main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Star Wars Night at PGE Park

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi Gunny, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    I would.... I do't have the liberties to spend a whole lot of money, myself.

- Bill

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Plus, GA allows us to sit anywhere we want. [face_dancing]

3. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Really? Hmm... cool.

- Bill

4. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Yeah, you are allowed to sit anywhere in the upper section with a GA ticket.

5. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    For those who are planning on going to the baseball game, it is this Friday night! Matt (Jedigunship) and I are meeting at the corner of 18th and Morrison, in front of the Face statue, at 6:30pm.

I am sure I will be wearing some sort of Star Wars apparel.

Cloud City Garrison was working on making an appearance there, that night, but that fell through. So, there won't be any costumers there (to my knowledge).

Hope to see folks there!

- Bill

6. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    So how was it?

-Eric

7. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    The game was pretty close, Salt Lake won 1-0, over Portland. There was a pop fly that made its way into the stands (behind where Matt, his parents and myself were sitting). A man ran up there and snagged the ball for his kids. The little girl sitting in front of us started crying saying that she wanted the ball. The mother told her that the man had bought that ball and that the other one had flown onto the roof (or something like that). I had to laugh. What an ingenius way to get the kid to stop crying... even if she had to lie to the poor child.

Afterward those fans who wished to see the movie were invited to go down to the field and watch it on the big screen. They handed out these Cartoon Network Clone Wars Yoda masks that were really designed for the kids. Mine wouldn't really fit on my head. Although, Matt brought his camera and took some pics - I did hold it up to my face for a pic. I think Matt made a joke that I never looked better, hehe.

As we were making our way to the seating area, there was this wild kid running around with one of those collapsible Obi-Wan lightsabers. In full yell, with Yoda mask on, he made a bee-line straight toward me. He made this battle cry as he ran right up to me and "cleaved me in two", at my waist. It was pretty funny, all things considering. Did I know this kid? Not at all. I have no clue who he was. I guess he just sensed the Imperial in me, hehe.

It was a pretty cool experience, though. They didn't use the house sound system, instead they had put a couple of big home entertainment stereo speakers on a couple of tables and pointed toward the crowd sitting on the field. The sound wasn't all that great during the opening crawl, but they got it ironed out by the time the movie was in full swing.

Due to having to catch a bus home, I had to leave a bit early. I think I left right when Luke and Han are bickering about whether they were going to rescue Leia, or not.

It was an amazing experience. I wish more people could have made it.

- Bill

8. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I'll post a couple pictures from the game soon. :)

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I'll post the pictures tomorrow; they're finally on my machine's hard drive.

10. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    [image=http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr61/JediGunship/BillYoda.jpg]

Here it is.

11. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Is that Bill?

12. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    No... it is some other mongrel incognito, as Yoda! :p

-Bill

13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    It's that little kid with the lightsaber! :p

14. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Who's the girl checking out Yoda in the background?

15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Probably some Yoda admirer. :p

16. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Oh you know... one of my many fans! :D

-Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.