1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:QLD Star Wars on DVD: The Changes... (some may consider this Spoilerific)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by NeecH, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCD Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh] => at MS's spoiler coverup
  2. Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Master

star 4
    I wasnt paying attention at what i was writing!!!

sorry to anyone who read that and was spoiler-free
  3. -luigi- Jedi Master

star 4
    That bloody Greedo scen pisses me off so much, it's firetrucking stupid.

It actually reminds of the scene in 'The Man Who Knew Too Little', "What have I done? I missed you, from 3 feet I missed." :p
  4. Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Master

star 4
    If a blaster bolt came that close to han, his face would melt!!!
  5. Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Master

star 4
    and the wall behind han is apprently blaster and burn proof.
  6. -luigi- Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm assuming they'll add the burn mark later, it is a work in progress.

What really urks me about that scene that it's obviously not a case of "We didn't have the money/technology to do it at the time" which was Lucas's excuse for the Special Editions, it's more of a case of "I've got a bunch of kids now and I've turned into a pussy".
  7. Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Master

star 4
    Speilberg is turning pussy too with that Guns to Walkie Talkies thing he did in ET. Its like the episode of south park where he replaces all the guns in saving private ryan with walkie talkies.
  8. NeecH Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd like to see Lord of the Rings where all the swords have been replaced by flowers.
  9. -luigi- Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd like to see all of Blue Streak with Martin Lawrence replaced by a big penis.
  10. NeecH Force Ghost

star 4
    You want to see a big penis instead of the movie or Martin Lawrence?

Waitaminit...!?!! You want to see a big penis!!??! :eek:
  11. Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Master

star 4
    I want to see the whole cast of A Beautiful Mind replaced with the cast of Crank Yankers .

And I'd like to see Sesame Street with a puppet who is actually a crack pipe.
  12. -luigi- Jedi Master

star 4
    I was making an aside to Martin Lawrence being a big penis. (penis sounds so bad, why oh why can't I swear?)

I'll probably get in trouble for saying penis anyway :(
  13. Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Master

star 4
  14. CCD Jedi Master

star 4
    Now they're not even trying. What's with Yoda's wonky eye on ROTJ?? :eek:
  15. GoobaFish Jedi Master

star 4
    I only associate wonky eyes and Yoda in Episode V. :p

I think I'll have to wait until I see them in my hands. Um, anyone with them on video able to say if they look like them or not?
  16. -luigi- Jedi Master

star 4
    Have you guys even seen the movies?
  17. GoobaFish Jedi Master

star 4
    I know he has a wonky eye in one of them.. wasn't it Empire? Or was it ROTJ? [face_worried]
  18. NeecH Force Ghost

star 4
    Who gives a crap you goddamn anally aggressive fanboys! George Lucas and Lucasfilm obviously know what we as fans want and expect from them! :p
  19. CCD Jedi Master

star 4
    You mean endless releases of various formats and versions with steadily crappier cover art? :p
  20. NeecH Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't get why they don't just use the wealth of awesome paintings that have been used of previous releases. It worked for the Indy DVD set.
  21. -luigi- Jedi Master

star 4
    I have no problem with the new coverart
  22. NeecH Force Ghost

star 4
    You have no problem with it!?! :eek:

...and you call yourself a Fanboy! We as Fanboy geeks must bitch about everything that George Lucas, Paul Anderson and Steven Spielberg do and then praise Peter Jackson, Bryan Singer and Sam Raimi's every move.

Man, I need to stop going to AICN!!!
  23. -luigi- Jedi Master

star 4
    The Brain Dead movies suck
    Dark Man wasn't that good
    and Bryan Singer can't act :p
  24. Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Master

star 4
    This is also off Millenium Falcon.com

"Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back and Episode VI: Return of the Jedi will be available in a four-disc set that includes a bonus disc filled with all-new special features ? including the most comprehensive feature-length documentary ever produced about the Star Wars saga and never-before-seen footage from the making of all three films. Each of the three films in the STAR WARS TRILOGY include the new extended editions that have been digitally restored and re-mastered by THX for superior sound and picture quality.

Star Wars - Episode IV: A New Hope
    Part IV in a George Lucas epic, Star Wars: A New Hope opens with a rebel ship being boarded by the tyrannical Darth Vader. The plot then follows the life of a simple farmboy, Luke Skywalker, as he and his newly met allies (Han Solo, Chewbacca, Ben Kenobi, C-3PO, R2-D2) attempt to rescue a rebel leader, Princess Leia, from the clutches of the Empire. The conclusion is culminated as the Rebels, including Skywalker and flying ace Wedge Antilles make an attack on the Empires most powerful and ominous weapon, the Death Star.

Star Wars - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
    In George Lucas' spellbinding Star Wars sequel, the battle to save the galaxy from the evil Darth Vader rages on. Han Solo (Harrison Ford), Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher) and Chewbacca are tested in a devastating attack by the Imperial army and it' AT-AT Walkers. Meanwhile, Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) seeks out the ancient Yoda to learn the secrets of the Jedi... secrets Luke will need when the Dark Side of the Force beckons him in a destiny-defining duel with Darth Vader.

Star Wars - Episode VI: The Return Of The Jedi
    As the Emperor himself oversees the construction of the new Death Star by Lord Darth Vader and the evil Galactic Empire, smuggler Han Solo is rescued from the clutches of the vile gangster Jabba the Hutt by his friends, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Chewbacca. Leaving Skywalker Jedi training with Yoda, Solo returns to the Rebel Fleet to prepare for to complete his battle with the Empire itself. During the ensuing fighting the newly returned Skywalker is captured by Vader. Can the Rebels, and their new found friends, the Ewoks, help restore freedom to the Galaxy?

Special Features:

Extended version of each film
    THX Remastered
    A New Hope: Audio Commentary by George Lucas, sound designer Ben Burtt, ILM's Dennis Muren and actress Carrie Fisher
    Empire: Audio Commentary by George Lucas, director Irvin Kershner, Lawrence Kasdan, Ben Burtt, Dennis Muren and Carrie Fisher
    Jedi: Audio commentary by George Lucas, Lawrence Kasdan, Ben Burtt, Dennis Muren and Carrie Fisher
    DVD-Rom Features
    Trailers
    TV Spots
    Empire of Dreams: The Story of the Star Wars Trilogy
    Episode III Behind The Scenes Preview: The Return of Darth Vader
    Featurette: The Birth of The Lightsaber
    Featurette: The Characters of Star Wars
    The Force Is With Them: The Legacy of Star Wars
    Star Wars: Battlefront Trailer and Playable Demo
    Star Wars: Episode III Making the Game Preview
    Never-Before-Seen Production Gallery
    Posters and Print Campaigns"
  25. Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Master

star 4
    Hopefully, this "extended edition"(if this is actually true) wont be just a second or two worth of a new CG shots. I want to see the Biggs/Luke scene in ANH, The deleted Yoda/Luke scenes in ESB and the Sandstorm scene in ROTJ.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.