main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Star Wars Night with the Newark Bears

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by LadySith, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    The Director Of Fan Development for the Newark bears contacted us regarding having a Star Wars theme night at the baseball park this Spring to coincide with the movie release. As a result, I have a meeting with him Monday Night (A week from today) at 5:30 pm in Newark to discuss the possibilities of what seems to be a fun filled, large event.

As he informed me he also contacted NJO and Long Island to participate, I
    I asked about the possibility of having a rep from these or other organizations join me at the meeting-he readily agreed. On the phone, we lightly touched on the idea of bringing a celebrity guest in for the evening.

This seems like a great opportunity for an event along the lines of IMAX and I hope I did not overstep my boundries when I told him our groups would be happy to work together to make this the best event it can possibly be.

I would like to prepare an outline to bring with me with ideas to make the night memorable. Between now and Saturday, if anyone has any ideas, suggestions, etc please post them here or email them to me and I can compile a wish list. While I don't expect to be allowed to do everything we all come up with, I am sure we can come up with a kick butt game plan.
    :D

Thanks! :D

2. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    Ah... Just my luck... I'd love to go, but Monday isn't good for me. I have classes until 6. :(

3. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004
    Um... I totaly misinterpreted your post at first... I must be loosing it or something... :oops:

I guess I could go, but if it winds up being on the day the movie is released then I'd rather see the movie than go to a ball game. But, if it's on a different day it shouldn't be a problem for me.

4. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    This event sounds like fun. I'm in.
    Ofcourse if there is a Star Wars celebrity guest, he or she will have to throw out the ceremonial first pitch.
    If we all came in costume wouldnt it be hilaroius to see the costumed characters on the field, maybe before the game batting and wearing baseball gloves throwing the ball around. The Empire would be good at stealing bases - rebel bases that is.
    I know the Emperor has a mean curve ball. --Billy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.