main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Night at the Rockies group tickets

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by thejackal327, Jun 21, 2015.

1. thejackal327

thejackal327 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2013
    I'm going to call the ticket office tomorrow to get the scoop on group tickets for the game on the 22nd. Can I get a firm count for the number of people who want to attend? I believe we'll need to have at least ten to qualify as a group. I'll send more details after I call tomorrow.

2. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
  3. thejackal327

Dec 19, 2013
    Here's what I learned from the ticket office. Since this is a theme night, they can't offer us group rates AND get us the promo t-shirts. If we decide that we want to sit together (Jayme and I will also be purchasing the $30 seats), my contact can try to get something together for us. For now, I would say purchase your tickets on your own, and let me know if you'd like to try to sit together.
    If we get 25 or more people in our group, they'll put our name up on the board, pretty fancy pantsy, eh? I'm going to post a link to this conversation on Facebook also, to see what kind of interest we can generate.

AuttyBot likes this.
  4. zeraduel

zeraduel Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 15, 2011
    If you want to sit by someone in particular, it sounds like you'll need to buy tickets together. Bummer, but not a surprise. I'm planning on going for two people and on board with the cheap seats as well.

5. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    Two tickets here for sure.

6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    We just bought our tickets. We're in the infield upper reserve at the $30 level. Section U327, row 17.

AuttyBot likes this.
  7. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
  8. thejackal327

Dec 19, 2013
    Jayme and I will be in section U326, row 20. T-shirts!!!! :)

9. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    How did this go? Did you guys all find eachother? (Who won the game?)

10. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I was unable to make the game, but can tell you the Rockies got rocked. Having thrown a shutout in his previous start, the Rockies starter have up 11 runs in just 2 innings, and they ultimately lost 14-9 for the 2nd night in a row.

I'm curious for attendees, after seeing the pregame festivities, getting your t shirt and Cargo bobblehead, did you stick around long enough to see the "we get tacos" message on the scoreboard?

11. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    We arrived right as the parade was underway so we didn't get to see much of it. I ran into Obi_Wannabe at the Pop Culture Classroom table. We also saw Zoo working hard at the green screen booth. There was a long line for photos with Darth Vader and the Tantative IV backdrop and for two stormtroopers with Dinger. We arrived too late to get the CarGo as Jango Fett bobblehead...buumer. Although the shirts are very cool. They're grey with a purple Vader Tie on the front.

FanForced and I were found by Jackie aka thejackal327 and her new beau Jayme. We wandered around when it was starting to look bad in the 3rd inning. We were checking out the Terrace and those areas when the Mets started to pull away. We saw the Pop Culture Classroom area that was behind center field, played there for a while and got a sketch of Elsa from Jay Peteranetz who did the art for the DCC badges. Cool guy.

We wandered back to our seats right when the Rockies got 7 runs. The best part of the game...was eating peanuts and hanging with Jayme and Jackie. Alas, we had our fill of fun after the 7th inning stretch and left shortly thereafter. And, no diarrhea-inducing discounted tacos for me, thanks.

he-guy likes this.