main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Star Wars Open World Game

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth Master Titus, Jan 31, 2015.

1. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    What was that clone trooper game? I liked that too. But nothing come close to Kotor 1 and 2

2. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    Are you referring to Battlefront?

3. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    No it was like a special forces unit or squad that you command.

4. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    I think you are talking about Commando?

5. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Yep ... Republic commando. That's it

6. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    I've never played it. Sounds like another one would be welcomed though lol

7. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Yeah.it was fun

8. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    I would prefer EA just come out with new SW game titles instead of just rebooting past games even though I'm still excited for them.

JediMatteus likes this.
  9. astropaz

astropaz Jedi Padawan

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm not convinced the Visceral game is the big open worlder, Amy Hennig and Todd Stashwick are good writers and are more story based and whilst they might be working on an open world EA has a bigger company with Star Wars heritage and do nothing but open world epics.
    I still reckon there are 3 games on the way.

rickyjr7306 likes this.
  10. Darth Master Titus

Dec 10, 2014
    Well if they are making an open world game, maybe Hennig was brought in to give it a good story line. Because who wants an open world game without a good story line.

11. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    I hope that it's more Skyrim/Dragon Age Inquisition than GTA V. Don't get me wrong GTA V is great, it just gets old really quick due to the lack of interesting side-quests.

12. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    Dragon Age has that problem too in my opinion and Skyrim to a lesser extent. It must be quite difficult for the developers to come up with a lot of engaging quests.

13. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    I got so lost in side quests in Dragon Age that i quit the game 1/4 way through. i might pick it back up and play the main quest, but it felt too much like an mmo

14. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Agreed Jedi. I like a lot of quests, but too many pointless side quests that you get bombarded with really put me off. That's why I stopped playing DA:I when I got to Redcliffe. Too many pointless quests that overwhelmed me. Needs to be more like SWTOR where most of the missions are unique, with a few random fetch quests here and there.

15. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    No pointless collectables either, please. I'm looking at you, Assassin's Creed! It's a cheap way to "extend" gameplay, IMO.

And I'd rather not have the open world centered on just one location. 1313 sounded really cool to me, minus the being stuck on Coruscant part. This is Star Wars! The player should be able to explore fantastical new worlds! I wouldn't mind a system like Mass Effect where there were 2 or 3 "hubs" and then a bunch of different locations the player could visit for quests and such.

darskpine10 likes this.
  16. Maharishineo

Maharishineo Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 25, 2013
    I never clicked on this thread because I thought it was just a "I wished we could have..."

Then I heard... it's actually in development?? [face_party]

Definitely looking forward to this.

It'll be interesting to see how expansive it is. 1331 Coruscant style seems interesting sure but man, I would really like to see a No Man's Sky for Star Wars, where you're able to visit and traverse different planets, have space battles etc

Now that I've made the connection, I'm a lot more interested in NMS haha since it really does look like what a Star Wars Open World Game has the potential to be.