main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars not a battle between good and evil

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by byrdnest, Aug 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedimancer

Jedimancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 16, 2004
    Well, personally I would consider SW a "good vs. evil." Yeah, it's complex, but so what? Since when are "good vs. evil" stories too simplistic. LOTR is "good vs. evil" but definitely not simplistic. Anyways, my point is that you can have a complex story that is still "good vs. evil"-themed. I think SW is one of those.

2. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    The Empire is pure Evil...The Republic only became corrupt when the people and govt became complacent and content with the way things worked... The Jedi did keep the peace by fixing border disputes and the such...

And the Jedi are never corrupted, their vision is clouded by the Sith

The Jedi seem to live by what Padme said in the AOTC novel...The ideals are strong, Count, even if the institution is failing! (paraphrased) this doesnt make the Jedi corrupt since they still keep with their goal of protecting the Republic

And the corruption card was played a lot by Palpatine in TPM, it worked to his advantage

3. Jade87

Jade87 Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2004
    I think God vs evil are god stories comperd to others,
    if god vinns that is!

4. Jade87

Jade87 Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2004
    And jedis can fall to the dark side, but many say that they cant com back, byt they can if one trys hard you know.

5. byrdnest

byrdnest Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2001
    i still think it is about power. yes there are several archetypal themes running thru out the series. but when you look at these themes they come down to use of power. take mechanical vs. nature. nature wins out without the use of power while mechanical is all about the use of power.

6. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    EVIL spelt backwards is LIVE, and we all want to do that, dont we? - MOK, from " Rock and Rule ".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.