main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Star Wars on DVD

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SimplyThrilledHoney, Feb 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    roll on Septmber.

I should add that this will be the 3rd time I've bought an original trilogy boxed set. Once in '95 when the cleaned up versions came out, again when the Special Editions came out, and now this.

Without wanting to sound too cynical, what do you think the odds will be of there being _another_ boxed set coming out after Episode III, with all six films. Arrrrgh.

2. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    The number of boxed sets I have is scary...

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    There are big talks (especially on chud.com's boards) that the rumoured "archival editions" will come out as part of an all-encompassing set in 2007 (30th anniversary of Star Wars). This edition may even have the original non-SE versions as a bonus.

I'll still be buying the SE DVDs in September.

I have the OT (original versions) on widescreen VHS, plus the SE box set. So this'll make three versions for me, too.

4. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    number 6 for me.

5. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Number 3 for me. Although I haven't had a VCR in years, so finally I'll be able to watch the OT!

6. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    So, do you think seven months is enough time to organise a FFNZ meetup for a DVD viewing party on the NZ release date?

:p

7. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    > So, do you think seven months is enough time to organise a FFNZ meetup for a DVD viewing party on the NZ release date?

Based on two prior experiences attempting to organise meet-ups, I'd have to say "no".

8. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    third for me to..... you can see why Mr.Lucas is such a rich man!

9. cyber_tim64

cyber_tim64 Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2003
    Ok what id like to know is weather this will be the Ultime (the edition which will be severy changed an added to with new scenes and effects) or just the 1997 special editions.

10. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Just the Special Editions.

11. Mr_Deflok

Mr_Deflok Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2003
    I'm glad that it'll be out before Ep3, that way us geeks can do a marathon of all six films (15 hours).

12. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I wonder if Whitcoulls will stay open until midnight to sell it ... I seem to recall that they've done that with other big DVD releases.

13. -Winter-

-Winter- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    If they did it with the Indy set (did they?) they probably will for this. [fae_happy]

14. Mr_Deflok

Mr_Deflok Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2003
    That reminds me! I have still yet to watch the special features on the Indy set!

15. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    I know this sounds terrible but i dont own any of the original trilogy all i have is what i taped off the tv 3 playings and esb and rotj origanal off tv2 i own ep2 on proper tape.

Ive been getting into dvds heaps and the trilogy box set will be a must have as im tyred of having to fast forward throught the ads

16. SW-SG-1FanNZ

SW-SG-1FanNZ Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2004
    I am soooo lookin forward for the orginal trilogy on dvd, apperently there is an Episode III preview on it.

17. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    There is was an episode II preview on my widescreen VHS editions of the OT. There's quite a bit about the puppet Threepio, and hints about the scene where he gets his coverings - which ended up being chopped from the film, lol.

And speaking of the DVDs ... the box art was displayed on Hyperspace the other day.
    It uses some of the original ANH poster art, the same type that decorated the 4-disk soundtrack anthology box set - (except on the dvds, its in silver or gold, not colour, like the first SE VHS release)

[image=http://cargobay.starwars.com/audio/soundtracks/saga/d_stk_sag_65.jpg]

I can't say I recall Leia looking exactly like that in ANH ;) Or Luke, or that matter.

18. SW-SG-1FanNZ

SW-SG-1FanNZ Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2004
    lol, who cares if they don't look the same, at least they're coming out on dvd, that is the main thing, all of us fans have waited a long time for them to come out on dvd.

19. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    It's not just that she doesn't look the same ... its the way in which she doesn't look the same, if you get my drift ... ah n/m, they'll no doubt be releasing a new DVD set every few years anyway.

20. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    That image is "the" classic Star Wars movie poster shot from 1977, and I'm glad they're reusing that (and a similarly distorted Macquarrie Vader design as the basis of the artwork. :D

All class.

21. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Free to all now.

[image=http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/news/2004/03/img/20040322_1_bg.jpg]

:D

22. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Smooth.

'nuff said.

23. -Winter-

-Winter- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Didn't they use differen models to paint the bodies then paste Luke and Leia's heads on it? I read that somewhere.

But hey, the actual box set art isn't that bad at all. :) 8-}

24. Mr_Burns

Mr_Burns Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 12, 2001
    Probably. I've had that poster for several years now, and there's no way that's them. Hell, even Artoo and Threepio appear to have body doubles...

Oh, #4 set for me.

25. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    JP said ....
    > Free to all now.

Ahh yes, the ever generous Mr. George Lucas. Letting us see, completely free, a picture of something we're going to buy! Jeeze George ... the graciousness of your bounty astounds us.

Seriously, when Hyperspace first came online, I thought the idea was to give _extra_ stuff to the subscribers, and not actively keep information _away_ from non-paying viewers of the site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.