main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Star Wars Night 2015 - Catch All Thread

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BobaChris12, May 19, 2015.

1. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
  2. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Before this thread was created I was all...
    [​IMG]

3. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    I am going offline as of now. If you need anything, please text or email me (BobaChris12@yahoo.com)

Please check the SWN Packet that I emailed and handed out PRIOR to reaching out. I'm human and may have missed something, but am pretty sure I captured the important items.

4. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Now that the dust has settled, I hope everyone has had a chance to breathe, take a shower, air out their costumes, and relax those smile muscles. I think we broke a record of laughs and smiles, and that doesn't include those outside of NR!!

Kudos to all for making this the best SWN yet! A few changes were made that attributed to help making the event run smoothly, but in all honesty, YOU made it run smooth. Our experience with the event, love of Star Wars, and dedication to Compass House made a lasting mark on the parents and kids who look forward to our appearance year after year!

I Googled the event and came up with some links to the final battle, and have been tagged in a number of FaceBook photos. Please share your pictures on our Group page for all to see.

I have a list of thank yous, so please bear with me. My apologies if I missed anyone. There was so much to be thankful for this year!

In no particular order:

• Thank you to everyone for their patience with the film crew. I understand they may have been in the way at times, but rest assured that the little project they came here for has turned into something bigger. Kudos to Dan, Beckie and newly appointed Jedi Raiden for their extra patience being followed all day and being extremely accommodating to the crews requests. You represented all of us like we knew you would!
    • Special thanks to Larry, Dave Barkewitz, Dan Reynolds, Bill Reynolds, and Steve for creating our unique universe and story for this year. Larry, I hope you've been able to rest and recuperate after the marathon sessions finishing final preparations.
    • Thank you to the table staff (Mindy, Elaine, Janice and anyone else I missed). I don't know how you manage the crowds that I saw there all day, but you made it work. People walked away full of knowledge of who we are, what we do, and handfuls of raffle tickets! The $1120 we raised has a lot to do with your hard work.
    • Mike Hanes - AWESOME job controlling the flow of the line, taking care of the costumers, grabbing water, and everything you did! Your attention to all of us did not go unnoticed!
    • To everyone - it was a hot day, but not once did I witness any complaints. We pushed through it and agreed that the day flew by. The people were there to see us and we did not disappoint.
    • Thank you to the out of town troops who traveled to be a part of the show. You truly are one of us and we hope you keep coming back
    • Everyone who practiced, built costumes, helped with anything to do with the event - Thank you!!!!
    • Kyle - Thank you for stepping in to be our photographer, fellow costumer, and designer of the flyers we handed out!
    • The X Wing build team - the fans LOVED it!!! The O.M. took great care of it and were exceptional caretakers!

I will close by saying that the North Ridge did something that was long overdue (both during the event and afterward). We had pure FUN! There was a ton of laughs and smiles through the day and into the early hours of the next morning. We stumbled upon something that we've been missing. Let's keep the momentum going!

Next year's show is looking like it will be in July again. Stay tuned...

5. MusicalNeko

MusicalNeko Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2009
    Heck yes! This year was the most FUN I've had at SWN in a really long time - I feel completely reinvigorated, and I'm so happy that everything turned out the way it did this year! Thank you to everyone involved for making it all happen, I think we achieved balance in the force this year!

6. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
  7. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
  8. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    I agree it was a great year but am more then willing to sign a petition or protest/strike so we can get SWN back to original weekend or earlier as it wasted way to much of the summer or people were to busy to make practices or filming. Not to mention waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to HOT and muggy

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  9. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    Unfortunately, this is not our decision to make; the date is essentially dictated to us with very little choice.

BPStoyle likes this.