main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Star Wars Open World Game

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth Master Titus, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    So I've heard noise about a possible open world Star Wars game in the works. Has anybody heard likewise, and if so does anybody have some info on this? From what I have heard so far Visceral Games is working on it.

2. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    That's about all we know at the moment. Well that and the fact it's being helmed by Amy Hennig who worked on the Uncharted games at Naughty Dog.

3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, we keeping hearing about it. Hope it happens.

4. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    How would you feel about a Star Wars game that plays like Uncharted. I don't think they should go in that direction.

5. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    Me too. We deserve some good, well thought out games. Haven't got any since KOTOR 1

6. WadiumArcadium

Nov 27, 2014

I certainly wouldn't be against it. I'm a big Uncharted fan so something in that vein could be interesting. Before it was cancelled 1313 looked Uncharted-esque and I certainly would have given that a go.

darskpine10 and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  7. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    omg wut if it was liek gta on coruskant

8. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    Well while I am also a big fan of Uncharted as well, and do agree that 1313 looked really promising, I don't think Uncharted style of gameplay would work for an Open World game. When I think open world game I think of games like Far Cry in terms of gameplay.

9. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    That sounds like fun lol

10. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    inorite? lol

11. WadiumArcadium

Nov 27, 2014

Oh I see what you mean. No, I can't see an open world game in the style of Uncharted. It's too action orientated and fast paced for a traditional open world title. I've heard Uncharted 4 will be more open than the previous games in the series though with more areas to explore.

12. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    What the heck are you asking LOL

13. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    If this open world game does come to existence, I would hope they would give us ways of transportation, like speeders, or speed bikes. And allow us to travel to different planet in our own starships etc. I'm getting ahead of myself but the thought of it is really exciting.

14. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Uncharted 2 style? Yes.

Uncharted 3 style? No.

15. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    Since we are entering another era of Star Wars, I think the game should have its own unique style. I don't want these new games to feel like anything other than its own :D

16. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    In an era when game budgets are in the millions, that becomes much harder to even think of doing.

17. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    If the rumors are true, this might be a Han Solo game to tie in with the first spin off film. I really like this idea. I love when all aspects of the franchise feel connected, and takes queues from other things like the games and books.

18. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope it's true, I would love an open world Star Wars game, I can already picture the mods.

19. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    hope it happens, i really miss the kotor games

20. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001

rickyjr7306

Thank you for initiating such a thought provoking thread. We haven't had those in this Forum for a long while. I can sense great passion and energy resonating from you.

My Manager - SoloCommand - told me to get in touch with you. He's the Manager for a potential upcoming massive open world Star Wars Corusant game project - potentially scaling it up to include Tatooine and Alderaan. He also happens to be one of the Lead Developers. Check out his user profile. He saw your thread and gave me a call immediately via satellite phone. He's currently away on important business. He was very impressed with your posts and was looking for intelligent and vibrant people such as yourself to potentially join our team. We are currently looking for Code Developers, Skin Modellers, Game Guru Think Tanks, Consultants and beta testers.

Would you be interested in a potential interview / offer with competitive pay and full benefits? Our team is very flexible and global. You choose the work hours and can work from home as long as we meet our targets and deadlines. Just curious, are you fluent in f0rceb0at-V4.2 coding?

Please let us know if you have any questions. We would be happy to answer them. Please reply in this thread and let us know. We hope to hear from you soon. Thanks. :)

21. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    I hear you, but Star Wars isn't your run of the mill game like Fifa, or Madden where they come out with one every year. Star Wars games are once in a blue moon so in order to make good money off of SW, Disney and EA need to step the game up to keep the fans happy.

In terms of budget problems, I kind of wish EA was like Rockstar. They don't make too many titles, which is why they were able to make GTA5, and push a lot of there funds into that game; $500m budget.

22. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    Not sure how I would feel about a Han Solo open world game. I don't think they would make an open world game about an established character. I believe in an open world game you should be able to create your own character and choose their path. A game about Han Solo would be restricted because his path is already written in stone.

23. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    I normally don't play computer games except for The Old Republic, but if the mods are amazing I would probably buy it for PC

24. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    You and me both man. KOTOR was the best SW game for me. Battlefront 2, Obi-Wan, and Revenge of the Sith after that

25. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    Thanks, I really love Star Wars so I am really dying of anticipation for these new games and films.

As for the offer, I will have to kindly decline. That means a lot but I'm a full time student and quite frankly don't know what the hell f0rceb0at-V4.2 coding is [face_laugh] LOL. I'm not knowledgeable in anything graphic wise, so I would be of no help to you guys.

But if you guys really like my ideas, keep on reading my posts and you guys can find some great ideas. ;)