main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Star Wars NYC logo

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by LadySith, May 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    MysterySith and I are trying to come up with a logo. So we need suggestions!!! Please send them to fettsgal@aol.com. A few guidlines..

The logo would be going on teeshirts as well as the site so it should be simple and capture the spirit of NYC with a SW flavor. It cant be too SW or else we will be sued :)

For the record my idea was a rat with a SW tee shirt on standing in front of the Ziegfeld or under a movie Marquis.

I look forward to hearing from all our talented and imaginative members. Once all submissions are collected they will be posted and voted on. Thanks!

2. Otter

Otter Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    Statue of Liberty holding aloft an ignited lightsaber? Too cliche? You gotta remember I'm a foreigner so that works for me!

3. Otter

Otter Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    Vader climbing the Empire State Building, swatting at X-wings?

4. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    Watto, wearing sunglasses and black trenchcoat. He is hovering outside of the Ziegfeld, holding open one side of his coat to reveal lightsabers for sale.

Caption:

"Hey! You wanna lightsabah? We got red, blue, green, whatevah you like. Ten dollas."

Words on back of shirt:
    "HEY! Whaddaya think you ah, some kinda #$%@#@$@% Jedi?"

The rest of the back is the Coruscant skyline with some NY landmarks thrown in. Finally we have the Episode II line logo (some play on the title when we find out what that is), with the words "The Fawce is With Us" underneath.

5. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    that sounds good except for the Fawce part. dunnoe why but i don't like that part..... ?[face_plain]

6. BobaPhil

BobaPhil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    I'm still working on a logo, but the tagline should be:

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany.

7. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    BobaPhil, sounds like a fun idea, considering many of I am sure say that when we enter certain areas of NYC.

8. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    Funny this should be mentioned. Just yesterday I took the pic of the NYC Fanforce group from TFN and I messed around with it by taking out some of the background buildings and adding the Jedi temple from Coruscant and the Falcon flying overhead. The caption I put across the bottom was "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany".

If you want MysterySith I can email it to you and you can post it?

Anyway, the back of the logo/shirt should definately use that quote.

9. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    Darth Venom send it on over, or you can even post it here if you have it on your web page, just used the mark up codes.

10. jandimin

jandimin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 23, 2000
    i definitely agree about using that quote.

11. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    All great suggestions...I do know from experience that we must be careful when using images from the film as well as exact quotes. Most silk screen artists will not infringe on copyright because they can get in trouble...just something to keep in mind :)

12. badassjedi

badassjedi Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2001
    How about Anakin on a stump jumper with a huge chain and padlock across his chest wearing a manhattan portage bag?
    =P
    BAJ

13. Lieutenant Piett

Lieutenant Piett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 1999
    Hmmmm . . .

Dunno about your 'rat' idea, LadySith -- do we really want to identify ourselves with . . . rats? Naw; it has to be more typically NYC-iconic than that . . .

To expand on Otter's idea: the Statue of Liberty, in Jedi robes, holding aloft a lit lightsaber.

Also: a pun to be named later, crossing "The Empire State" with The Empire Strikes Back . . . . go figure!

**Piett**

14. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    The Statue of Liberty with saber aloft is the NY line's logo. So that idea is already taken. I 'think' we could get away with the skyline outline with the DeathStar over it, another suggestion is a yellow cab on Broadway & 42nd with Star Wars on the side.

15. TorynFarr

TorynFarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 27, 2000
    I like the idea of the statue of liberty in jedi robes w/ a lightsaber. underneath it could say something like "The Empire State Strikes"

16. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    The Statue of Liberty is a great idea....so much so that logo was taken by the great minds who organize the lines in NYC for the movies :)

Our logo has to be original....and our quote if we have one, has to be different from any actual spoken line in the movie. "The most wretched hive of scum and villany" Now THAT we can get away with :)

17. MysterySith

Nov 17, 2000
    [image=http://users.rcn.com/rancid/images/sl3sm.gif]

The Logo from www.nyline2002 The official NY Line Site!

18. LadySith

Dec 5, 2000
    The suggestion was made of a metrocard with the lettering SWNY in the little circle and fanforce where the metrocard lettering goes. I thouhgt that was a great idea then a few people pointed out that while we in this area know what a metrocard looks like many others from out of the area may not. :[face_sigh]: Like Wile E. Cayote says ....
    "well back to the old drawing board!"

19. Phero

Phero Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2001
    Edit: Here comes a ban!

20. jandimin

Nov 23, 2000
    how about yoda dressed as the statue of liberty, or a bright yellow x-wing as a taxi cab?

21. TorynFarr

TorynFarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 27, 2000
    a yellow x-wing flying down the streets of manhattan might b cool...

22. jandimin

Nov 23, 2000
    or some recognizable sw character driving a cab with the writing on the side of the cab as in the above stated metro card....

23. Lieutenant Piett

Lieutenant Piett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 1999
    How 'bout a cab-as-podracer, zooming down one of the Avenues or thru Times Square -- some setting with iconic NYC architecture...

...or two oncoming subway cars with Imperial / Rebel logos in place of the usual number/letter designations...

...or a legion of Stormtroopers coming over the Brooklyn Bridge...

Beer makes you think.

24. Shoeless Jedi

Shoeless Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2000
    How bout a Stormtrooper stopping traffic? It may not have that distinct NY iconic feel, but New York is the only city in the world where I've ever been where I've actually seen a Stormtrooper stop traffic....twice! Eh, just my two cents, I'm not creative, but definitely like the scum and villainy line somewhere in there.

25. jandimin

Nov 23, 2000
    lol piett

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.