that's the single thing I'm most looking forward to(product-wise). The AOTC soundtrack was released with the action figures and stuff, why the change this time around? I'm kinda bummed out that.

Dave, thanks for the link! Unfortunately, I couldn't get the dang thing to play. I downloaded the updated version of Windows Media Player and everything. Is there some kind of setting I need to change?

6. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I can't say why it wouldn't run, Steph. Are you on dial-up? If so, it may just be taking a while to load as it took a mintute or 2 to load on my high speed connection. Another possible thing might be that there were a lot of people trying to view it at the same time as you and the system was bogged down.

I am taping them (had to set one of my VCRs to record from 7:00 to 7:16 every night this week to make sure I didn't miss one), and if you are still unable to view them, I can loan you the tape.

7. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    No, I'm on DSL(just got it too) and I was really excited to finally be able to watch things like this - and it didn't work. Oh well, I'll try it again in a few minutes. Having multiple people trying to view it all at once sounds like it could have something to do with it.

As for the tape - I really appreciate the offer, but hopefully I can get it to work. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.