star wars (not) at the imax!!!!!

Discussion in 'San Antonio, TX' started by gatodama, Oct 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gatodama LFL Artist

VIP
    star 3
    hello there,
    i don't know if any of you are awhere of the fact that the rivercenter imax is not (at this moment) planning to show episode 2. they are concerned about the draw, or lack ther of one, for apollo 13. this is the most rediculas comparison i have heard of.

folk it is crunch time. the marketing director has stated to me that it is not of the table but it doesn't look good. it is low on the priority list.

i would like to see it multiple times but, that won't happen if it is only in dallas or galveston.
    so i beg of you please call the rivercenter imax(225-4629 selection #6) and demand they pick up star wars.

thanks.
  2. ObiJuan70 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I know that one of our members has been in touch with someone there at IMAX RC but this would definitely be good to appeal to them more about Clones here . . .

I like you am VERY disappointed about the outcome at this time because I know that even people from other parts of Texas would rather see it here than in Dallas or Galveston.

There may be a chance that it will be played after the DVD hits the stores but we can hope that our voices will be heard before then . . .

Take Care Friend and thank you for posting...

John
    CT-7012
  3. gatodama LFL Artist

VIP
    star 3
    this is what i am talking about. let our voices be heard. tell them that people would rather come here than dallas or galveston. let them know that the audiance is strong in number and that they won't be disapoionted in the turnout. not to mention the potencial for our city to get on the map. it is a great tool for getting people to san antonio.

again, i emplore you,please call them and let them know how you feel. i just have to hope that we can change there mind before it's to late.

they were real receptive to my call and to my imput. they were really concered about sustaining an audiance for seven weeks. tell anyone from other cities to call and let thier voices be heard as well. get those e-mails going, spred the word. lets go people. we can make this happen. we are our only hope.
  4. ObiJuan70 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I did indeed call today to voice my request for the movie and will be talking to the General Manager this coming week and I am currently working on a page on our website that will direct people to this thread to voice their requests as well. Also, I will be in touch with some people at Lucasfilm as well to see what can be done to bring Clones here to the River City . . .

Keep on posting people !!!

John
  5. gatodama LFL Artist

VIP
    star 3
    the marketing directors name is art youngworth. his direct number is (210) 247-4613. he is still very receptive to our imput. and he has also stated that the request he is getting are affecting his decision.
    let him know that the audiance is here and there are enough people to sustain a 7 week run. hell, half of them will probably be the same people over and over again. but he still gets his full house anyway.
    lets get those phones ringing. be sure to let them know what a huge opportunity they and the city, as well as us, will miss out on. this film is destined to make millions at the imax alone. to my knowledge i don't know if that has happened before.

begun this clone campaign has.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.