main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars on the "real big screen"

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by Qui-Gon-Was-Right, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon-Was-Right

Qui-Gon-Was-Right Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2002
    Hey all. I haven't been on this board in over a year. Sorry, I got busy and then had trouble finding the website. Anyways, I am super pumped for ROTS. I recently bought a home theatre projector for my living room. So basically my tv is 10 feet. Watching movies on it is awesome. Anyways, as a way to both get back in touch with local star wars fans and to get ready for ROTS, would there be any interest if I offered to have people over to watch one (or more) of the movies on my big screen? I also recorded the new trailer in HD, so that is cool to watch on the big screen too. I live 5 mins past Brier Creek, headed towards Durham. Let me know if this would be of interest. Oh yeah, I also have my xbox hooked up to the projector with digital cables, so I would also be up for some gaming.

Adriel

2. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I would definitely like to entertain the idea of a Star Wars marathon for us club members on a home sound system that's huge. Private message me here on the fan force PM if its ok to post your home address and discuss with me possible times and the sequence. Original trilogy first? or all movies in order from I thru VI?

3. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Is it ok to announce a marathon showing at your place?
    What kinds of times should we talk about? There should be breaks of about 1/2 hr inbetween each movie to chat and enjoy all friends company.

4. Qui-Gon-Was-Right

Qui-Gon-Was-Right Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2002
    Did you not get the private message I sent ya? I am definetely up for watching the movies. One problem though....as with all projectors, the screen is much brighter when it is dark, so watching the movies at night is better. Unless everyone wants to be up till 5am, doing all 5 movies in marathon might be a bit much. But other than that, I am excited. I live 5 miles past Brier Creek, towards Durham.

5. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Yup, I got it! Thanks! :D

6. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Want to do this in two big bytes, like Tuesday night or the weekend? It's your place so I defer to you, Qui-Gon. It's your call!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.