main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Star Wars on TV

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Axia_Euxine, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    "In a rare public appearance at the Star Wars Celebration III (his previous fan event appearance was in 1987), George Lucas confirmed that he's working on two TV series. One will be a full 3D animation series (with 30-minute episodes) of the recent Cartoon Network Clone Wars shorts, and the other a live-action series, that will be set in the time between Episodes III and IV, but won't feature the main characters. Production is expected to begin in about a year."

So thankfully those rumors about a young Luke Skywalker series have been squashed by the man himself and that makes me feel better. I like that it wont feature main characters.

However, Im still nervous though. I dont want Star Wars run into the ground like they did with Trek.

Still... To know Star Wars will continue after Episode 3....

2. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    HOLY CRAP!!! I just ran across a piece of info about the tv series that makes me so VERY happy. However, it could be regarded as a ep 3 spoiler so I wont share. [jumps up and down in joy]

3. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    yes, here is some stuff from TV Guide:

WELCOME TO THE O.C., SITH!: Star Wars director George Lucas will guest-star as himself on The O.C.'s May 12 episode, Fox confirms. In the episode, Lucas expresses interest in Seth's (Adam Brody) "graphic novel," which leads Ryan's better half to make a difficult decision regarding Summer. Things become even more complicated when Lucas invites Seth to dinner and gives him some wordly advice. I'm guessing it sounded something like this: "Seth, man, if you missed 24 last night, get a tape. Chloe was fierce!"

IN RELATED NEWS...: The O.C.'s George Lucas confirmed over the weekend that he's developing two Star Wars projects for the small screen, per Variety. The first is an 3-D animated half-hour that expands on the Cartoon Network's Clone Wars miniseries, and the other would be a live-action series that would focus on several of the franchise's supporting characters. Both shows would be set in the years between the end of Revenge of the Sith and the beginning of Star Wars. Also known as Princess Leia's training-bra years.

____________________________________________-

Axia, please PM me your information, spoilerish though it may be.

4. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Yup, dat wuz the news that broke out on Saturday at CIII. Didn't attend Lucas' sessions but word spread like wildfire around the halls.

There is a certain character that is supposedly in the live-action series, not the new CGI Clone Wars one that's also planned, that may be an EPIII spoiler but that has yet to be fully confirmed.

I'm just glad the year-long rumors of the 2 possible shows have been finally confirmed by Lucas himself. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.