Tucson Star Wars on the Big Screen again? Yep: The Clone Wars!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Zedd, Feb 12, 2008.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Zedd Tucson AZ Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    It has just been confirmed, there will be a new Star Wars movie released into theaters Friday, August 15. You may say 'But, I thought GL said he was done making movies'? Well, he lied again, and so there is a movie version of the Clone Wars coming out!!!

Go to StarWars.com for details!
  2. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    This is so cool!!! and random... I hope it will be a good movie. Any idea what it will be about (other than the Clone Wars, obviously)?
  3. Zedd Tucson AZ Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Well, to start off with, a major part of it will be about the character that always existed but we just didn't know about until now, none other than Anakin's padawan, Ashaka! (or something like that. I don't actually remember what her name is).
  4. Vangarian Force Ghost

star 4
    Hmmmm. So the Flannel Jedi did a Sabac faced misinformation quote, huh? Well if he decides to do a series on TV like he was saying then this would be the best thing he could do to wet our collective appetites for more on a series. Unless he intends to jump to the live action instead and skip the cartoon. This should be interesting to say the least. I wonder if he would be planning on doing without live action altogether and just do CGI instead in the future. Now that would be COOL!
  5. Admiral_JasterMereel Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't think I'm too thrilled about the animation style. Never have been a Tartokovsky-Clone Wars fan. With Dexter's Lab and the Powerpuff Girls, it was acceptable. Star Wars just deserved so much more, in my opinion.

- AJM
  6. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I would think this won't be a rehash of the animation we have already seen, probably new drawings, or I would hope so or it wouldn't be worth putting a movie out of it.

I don't like the new look at Starwars.com it messes with my screen too much
  7. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    so I assume we are planning a group outing for this showing???? I heard it will only be shown at digital theaters.. I know foothills is digital.. are any other tucson theaters digital?
  8. GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't have any high hopes but I am sure it will be cool.
  9. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    It should be cool, I agree. Of course I'll see it, but I'm worried about this whole previously unknown Padawan of Anakin's that has now been pulled out of a magic hat...
  10. Zedd Tucson AZ Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Lol. Have you ever read any EU? 8-}
  11. Zedd Tucson AZ Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    You know, I find it kind of funny and kind of sad that this thread has had NO ACTIVITY in the last MONTH, and the movie is coming out TONIGHT!!!
    Phil, Brandon, and I are going to midnight showing at El Con if anyone is wondering.
  12. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Saw it, trooped it, had a great time during the movie and will be doing a major event on Saturday!!!!
  13. Vangarian Force Ghost

star 4
    Saw it! It was a good story. The CGI wasn't made for the big screen, but that's ok. It was still a good viewing. Ain't that right, Mike?
  14. Zedd Tucson AZ Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    No. After seeing it again, and having more time to think about it, I absolutely hated it.

Somebody please convince me otherwise!
  15. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Embrace your inner child, Mike. See it with a kid. It brings the whole thing out. ;)
  16. GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Master

star 4
    I liked it. I had no expectations. There are complaints. But then again when is there not?
  17. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Two thumbs down sorry Mike.
  18. GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Master

star 4
    ^^

Explanation? Just curious...I imagine it'll be something I've seen related to disappointed reactions in the TCW threads about.
  19. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    I still have yet to see the movie, lol. None of my family seemed too excited about seeing it :-( It sure seems like overall this movie hasn't gotten anywhere near the hype or the suspense of a "real" Star Wars movie...like the TV series is the real goal and the movie is just an afterthought.
  20. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    If I was 12 and saw it and had no idea what star wars was I would have loved it. The action was great. Asoka umm yeah like the new Jar Jar? Anyone else feel this way.

Flaws flaws FLAWS! Did anyone catch the fact that Anakin used his right hand to touch the forehead of Jabbas son to agree with Asoka that he had a fever? UMMM YEAH are there temp sensors in that hand and through that thick glove???

SKYGUY???? What the hell? Come on!

GUNS??? GUNS???? no no the fact that Han said it was a fluke. There are no "guns" in Star Wars there are blasters canons and turrets.

I also think the animation sucked.

Oh wait Uncle George left us some more plot holes too OOPS......
  21. GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Master

star 4
    What I don't understand is why they gave Jabba a son. I know why they did. However Rotta ain't around in the EU stories set between ROTS and ROTJ. There has to be some sort of novel maybe written from some people at DH that's all gritty and Scorsese-like about a way that Rotta is killed off. The result of Jabba being a crime lord and all that. Who knows maybe Rotta accidentally gets fed to the Rancor.
  22. padumavati Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, I absolutely hated the movie. I knew something was wrong the minute they skipped the opening crawl.
  23. GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Master

star 4
    ^^

Would you watch the TV series?

If in the future they made more realistic and more adult content films that were based off of EU stories would TCW discourage you?

I imagine that TCW is like that Ang Lee Hulk in that people saw it but it sucked and it made money because no one knew.
  24. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    even though I've heard the reviews I am going to see this finally this weekend.. I'm taking the three yr old to see it.. so even if I am disappointed I know he won't be.
  25. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I liked it. I liked the music also. Perhaps I heard so many detractions I went in with lower expectations than everyone else.. but I liked and enjoyed it, ahem.... so did the three yr old.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby