main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Star Wars on DVD

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SimplyThrilledHoney, Feb 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I haven't read any reviews yet, been told some rumours about it, I think I'll just wait and see if the things i've heard are actually true. I really hope they changed the Cantina shootout back [face_plain]

2. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Yeah I've heard heaps of rumours too. Most just seem to be speculation. We'll just have to be patient and wait. From I gather most changes are to the SFX and adding Ian McD as the emperor on ESB.

I also hear they are releasing the Clone War cartoons on DVD early next year as well.

3. KEN_BENOKI_IS_BACK

KEN_BENOKI_IS_BACK Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    Alot has been changed... Some mistake, some whole characters!

Biggest change is in Jedi - They have replaced Sebastian Shaw with Hayden Christensen. I didn't want it this way, but it does look very good... I have screenshots and a avi of it.

The new Jabba pass in ANH looks good, not perfect though.
    Han still steps on his tail.

Ian McDiarmid has replaced Clive Revill (sp!?) as the Emperor in ESB, they have changed the dialog a li'l too. Now it sounds as if Vader is truly decieving the his Master. Sounds great! I have an MP3 of it.

But for us Kiwis, the biggest change has to be Tem looping Fett's voice. Sounds good... I think? :)
    I have an MP3 of that too.

Alot of people are complaining about the sabres in this release... They look good, don't listen to the hype. Vader doesn't duel with a 'PINK' sabre. LoL :)

EDIT: Forgot to say, I have seen all the EPI III Vader pics (Non-hyperspace too!) WOW!!! It's gonna rock.

4. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    So the pirated versions are already hitting the streets aye...

The change with Hayden instead of Sebastion Shaw is one that i'm not sure I want to see. It's almost too much of a drastic change to the OT. Same with Fett and Tem's voice. Oh well, I think i'll be happy anyway.

And i've seen those pics of the birth of Vader EP3 doc and he looks pretty cool.

Can't wait.

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > But for us Kiwis, the biggest change has to be Tem looping Fett's voice. Sounds good... I think? <

Well, Fett has all of about 2 lines in the OT, so I doubt it'll make much difference.

I take it Greedo "still" shoots first? :(

6. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    The spoiler mill says the SFX in that scene have been changed slightly, but Greedo still shoots. One SE change which is said to be gone, is Luke's scream as he plummets from the gantry.

In other news, the 'Empire of Dreams' DVD doco is going to screen on Sky - more info check out SWNZ http://swnz.dr-maul.com/

7. DrMaul

DrMaul Jedi Master star 1

Dec 24, 2000
    > In other news, the 'Empire of Dreams' DVD doco is going to screen on Sky - more info check out SWNZ http://www.SWNZ.co.nz/

I'm just waiting on further deatils from SKY's scheduling department, but they described the screening as 'the worldwide premiere', which suggests, given that A&E in the US is screening it on Sep 21, we'll quite possibly get it in NZ on that same date (but the day before the US).

8. KEN_BENOKI_IS_BACK

KEN_BENOKI_IS_BACK Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    Yeah, lukes scream has gone... It never really bothered me that much.
    Gone too are Anakin's (Shaw) eyebrows during the reveal scene, guess this makes sense in the bigger picture.
    There are alot of changes. But don't worry though, I think they are for the better and we're not meant to notice them! Just like the SE. ;)

9. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    So how did you come by seeing this?

10. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Gone too are Anakin's (Shaw) eyebrows during the reveal scene, guess this makes sense in the bigger picture.

Looking at the pictures, I think more than the eyebrows have changed ... it almost looks to me like they've made his eyes a lot bluer, but that could just be the result of the digital transfer.

11. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    can someone pm me the pics or website....

12. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Try the www.episode3.net message boards.

13. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    One couldn't be a little more precise with suggested links for those of us too busy to sift through the net or too lazy per chance?

14. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    interested in that too! :)

-Mel

15. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    The links to the relevant threads are posted on that site's main page, SFL.

16. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    found it thanks! ;)

-Mel

17. -SILVER-

-SILVER- Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 16, 2003
    So, it sounds like Lucasso is fixing all the hiccups ... even the little ones such as....

In ANH after blowing up the Death Star, Luke climbs out of his x-wing & says 'Carrie' instead of 'Leia'.

I just hope the ANH lacklustre duel between Vader & Kenobi is amp'd up, baby!!! :cool:

18. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    He never says Carrie, it was just a myth. And it was suppose to be when they were still on the Death Star and running away from the stormtroopers (ie: when they swing over the bridge was out broken).

19. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    > He never says Carrie, it was just a myth

Really? 'Cause a few years ago I listened out for it in the scene when Luke gets out of his X-Wing after blowing up the Death Star, and I was pretty sure I could hear it in with all the crowd noise.

20. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    starwars.com ran a thing about that a while back:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/feature/20000530/indexp3.html

It's halfway down the page.

It's kind of crazy the way these things get reported all over the world in the media ... I've seen that one in the Listener, and the NZ Herald.

21. AnariaZar-Rel

AnariaZar-Rel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2004
    Mark Hamill talked about that 'Carrie' rumor in a Hyperspace chat. He actually said 'There she', as in
    'There she is!' but didn't finish the line.

22. DrMaul

DrMaul Jedi Master star 1

Dec 24, 2000
    The full press release from Roadshow Entertainment NZ Ltd is up on SWNZ for those interested in all the official DVD details: http://swnz.dr-maul.com/moretext.php?request=20040812

23. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    DrMaul, tell my wife to work harder!

24. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    She's two years younger than ya STH.

Oooh, couples on the boards. hehehe

Ena's been fairly absent of late. Are you lurkng Ena?

edit = yea, I'd listened for the "carrie" thing before and never picked it. My fav. blooper is when the stormtrooper smacks his head on the door when they march in to where 3-PO and R2 were when Luke and Han go off to save leia in the first death star. (trooper on far right. :D Best part :p)

25. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    If I recall correctly all the vocals in SW were re-recorded in a studio & overdubbed. This makes the rumoured 'Carrie' line even more hard to believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.