Star Wars or Real Life?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Adrian the Cool, Dec 31, 2012.

?

Which is the better place to live in?

Star Wars aka the Skyriver galaxy 15 vote(s) 78.9%
Earth, Sol system, Milky Way, in the 21st century 4 vote(s) 21.1%
No difference 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Adrian the Cool Jedi Master

star 3
    Where would you prefer to live in?

The Star Wars galaxy or Earth in it's 21st century?

In my opinion Star Wars is much better. I'll take the next starship when the time has come, whenever this will be.^^

Adrian the Cool
  2. benknobi1 Chosen One

star 6
    I picked Star Wars but I think my life expectancy is greater on earth.
    Bazinga'd likes this.
  3. TheMadHatter Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Earth

for it seems in the GFFA, unless you you learn the ability of being a force ghost, when you snuff it that's it, you're gone, dead, deceased, into the ground dust.
  4. benknobi1 Chosen One

star 6
    Exactly, that's the other drawback;)
    No eternity.
  5. smuggler_vola Jedi Master

star 1
    Star Wars. I could be a smuggler (hence the name smuggler_vola) and live on Tatooine. The closest I can get to that is playing SWTOR, though.
  6. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    The Star Wars galaxy would be fun to live in but I don't fancy getting caught up in a war.
  7. Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost

star 5
    The Star Wars galaxy. It's so much action in that galaxy. But I don't want be caught up in a war either.
  8. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    For Star Wars it depends on where you live and how much money you have. But that's true on Earth as well.
  9. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    I would like to be a smuggler or someone that travels the galaxy or part of a caravan. Firefly type thing. Living on a cruise ship or whatever it is like Lando was traveling on in Rebel Dawn where he met Bria Tharen
  10. CT-867-5309 Chosen One

star 5
    I'd argue it's the other way around, but the Earthly side of that is inappropriate. However, in Star Wars there's the "Netherworld of the Force", which may be another form of existence even for those not sensitive to the Force. There's also this line:

Transforming into the Force could be the next level of existence, it could be eternity. Some of the lines about the Force in the movies could be ran with, leading one to the conclusion that perhaps there is reincarnation in Star Wars.

Personally I prefer Earth, because it's not fictional.
  11. Sistros Force Ghost

star 6
    nah I disagree, I think Yoda was talking in a more Eastern sense when he says "netherworld" and "rejoice who transform in to the force" to me that means not a literal existence :p
    benknobi1 likes this.
  12. SithLord_1270 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Star Wars....they have light sabers & the Force!lol
  13. Darth Xalfrea Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Questions like these are ultimately in perspective. We may say we want to live in the likes of Harry Potter world or Middle Earth, but that's only because we come from our own world. We see things like Starships, droids, lightsabers, wands, expecto patronums and Gondor as fantabulous extraordinary things because they are not of our own world.

If we ourselves are born into these fictional worlds, we may sing a different tune. If we tire of these things we may want to live in a regular world where none of these things exist. Like our current world. But for the sake of question, yeah, Star Wars world, no question.
  14. Bazinga'd Dark Lord of the SWC/PT/ Spinoff Forums

Manager
    star 5
    Bingo.
    benknobi1 likes this.
  15. Bad Bad Leroy Brown Jedi Youngling

Earth.

History always repeats itself in SW, there is no evolution.
  16. Sistros Force Ghost

star 6
  17. Kweh-chan Force Ghost

star 1
    The Star Wars universe has Neimoidians; 'nuff said.

Even beyond that, though, the GFFA is just so expansive and relatively easier to get around than 21st century Earth. A part of me can't decide whether to settle among the Neimoidians or to explore and see as much as possible. I can see myself being willing to be more daring and get things done in the SW universe, simply because it would be more interesting. This, of course, is my point of view now, and not my point of view had I been born in to the SW universe, which I'm sure might differ. Regardless, I think there would be more opportunities in the SW universe than there are on Earth at the moment.

...but let's face it, I probably wouldn't last five minutes ;)
  18. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Well that was easy. GFFA of course. Galactic travel, spaceships and aliens and technology.
  19. Eryndil Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Well, Star Wars has the Jedi, which is cool. But it also has the Sith and Galaxy-wide wars which are not so cool.

I choose on Earth, pretending to be in Star Wars!

Some people would say that happens on Earth too...