main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars on DVD

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, Feb 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Well, it's official and you can read all about it at www.starwars.com. It's going to be a set similar to the Indy set and will be released Sept. 21. This is my take on it, although we don't have final specs on it and I might be making assumptions. With what I'm hearing I'm betting there will be a super deluxe version a few years from now.
    If you have seen the Indy set, you will have some idea of what to look forward to. While all extras are on the fourth disc, that disc is really comprehensive and I learned tons about those movies from the documentaries and featurettes. Although I was disapointed the set isn't two discs per film. Is there enough material out there for two discs a film. I'm sure there is, but I'm guessing Lucasfilm felt a need to get this out before Episode III comes out.
    Unlike the Indy set, from what Lucasfilm officials are saying in other articles, this set will feature commentary tracks, with Lucas participating. There isn't much else we really know at this point and its possible some extras may be on the movie discs as well.
    As to whether this set is the special edition released in 97 or something newer is also not yet known. My take on those complaining they aren't the pre-special edition, I'm going to go out on a limb and say get over it. You aren't getting them on DVD and no amount of whining will change that.
    It's been a long wait so start saving those pennies. Put two bucks in a box every week and in 7 months take that box to the store.

2. Marvincade

Marvincade Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2003
    Yea, I just read an article on this very subject. In it there was a mention of restoration, cleaning etc of each film. I was under the impression that had already been done in the late 90's. Also not that it matters for collectors but it also said it was to be sold only as a box set, definitely not individually. It will be interesting to see if the same menu treatment will be done for the originals as seen in the newer films.

3. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    I'd be willig to bet that there will be similar menus. LFL seems to like to keep things like that consistant.

I'm also sure this is an "interim" release until after Episode III, then will get the "extreme-uber-super-duper-deluxe-amazing-new-and-improved-tweaked-version...

Just remember folks....

HAN SHOT FIRST!!!

Doug

4. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    I would hope there set up just like the prequel DVD films because they were done beautifully as DVD releases. The two disc for each is great and I'm glad there were deleted scenes for each and bloopers. I'm hoping we'll see the same for the originals along with commentary...if we didn't get at least these three things I'd be disappointed...they should have good menus to. The Indy DVD's in my opinion weren't as great as they could have been and I expect a lot more for Star Wars on DVD! Here's hoping.

5. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    After reading about what's supposedly on the 4th disc, I'm way more stoked than before! The commentary tracks sound like they'll be pretty enlightening as well. Can't wait to hear what Kasdan and Kershner (is that how you spell it?) have to say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.