main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Novels.........

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Jowebee17, Dec 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Was it because of the screaming people, the lame humor, the really obnoxious metaphors, the superbabies and whiny main characters, the really obnoxious darksider who later has the hots for Jaina in the NJO?

2. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I think you've hit it on the nose. :D Course the whole thing about the super weapons gets old, really fast.

3. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I took a look at the new Zahn book, it looks really good, I'm really excited to read it :)

4. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Finished the book. Good I must say. The ending is like a normal Zahn book, but still not a book to read before going to bed.

5. Jowebee17

Jowebee17 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    Just finished Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter. Decent book, mostly all action I thought. There was a nice surprise in the copy I have. At the end is the short book, Darth Maul: Saboteur, which was previously just an E:Book. Only problem was this short book actually takes place chronologically before "Cloak of Deception" or so I have been told. I know it takes place before "Darth Maul: Shadow hunter".

So in a way the copy of the book I bought had 2 books in reality. Anyway good reads....next up....Rogue Planet !

6. Jedi_Angell

Jedi_Angell Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 23, 2004
    Who's read Survivor's Quest? I figured out who was sabatoging everything pretty early on, but didn't figure out who they really were.

For me the best part had to be Luke's theory that because Anakin brought Balance to the Force, that the Jedi could now live the Code in a higher way, which is of course why Jedi in the NJO can marry.

Thoughts? Feelings? Anyone?

7. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    Jowebee, I just finished reading Rogue Planet (see my review in the thread, Book Discussion). How far are you into it? Are you enjoying it?

Angell, I haven't read Survivor's Guest yet. I'm debating on whether I'm going to read The Approaching Storm or Survivor's Guest next. I'm kinda trying to blow through the PT books first, then I was going to finish up the NJO. But then Zahn had to drop a new book in my lap...the devil!!!! I have it, and I look at it all the time...I'm a huge Mara fan but part of me wants to stick to my guns and follow through with my reading schedule.

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I missed so much of the NJO and now am pretty much broke because my family needs my paychecks, so I really want to read SQ, but can't buy it. ::Sigh::

9. Pounce

Pounce Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    HELP ME!!!! I'M READING FANTASY!!!

Shoot me now and get it over with.

*waits*

10. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    But we love you Amy and would never shoot you. So what are you reading?

11. Pounce

Sep 24, 2002
    I'll give you three guesses. :/

12. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Runelords? ;)

Once I finish the other 3 Star Wars books and the 5 Ender books then I'll get to those. :D

13. Pounce

Sep 24, 2002
    Whoa...you're good...

14. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    DarthIshtar, if you want to borrow my copy you can. I'm not opposed to lending out books. Are you going to be able to make it to this months meeting? I can bring it with me :)

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I don't know if I'll be able to come to activity this month. My mom's in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and their Orange County Tour is 2 days after activity and she'll be going nuts, so hopefully, she'll give me a night off from mnemonic devices, reciting her music, etc.

16. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    That is so awesome that your mom is in the Mo-Tab!!
    I've had some friends whos moms were also in the Mo-Tab...oddly enough I've never known any dads in it...

17. Pounce

Sep 24, 2002
    I'd like to sing in the Mo-Tab! But I'm tone deaf. :/

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    We both had the dream to sing in the MoTab and I told my mom that the only way I'd ever live in utah was if we had to move there for Motab. (We've been happily ensconced in Boston for 13 years and never wanted to leave) So she calls me up at christmas on my mission and tells me she's auditioning, 3 months later, she calls a friend in the mission to deliver the message that we're moving to utah, then moves while I'm still on my mission.

19. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    It's always fun when people move on missions.

20. Pounce

Sep 24, 2002
    I saw a movie like that once...

Wow...I LOVE Boston! What a cool place to have lived.

Anyway, back on topic, DM Shadow Hunter...is that the one that ends in the storage facility with a big explosion?

If I remember correctly I really liked that one.

There was another one that was very very technical with great big long words in it...I never got past the first two chapters...can't remember what it was called though...I got the impression the author was trying to impress the world with his vocabulary and I got tired of flipping through my dictionary every other sentence.

:/

*ponders

21. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I hate the books where I have to read them with dictionaries. Cause then I'm no longer interested, sure it could make me smarter but then I can't have that blank look on my face when people start talking about things I don't know. :D

22. Pounce

Sep 24, 2002
    I don't mind it so much if it's like once every three or four pages but any more than that and it gets annoying. I like the way Dave Wolverton takes time to explain any fancy words he may use as he writes. He makes it easy on my wee lil brain.

23. Jedi_Angell

Jedi_Angell Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 23, 2004
    I just make up my own meaning for words if I don't understand. I'm to lazy to go look for a dictionary.

24. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    [face_laugh] Thats the same thing I do Angell!!

25. Pounce

Sep 24, 2002
    I just make up my own words.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.