main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Star Wars on DVD

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SimplyThrilledHoney, Feb 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Winter-

-Winter- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    when Hyperspace first came online, I thought the idea was to give _extra_ stuff to the subscribers, and not actively keep information _away_ from non-paying viewers of the site.

"From a certain point of view", yes. ;)

2. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    And the new buzz is that the pan 'n scan versions of the trilogy will only be available in USA. Most fans would have got the widescreen version anyway, but I guess some casual viewers would have preferred pan'n scan.

I'm saddened about the lack of deleted scenes, but all the docos sound awesome.

3. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I like it alot :)

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > I'm saddened about the lack of deleted scenes, but all the docos sound awesome.

George needs to hold something back to dangle at us when the Ep I - VI box set is produced, sometime after Ep III's release.

5. Devil_Dodo

Devil_Dodo Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2004
    Where's a good place to pre-order it in NZ?

6. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    What's the point. This is NZ. There will be plenty available on release day. We're not a nation of "rush out and buy" types.

Also, closer to release there will be pre-order competitions at Whitcoulls etc, why not wait for some of those to crop up to make your preorder possibly worth something, other than as interest in somebody else's bank account?

7. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    we have a thinker right here :)

8. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    For those of you with Hyperspace, check out the new DVD trailer. Peter Jackson appears briefly on it :) Looks like they'll be a few sound bites from him in the fourth disc documentaries.

9. KENBENOKI387

KENBENOKI387 Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2004
    Hi Kitt327, a lil' while ago you offered to dub me some copies of some old SW behind-the-scenes docos --
    From SW to Jedi: The making of a trilogy & I forget the other one? But it wasn't SPFX, I have that on DVD if you'd like a copy...
    Would I still be able to take you up on your offer? I know it's exam time, but the sooner, the better! :)
    I think I've got the right person? Have I?

10. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    You look as though you've changed usernames recently (by your reg date) maybe PM'ing Kitt your old ID may help jog her memory if it's right but she can't remember you.

11. KENBENOKI387

Jan 14, 2004
    Yeah thanks for the heads-up. The reason I had to re-register is because I forgot my log-in and I changed ISP, so I couldn't get my password sent to me...
    And I searched the archives, but I couldn't seem to find the thread. Bummer.
    I don't mind waiting, thanks guys.

12. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I do remember - sorry for not responding sooner, I haven't been home much over the last two days. It was the Star Wars to Jedi and the SE doco, right? I'm definitely still willing to dub those for you ... I'll have finished my exams on Thursday next week.

13. KENBENOKI387

Jan 14, 2004
    Hi Kitt, no prob's on the late reply. Sorry if it seemed like I was rushing you! :)
    If you like I'll mail you some good VHS tapes for the 'archiving' of the doco's...Along with a copy of SPFX if you'd like?
    If you want, mail me @ executive_producer@star-wars.net
    It's probaly not a good idea to talk about this on the boards, though it shouldn't matter too much as it's not the OS!
    Thanks Kitt.

14. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    $80 at Marbecks.

Not bad, not bad at all...

There's a list of fixes & tweaks floating about in a couple of threads in the Classic Trilogy forum. Can I just say I think the decision to put Hayden Christensen in in place of Sebastian Shaw as Anakin's force ghost at the end of RotJ is dumb. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

DUMB.

15. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Gosh $80 is good.

Yeah I've just been reading over some of those changes and a lot of people are getting very heated over "speculation". Anyhoo, if it is true I think i'd be in the same boat. Doesn't seem to work.
    I'm all for the general touch ups and what not. It would be good to see Ian McD as the emporer.

16. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  17. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    I thought the Hadyn Christiansen changeout in the final scene was just a rumour/hoax. It's pretty stupid if it's actually gonna happen, although the screen cap of TFN looked like a Photoshop job to me.

But, yeah, I'm happy with a general cleanup.

18. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    It's about 99% rumours at the moment. I saw that Hayden ROTJ pic too, it looked very photoshoped.

19. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, from all the spy reports I've seen at various SW websites, it looks like the Hayden in RotJ thing is legit. Although that image floating around could very well be a hoax/fan mockup.

I guess we'll find out soon enough, and really, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it is true.

The other rumoured fixes like the Rancor matte-lines, lightsabers in ANH, swapping of the Emperor hologram in ESB, Naboo celebrations in RotJ are all OK by me.

20. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Perhaps the reasoning behind it (if it's legit) is that the Anakin-ghost was originally supposed to represent how he looked before he turned. In light of the prequels, the ghost as it is now is a fictional creation ... Anakin never looked like that at any point in his life, and he never wore robes like that. It appears as if he's just inventing a form which would be recognizable and pleasing to his son.

I could take or leave that change, but you have to wonder how Luke would recognize a twenty year old version of his father.

21. AnariaZar-Rel

AnariaZar-Rel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2004
    I generally don't mind any changes for the dvds, Greedo, Jabba, Palps in ESB etc.. but I think it would annoy me if they put Hayden in ROTJ. Yoda and Ben look like they did when they died. I know Anakin was scared up when he died, but he's the same age and looks like he would have had he not gone to the dark side. The pic that floats around doesn't look real, and I hope the rumors are just rumors and nothing more.

GPstore says 22nd Sept for NZ, but when I was in Whitcoulls last, the sign behind the counter said 21st - ? Maybe they just copied that from the internet.

When the Lotr dvds were released, certain stores had different extras - Sounds had a free poster, most places have $10 off for a week, and Blockbuster had cups, jackets and t-shirts (for a little extra). I hope some stores here do something like that for SW. Here's hoping the local stores will actually bring in some of the figures!

22. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    The covers look good. A bit different. I like the Fourth disc.

[image=http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/news/2004/06/img/20040624a_4_bg.jpg]

Disc Covers

23. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Down to $69.90 at GPstore (preorder only).

:D

24. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Wow, that's almost worth pre-ordering. I would expect it to retail at most places around $99. That seems to be standard. Do we know what stores have priced it at yet?

25. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I don't know if you guys have heard about this, but apparently they've replaced the original Boba Fett voice with Tem Morrison's voice for the DVD release. I downloaded an mp3 of the 'he's no good to me dead' bit, and it's definitely Tem. It's going to take some getting used to ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.