main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sth Bend, IN Star Wars Night at the Cove!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by mercsailor, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercsailor

mercsailor Jedi Master star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    That's right! The South Bend Silverhawks are planning a Star Wars night on July 8th. Not only is it Star Wars Night, but it's also their 4th of July fireworks night!

Gates open at 6:30 and the first pitch is at 7:30.

Hoping this will be the first of many more Star Wars nights here in South Bend!

2. TAUNTAUN_WE

TAUNTAUN_WE Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    merc - are you rallying the 501st to troop this event?

Wish I could be there, it would be a lot of fun (the Sioux Falls baseball team is having a Star Wars night in August).

3. mercsailor

Apr 18, 2002
    I am trying to rally the 501st, but there's a parade the next morning and everyone's like.. 2 hours away! =P But trying trying trying, in both Bloodfin and Great Lakes Garrisons.

But! A certain scruffynerfherder should come out.. Just sayin...

4. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    That is the same weekend as the

Fort Wayne Three Rivers Parade,
    and
    the 501-st usually put-s a maximum effort into this.

I have marched in this parade twice with them,
    and
    it is kinda grueling, and so many rest up for it.

thus kinda negating other events that may be close.

5. mercsailor

Apr 18, 2002
    Yeah, a lot of the folks in Fort Wayne are doing both. I'm very grateful for it, but they're a bunch of great guys and girls.

So far, it looks like there will be a good showing from the 501st. Hoping that some of you get to come out for the fun!

6. Scruffynerfherder31

Scruffynerfherder31 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 15, 2010
    I just have to find all the pieces to my Jedi costume. and see what needs to be fixed before I troop. I am interested though. As long as I am not the only one cuz I did that already at Build a Bear for the Star Wars Bears launch and it was a bit uncomfortable.

7. mercsailor

Apr 18, 2002
    As of right now, there's about 10 folks coming out for this, so you definitely won't be alone! I really hope you are able to come out for this and troop with us!

And the rest of you! Enjoy some family Star Wars-y baseball fun!

With Fireworks!!

8. Scruffynerfherder31

Jun 15, 2010
    I have my Jedi Costume out and will need to try and get the wrinkles out. I do have a major problem though, my car overheated two days ago and long story short it needs a whole new engine, along with other things. I can't afford to fix it so I have to find another car. Needless to say, I am strapped for cash. I received a message from someone about possible tickets already purchased, if that is the case, I need one for myself and one for my wife, my daughter is free I think cuz she is under 3. I just wanted to let you know what my situation is at this moment and time. Thanks for your understanding.

9. mercsailor

Apr 18, 2002
    Friday night was a great success! The Cove has decided this is something they'd definitely like to do again on an annual basis, which I think is great news! Lots of kids dressed up!

Was great getting to meet you, Scruffynerfherder31! Hope to get to troop with you again!

Also, great seeing you BDZ!

10. Scruffynerfherder31

Jun 15, 2010
    Thank you. Sorry that I couldn't stay longer. My daughter was really freaked out every time she saw that TIE Pilot. How did the rest of the night go and who won prizes? I wanted to say and win something but you know how that went. I need to update my Jedi costume anyway. It is falling apart at the seams. Thanks for having my family and I out there.

I have another car now, so not so stressed. Looking for a car has given me stomach problems.

11. TAUNTAUN_WE

May 23, 2002
    Good job! I just looked at the pics on the Tribune's web site. Sure wish I coulda been there to help! Glad to hear they are going to make this a regular event.

12. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    Pictures?

hhhhmmmmmmmm..........I wonder if we can ost pictures here [face_whistling]

Ed

ps, Happy Bastille Day to the French :)

13. TAUNTAUN_WE

May 23, 2002
    Here ya go, Ed!

http://www.southbendtribune.com/sbt-photos-star-wars-night-at-the-cove-20110708,0,7909124.photogallery

14. ToneLoc

ToneLoc Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Yeah, I totally missed that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.