main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Novelizations and Literature

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Jetmaster_K, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jetmaster_K

Jetmaster_K Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Hi Newbies and Masters alike

Having always been a huge fan of the movies, I now want to continue my exploration of the Star Wars universe by reading some the myraid of Star Wars books available. Problem is, I've gone to the timeline section on the website and I'm still a bit in the dark. I have no clue where to start.........is there such a thing as a central thread or storyline that I can follow from waaaay back before ANH to several generations after? Some of my friends have suggested that I start with Timothy Zahn's books which apparently take place just after Return of the Jedi(right/wrong?). I've read some of his other books and he is a great author. There just seem to be so many books available.......I'll read them all if I have to but it would nice to know which are the key books to the Jedi/Sith evolution, if there is such a thing. So, any pointers, recommendations or suggestions would be a great help.

Cheers from the latest Newbie

2. Darien_SabreHawkke

Darien_SabreHawkke Jedi Youngling star 3

May 29, 2005
    the litrature thread in the EU section probably has some folks that can direct you on this one

Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed.
    [face_skull] [face_skull] [face_skull] [face_skull] [face_skull] [face_skull] [face_skull] [face_skull] [face_skull] [face_skull]

3. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
  4. Jetmaster_K

Jetmaster_K Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Hey, Thanks RebelScum

That link pretty much answers all my questions. I guess my fantasy/sci-fi collection is about to get a whole lot bigger!!!

Cheers

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Glad to hear that all your questions are answered now. :) But I still want to tell you about the timeline you can find on the main page of TFN. Maybe it helps you a bit, too. :)

Enjoy your stay and see you around. :)

6. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    Welcome Jetmaster_K.

7. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Yeah, read the Zahn trilogy, which takes place about 5 years after ROTJ. The Literature forum is great too. Also, if you want someone to show you the ins and outs of the Expanded Universe, you might want to look into getting your own oldbie in the Newbie Adoptions thread to show you around :)

Welcome to the boards! It's great to have you here :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.