main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

STAR WARS on TV?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthTerminus, Jul 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTerminus

DarthTerminus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2003
    Question. A la Star Trek: The Next Generation, wouldn't you like to see a STAR WARS TV show?

Here are a few ideas. Which one do you think is the best. You can pick more than one.

Once we decide on the best, I would like to use the threads to create an overall plot line that most of the fans would like so your vote is important.

Here are my ideas:

1) STAR WARS - Jedi Academy: Stories based on the training of new Jedi. Make these younger jedi so we can see their problems and growth. Luke Skywalker, much older, is never seen except for a special episode or two.

2) STAR WARS - The Adventures of Han Solo: Story follows the growth of young Han Solo from his brief time in the Emperial Academy, to his first meeting and rescue of Chewbacca, ending just before A NEW HOPE.

3) STAR WARS - The Rise of the Empire: A story about how the Empire grows and the Rebellion begins and grows. This can cover the 20 year gap between Episode III and Episode IV.

4) STAR WARS - The Old Republic: See Jedi Master Sifo Dyas, See Darth Bane, see all the old Jedi in the early days prior to Episode I, and when Yoda was just a tyke, before he was even found perhaps.

5) STAR WARS - The Adventures of Boba Fett: Young Boba, starting after Episode III is a teen trying to become a bounty hunter like his father. We follow him in his growth, trial and error and every mistep along the way. Show ends with him arriving at Jabba's palace to work for him.

6) STAR WARS - The First Jedi: Go WAY back in time when the first Jedi is created and the Jedi Order isn't even founded yet. Much less technology, thousands of years in the past.

7) STAR WARS - Today's Jedi: Zoom ahead to the future where it is no longer "a long time ago...." Now it is "present day, in a galaxy far, far away." The technology would be fantastic, and perhaps there could be a lot of inter galactic travel...maybe to earth on occassion.

8) STAR WARS - Mysteries of the Sith: This could be a look at the development of the Sith from their perspective and their run-ins with the Jedi before their extinction.

9) STAR WARS - Descendents of the Force: The children of Luke, Han and Leia, and Lando all meet up in the future sharing their adventures. Ben Skywalker, Jacen and Jaina and whoever else could be in the show.

and finally...

10) STAR WARS - The Hidden Alliance: This takes place during the actual time of the original trilogy in a smaller, hidden section of the galaxy where a group of planets have banded together and are able to fend off any assaults by the Empire keeping their identity secret until they are ready to make their offensive.

Well, those are you choices. Honestly, let me know what you think and which you would choose. When we have a winner we will develop some plot perhaps and characters.

Thanks

2. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    6) STAR WARS - The First Jedi: Go WAY back in time when the first Jedi is created and the Jedi Order isn't even founded yet. Much less technology, thousands of years in the past.

bingo

3. gator

gator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 20, 2003
    i like ideas 3,4 and 6- i doubt it'll ever happen but it'd be very cool

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'd prefer a straight adaptation of the EU, as outlined in Quest's EU TV Show Layout!.

If it was executed as I've detailed in that thread, not only would it avoid the failures and shortcomings of other sci-fi TV shows and made-for-TV-movies, but it would truely be a unique acomplishment in storytelling and television in general, not to mention paying the utmost respect to the films themselves

Of course, the most important thing would be that these wonderful stories would be told to a larger audience, something they truely deserve.

5. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I would prefer they stick to cartoons, it would set them apart more from the movies.

They could try different styles of animation though. I would love to see cartoons of the Jedi Academy.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think them being on TV/DVD with different actors playing the roles would be enough to make them distinct from the films, while retaining the visual live-action feel of the films, so that it can blend for those who want it to.

7. CaptPanakaBacca

CaptPanakaBacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    What about the quality of the video. I mean I dont want it to look like film on video, but how bout like the holiday special or even todays tv soap operas. You know, the live on video look, not the film on video look. At Star Tours right before you board the starspeeder, you can see a vido above the door about safety regulations. It looks live, what was really cool was seeing those workers, and a starspeederarrivng, still with that live look, not film. I do NOT like the look of Prime time shows, Friends style or even the ABC comedies, Raymond. I hate the video they use.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    You should check out some of the episodes of Farscape's 3rd and 4th seasons, the cinematography and filmwork looks top-notch.

