main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Star Wars (or other) Video games

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by hal9k1, Nov 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    So, it's out... how is it Tim?

2. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Its really grooovy baby! I likes it alot!

3. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Is it worth getting a PS2 for? Is it KotOR good?

4. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Its def. worth buying a PS2 system for. Besides Ace Combat Zero is coming out soon, and not to mention all the replay value you get with the old PS1 games.

It is a meld between Final Fantasy games, and well, Disney..I havent seen any Disney characters in the actual gameplay...yet, but they have kinda brushed over past experiences with the original, which is cool. It looks to be a LOOOOOOOOOONG game.

2 thumbs up

5. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    I am about 9 hours into KH2, and have to say it is really good, and definately the best fifty bucks I have spent this year, so far.

To go off of what Frankie said, the Kingdom Hearts Franchise is made by the same guy that did Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9, and 10. This game is a Final Fantasy game, but with Disney characters. You can definately tell how little Disney actually put into the game (at least these first nine hours of it). I could on for many, many paragraphs about this game, and how much it kicks butt.

6. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    ya'll keep on talking about KH2.. my son wants reports.. as he can't get his copy for at least another four weeks or so.

7. timstephens4

Jun 10, 2005
    Whew, I have been playing KH2 a lot this weekend. I am now at the point RIGHT before the final boss battles. I am not going into details, but I have found a couple of costumes I want to make. One is a Drive Form of Sora's, looks like this:

[image=http://kh2.co.uk/assets/kh2/artwork/art40.jpg]

It just looks so cool, and playing in this form is friggin' awesome.

The other, is a member of the Organization. His name is Xemnas. When you battle him, try and guess why he would be good as a costume for a SW fan [face_thinking].

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    my son called today to talk KH2.. I was not able to tell him much.. definitely keep posting what you discover.. he won't get the game till late may/early june.. so he is in want of as much info on it as possible.. keep the info coming.. even if you feel better PM'ing it to me.. my son is like I am.. he is a major spoiler hound.. even worse than me in fact!!

9. FORCEinept

FORCEinept Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2006
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic

hahahaha... if it dosn't have el pooh face in the middle panel, try going to the previous comic.

10. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    A raving Poohniac!! that is great!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

11. timstephens4

Jun 10, 2005
    OK, so I finished KH2 earlier tonight. What an ending. Wow. If it weren't for the blurb after the credits, I would believe there was not going to be a sequel. Did not get to see the secret ending because stupid me started the game on Beginner Mode, in which case you cannot even access the secret ending. However, in Proud Mode, all you have to do is clear every world in order to get the secret ending. So, soon, I am going to play through on Proud Mode and see the secret ending.

Cat, your son is going to love this game. There are even parts where you actually get to play as Mickey and Riku. It is amazing.

12. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    So how many hours would you say you have into the game total? I wouldnt mind getting this for my son but i dont want to spend countless hours playing it. He started to lose interst in jak and daxter after about 20 hours of gameplay.........

13. timstephens4

Jun 10, 2005
    Has he played through the first one yet? Your son may or may not lose interest, it is really action packed, and really keeps your focus. If he made it through the first game, definately buy this one. If your son has not played through the first one, try it. You can buy Kingdom Hearts (one) for $20 brand new, so it wouldn't be breaking the bank too much. These games do take about 30 hours of gameplay, but they are really good, and the story is amazing. Hope this helps.

14. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Where would I find KH1 for $20 I have looked at wal mart and target and cant seem to find it anywhere I would love for the easter bunny to bring this sunday so if you can help out please do!

15. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=280415

Seems to be the stardard MSRP now for that game

16. timstephens4

Jun 10, 2005
    You could try Best Buy, Circuit City, Costco, or any other place that sells games. KH1 has been a PS2 Greatest Hit for a while, and that is why it is $20. I would say, just call around to anywhere BUT Gamestop. I highly recommend not going to Gamestop for your gaming needs.

Rant Time!!!!!!

So, I went to Gamestop to buy KH2, and I get there right as the UPS truck with the games arrives. I go in to buy the game for myself, and a copy for a friend that gave me money because she couldn't get it until the end of April. So, I go to the counter, and ask for two copies of the game. They were just sitting there on the counter, not doing anything. The clerk has to call his manager to ask if he could sell me one copy, not two like I asked, but one. The manager says they have fifteen copies that had not been reserved, so the clerk grabs me two and rings me up. He then proceeds to chew me out for not reserving the game and coming in and buying the game when they clearly had extras that were not accounted for. Needless to say, I was beside myself. I have never been chewed out for buying something from a clerk (my mom maybe, but not a clerk). Also needless to say, after that experience, it will be a cold day in hell when I go back to Gamestop. Oh, btw, this was the one on Campbell and Glenn.

17. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Unfortunately that's the kind of treatment you get in most specialty stores, too bad because that's why "big box" store with no customer service at all are killing the "mom and pop" or specialty stores. Either poor treatment at a smaller store or chain or no customer service what so ever. IMHO

18. timstephens4

Jun 10, 2005
    Wow, had to dig this thread out from the bottom of the bin. Right now I am listening to the soundtrack for FFXII, slated for an American release in Fall 2006, and it is amazing. There is a new composer, because Nobuo-san wanted to move into more concert-hall composing instead of games. Nobuo-san has written all of the FF games since VII, except for X-2 (which I don't consider a FF game). This new guy really knows how to write some good music. I am truly enjoying this.

I also just read some juicy news that XIII is about 80% complete as of yesterday, which makes me happy. After KH2, FFXII is the only other game this year that I will be willing to buy at full price, the day it comes out. I can't wait for this game to come out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.