main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Star Wars Night at the Diamond

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by amaunet, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    As someone brought it up in another thread, I thought perhaps we should discuss attending as a group, or at least meeting up there.

I am trying to get my HcP members to attend and I know that the 501st has been asked to do something, anyone else interested in attending??

Details: May 27th at the diamond (of course), game time is 7pm, as for more details than that, I do not know them---I know what happened a couple of years ago when they did it, but don't know what the teams intentions are this time.

2. Kmunee

Kmunee Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    Is this some kind of baseball game? I am new so I am entitled to at least three stupid questions per day.[face_laugh]

3. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Yeah, sorry. It is a R. Braves baseball game with (most likely) Star Wars themed activities during it :)

4. SuperShipley

SuperShipley Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    Yes, this is all true - we're still working out details as to what they want the 501st to do, but I'm trying to get as many fans to come out and support both our Richmond Braves, but as well as Star Wars and the 501st.

(also it'll be my 21st birthday - gotta plug that)

I'll post updates when I hear them

5. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Well, with any luck, my RPG group (around 10+wives/sig.others) and I will be attending. We have been planning for a while, since I heard confirmation that they were doing it---a couple of weeks at least.

Hopefully others here will consider going....:hint, hint:

6. Kmunee

Kmunee Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    If I can find it, I will try to be there.

7. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    First, it was not the 501st, but Star Wars costuming groups in the area--I was e-mailed about it. This is becoming a sore point with me, and yes, my husband is a 501st member. Please, if a 501st member is saying they were strictly invited, no, the rep asked for both sides of costumers, and I am getting some from Rebel Legion. Sorry, but last few days since C3.. . But FanForce people, please do come up and talk to any of the costumers about any of the any of the costuming clubs if you're interested. I think the heads are people I know, right? Be glad to dsay hi.
    Pam (JediMistressDragon)

8. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Alas, I shall be gone that day (going home for the long weekend)...Why do I always miss these things :(

9. SuperShipley

SuperShipley Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2005
    Never said it was 501st only, just pointed out that we were contacted, and will be there, and anyone that wants is welcome to as well. But seeing as how you're one of the only RL members in the area, it's pretty much 501st and then anyone else that wants to come along.

10. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Alright, as this topic is getting rather off topic...

THIS IS A STAR WARS EVENT---NEITHER 501st NOR REBEL LEGION EXCLUSIVELY----ALL ARE WELCOME.

Return to discussing if you will be attending, what you know will be going on, etc. and STAY AWAY FROM THE ARGUEMENTS or this too shall be locked.

11. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    To let any FanForce members here know, any with costumes are invited. Just e-mail me at jedimistressdrgn@aol.com that you'll be coming as I need to let Ryan Peters know how many is coming. He had contacted me and I never said it was 501st or any boby, but a costumers' event. I actually let Rebel legion (and yes, so far heard from some R.L. members coing, so guess it is not a 501st event)and Jedi Assembly know and FanForce people I know down in Tidewater way. And since this is Richmond be neat to have Richmond FanForce people. So please, if any one wants, let me know if you do have a costume so i can let the Richmond Braves PR guy know. Thanks.
    Pam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.