Star Wars Novels.........

Discussion in 'Salt Lake City, UT' started by Jowebee17, Dec 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    I think I'll do the same. I'll breeze through the first book and catch up with you Jowebee. I haven't read any one of prequel books yet. It will be nice to be on track with someone else instead of just bouncing around.
  2. Jowebee17 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well just so you know..I am not a fast reader. I usually only read 20 pages per day or so.
  3. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    You are also a whole book ahead of me :p
    That and I'm only doing about one novel a month right now...
  4. Jowebee17 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Not really Ondiv. You have read the entire New Jedi Order series plus various other books along the way.

You are far, far ahead of me.
  5. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    But you have to start someplace and it usually makes more sense if you start at the beginning.

If you'd like to borrow any of the books Jowebee, I have all of the Prequal ones and most of the others. I just ask that you don't bite them and try to return them in a timely fashion.
  6. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    well, I like to read...what can I say.
    I have been reading slower lately because I've been so busy with work and such, I'm not even half way through The Unifying Force (ever time I say that or type it I want to put in symbol crashes or something...light thunder)! In addition I have been reading a lot of research books for something else so my "pleasure" reading has declined quite a bit.
    I might run out to B&N tomorrow after school and pick up the prequel books that I don't have yet.
  7. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well I finally finished Refugee. Very very good, I want to have a book discussion thread. There are soooo many things I need to ask about these books and I'd love to hear others viewpoints on them as well.
  8. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm about to start the prequel book Rogue Planet. I was told that it is a good read to set up the NJO...I shall get back to you all about that :)
  9. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    So I have no one to discuss refugee with? :_|
  10. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll discuss it with you.....I've read it :)
  11. Keimar_Venoso Jedi Knight

star 1
    Rogue Planet does set up quite a few things. I won't post any spoilers here, but you do get a bit more background on Anakin's anger and independent nature. I think you'll enjoy it. If you want to discuss it I'd love to join in. The "rogue planet" does come into play later in the Star Wars timeline, although I'll keep this post "spoiler-free" by not saying when.
  12. Jowebee17 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I am about half way through "Darth Maul : Shadow Hunter"....B R U T A L !!!!!!

Thats all I can say thus far.

13. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I finished the last of the Force Heretic books. Oh my, good. Now I've started reading Final Prophecy. Well I can't sleep right now and reading doesn't help cause then I'll read all night long so yeah, not a good idea for me. ;)
  14. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    Jowebee, what do you mean by brutal? Is the book good? I've been wondering if the Darth Maul books give any good backround on the character...

Mary let me know how you like Prophesy...I liked it ok but it bothered me a little on who the book was mostly focused on (you'll figure it out real quick).

I'm about a quarter through Rogue Planet: It's starting to get good. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this here yet...but I really didn't like the beginning. My dad reads the last chapter first and if he likes it then he'll read the book. I'm the opposite; If the first chapter really doesn't grab me then it is hard for me to finish a book. One thing that really botherd me was that the first chapter was like, 6 or 7 pages long....and all the others have been half that.
  15. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, it's weird when the chapters are a few pages, or even a page long.

The Maul book really goes into some figthing with Maul. But I do suggest reading it. Really good. :D
  16. Jowebee17 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ondiv,

There is not a whole lot of background on Maul, perhaps a paragraph or two. It does however give a much better look at him, and what he can do.

By "Brutal" I meant that is how the action is. Maul is very devastating. There is a lot of fighting and a lot of force use.

Great thus far...
  17. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    I know this is just a little off subject, but frio_carr sent this to me and I just had to post it :)

Star Wars Books
  18. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    funny story with that. I went and bought a tone of SW books onetime at Media Play. The guy at the counter started to discuss the books with me and stuff, rather funny. He said he didn't know many girls that like Star Wars. Yes, this was back before the days of the fanforce too. :(
  19. Amber_eyes Jedi Master

star 4
    I read Rogue Planet & had trouble at the beginning too. I kept asking myself, "How old is Anikin?"
    But once the story got going I thought it was really good.
  20. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm about half way through Rogue Plant now...
    I'm enjoying it, but how the author has written Anakin I don't agree with....it doesn't mesh with the idea of the character as I would do it. But who am I...just the lowly reader ;)
  21. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I got Timothy Zahns book. I'm reading that before i finish the other one.

It's pretty good, it's not like the others. Or it could be that I haven't read them in so long that I'm forgetting his style.
  22. SkalenFehl Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, I have read the Jedi Academy trilogy and have read the NJO all the way through. I thought it was really cool to read Hurn! For those who have no clue, I won't give anything away, lol.

I want to read Tomothy Zahn's new book, "Fool's Bargain", about the 501st legion! Can you believe he is incorporating us in his book!? Too cool!

http://www.randomhouse.com/delrey/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=0345470907

Check out this cool line:

"Of course, the Warlord wasn't stupid either. He would certainly have rigged as strong a set of defenses in those tunnels as he could manage, including mines, boobytraps, and as many blaster and Lakran mercenaries as he could squeeze in. But this was the 501st Legion, the legendary "Vader's Fist". They'd handled worse in their long history. They would handle this, too."
  23. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Zahns new book. Survivors Quest also makes a good mention of the 501st. I was amazed to see it in there.
  24. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I was at Borders the other day, filling out an application (I'm up here to work), and started reading through it. I'm really excited for the new one. Personally, I hated the Jedi Academy trilogy. Not because of the premise, just the writing style, mostly.
  25. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I didn't care too much for the Jedi Academy either. Could be the same reason.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.