To a lesser, but still impressive degree, the same also goes for Babylon 5 and Stargate SG-1.

A SW TV Show could easily match the look of the films.

9. CaptPanakaBacca

CaptPanakaBacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    Yeah but then its gonna have that syndicated crap look, where one tv station has it looking worse that another affiliate

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    All depends on what channel it goes to.

Who knows, maybe they could get HBO- it'd eliminate the commercials, and probably get an HD broadcast to boot ::)

Besides, they'd all end up on DVD eventually anyways.

11. JangoxFett

JangoxFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2002
    Battlestar Galactica (1979) was IMHO the nearest thing to Star Wars on TV.

Even G.L. did not like that the guns on the show worked too mush like his from Ep4 ANH. at the time.

It had most of the same things that the star wars galaxy had.

The Cylions{sp?} are kinda like Stormtroopers. only they are all robot.

12. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    4) STAR WARS - The Old Republic: See Jedi Master Sifo Dyas, See Darth Bane, see all the old Jedi in the early days prior to Episode I, and when Yoda was just a tyke, before he was even found perhaps.

13. whata_wookie

whata_wookie Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2002
    I always thought that the period of time between IV and V would make for great television. The bounty hunter in Ord Mantell and such. Anyone remember the comic strip covering this time period?

14. jediknight_2033

jediknight_2033 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2002
    Versions 2 and 3 would be great!! :)

15. JansonYellowAces

JansonYellowAces Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    I think a Rogue Squadron TV show would be the best.

16. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I just need something that's got lightsabers in it ;)

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Anyone remember the comic strip covering this time period?<<

There were several, actually. Mainly the "Classic" newspaper strips and the Marvel series.

That era is actually the most heavily packed era of stories for SW- I don't think you'll find many timelines that agree on the specific order of all the content between those films. Heck, in no particular order, you have all these sources (and probably even a few more) taking place between ANH and ESB:

Empire issue #7, 15 & 16-18
    Star Wars Missions #1-20
    Rogue Squadron
    Marvel comic series, issues #7-38 + Annual #1
    Vader's Quest
    Classic Star Wars, Volumes 1-4
    Star Wars Galaxies
    Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
    River of Chaos
    The Star Wars Holiday Special
    Galaxy of Fear #1-12
    Dark Forces
    Splinter of the Minds Eye

18. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    A Jedi Academy cartoon would rock! It should be based around Ben Skywalker though! And of course other Jedi and people he meets. Anywa that would be the best choice and it's very possible cuz Genny said that he was in talks with Lucas to make an actuall 30 cartoon based after the Fall Of The Empire! Which woundn't be released untill after EPIII.

19. Daemonicus

Daemonicus Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2003
    It would be great to see a Star Wars TV show. I have been personally hoping they would do it for years. If they do it right it would be a fantastic show

20. Zethlin_Maximus

Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2003
    Sorry, but I don't like any of the suggestions. I've always liked the idea of doing a Star Wars OT version of TV mini-series like "The Winds of War" or "North & South", where we get away from the original characters and we would look at the Galactic Civil War from another part of the Rebellion. After all, the "Galactic" Civil War takes place all over the galaxy, not just in one tiny part. I got the impression that there were more than one Rebel base, so the story would concern another part of the Rebellion and their struggles against the Empire.

The story would have new heroes, who would in turn be fighting against new Imperial warlords, with only the possibility of a verbal reference to Vader and what was happening in the films. Obviously, key characters would play a part, such as the Emperor and possibly Mon Mothma (with maybe some EU characters like Prince Xizor thrown in), but all the other characters would be new.

21. KfistoRox

KfistoRox Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2002
    I too don't want to see any SW on tv. That would just cheapen the movies.

If GL would let someone else make some movies, hey I'm all for that. ;)

22. JangoxFett

JangoxFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 1, 2002
    fyi.. I just got the dvd vol.2 set of family guy and in a never before aired ep. there is a short part about star wars!!! its pretty cool IMO.
    its on only for a few seconds.

here's a quick peek for you at this link.
    http://dra.8m.com/files/SW-Family Guy2.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.