main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Star Wars: Origins of Darth Vader

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dark Ferus, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    This fan fiction is not connected to either of my past writings. Star Wars: Origins of Darth Vader is an alternative prequel to the original Star Wars, more specifically about how Darth Vader was supposed to be at that time. It does not regard The Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi, not to mention the prequels, and only builds on the 1977 version of Star Wars. As time goes on, I will add to this post until the story is complete. I may also write versions of TESS and ROTJ based on this prequel and ANH (which I will call Star Wars)

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Star Wars: Origins of Darth Vader
    A shadow of darkness has fallen over the galaxy. Emperor Palpatine has taken over the Old Republic, and is rapidly hunting down the Jedi Knights, the guardians of peace and justice for thousands of years. The remaining Jedi hide on the remote planet Dagobah, as the Empire searches for them across the systems.

Jedi Master Yoda leads the Jedi in rebellion against the Empire, constantly searching for more Jedi to recruit. He has successfully discovered a very powerful orphan boy named Darth Vader. Yoda entrusts in Master Obi Wan Kenobi to train young Darth in the ways of the Force, and one day overthrow the tyrannical Empire.

Unfortunately, the Emperor, strong in the dark side of the force, has taken a special interest in Darth, and determines to make an apprentice of him. As Obi Wan trains Darth to be a Jedi, Yoda assigns Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, an old friend of Obi Wan, to protect the young Jedi apprentice from the minions of the Emperor...

Iron_lord and AzureAngel2 like this.
  2. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Darth Vader ran through the swampy marshes of Dagobah, with three training droids armed with lightsabers currently in pursuit. He had been on Dagobah since the age of four, training to be a Jedi Knight. Now, with the help of Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi, the seventeen-year-old Darth's training was very nearly complete.

After an hour of running, Darth reached a clearing in the misty jungle. He drew his lightsaber from his belt and activated its red blade. Suddenly, two of the droids emerged from the fog, weapons at the ready. Darth sensed a third behind him. Force pushing the two droids in front of him, Darth whipped around to face the one behind. Before the droid could attack, Darth had chopped off its head and turned back to the other two advancing. In a blurry movement, Darth sliced them both in half through the middle.

"Well done, again," said Obi Wan Kenobi as he stepped out of the foggy trees. Although aging and grey-haired, Obi Wan was still extremely strong in the Force and as effective a teacher as ever.
    "What's next?" demanded the breathless Darth, always anxious to move on to the next thing.

"Patience, young one," replied Obi Wan, removing the hood of his cloak from his head, "learn to live in the moment. I promise your next trial will be satisfyingly difficult."

"What do I have to do?"

"You will go to the cave on the other side of the swamp," instructed Obi Wan, "There you will confront your darkest demons and conquer them."

"I'm on it," Darth Vader said, beginning to jog into the trees.

"Leave your lightsaber!" called Obi Wan after him, "you do not need it."

"How could I be any threat without a weapon?" Vader yelled back as he disappeared into the mist. Obi Wan sighed in exasperation. The boy still had much to learn. He had never been able to fully restrain the darkness within, as Yoda constantly warned Kenobi.

Darth reached the cave and stopped. He held his red lightsaber at the ready as he slowly stepped into the cavern.

"A strong domain of the dark side, that cave is," Yoda always warned his students. Every Jedi learner had to go through it at some point, and Darth was finally ready. As he walked through the shadows, he saw a distant figure.

"Who's there?" he demanded, raising his lightsaber, "I will kill you. I'm a Jedi knight!" He knew Obi wan would be disappointed but could have cared less.

"Young Vader, you have nothing to fear," said the figure as it approached. It wore a black cloak that covered its face.

"What are you?" For some reason, Darth felt compelled to hold back. Why wasn't he attacking?

"I am an opportunity for greater power," the figure replied, lifting its head to reveal the face of an ancient, deformed man with sunken cheeks and bright yellow eyes. "I sense you are not satisfied with the teachings of the Jedi."

"One flick of the wrist," explained Darth, "and you're dead."

"Good, good," said the old cloaked man, "that is your first step towards your destiny! Strike me down with all of your hatred!"

Without further delay, Vader lunged at the figure and plunged his blade through the old man's neck. The old man collapsed to the ground as Darth deactivated his blade.

"Come to...Had Abaddon..." gasped the ugly figure, "There... I will show you the dark side..."

"But I just killed you!" exclaimed Darth, "How could you be anywhere else?"

"You will discover the secrets of the Dark side," replied the wounded man, "They are far greater than what is given by the Jedi..."

Darth walked toward the caves 's exit, leaving the old man.

Obi Wan was able to sense all that had happened. In his heart. he knew that Darth had very little chance of becoming a true jedi.

He sighed sadly as he sensed the hatred in young Darth, the aggression. This was exactly what the emperor would seek in an apprentice, a powerful force to carry out his will.

Obi Wans best friend and former student Anakin Skywalker approached from behind. A few years younger than Obi Wan, Anakin had a wife on his homeworld Tatooine, and was expecting a baby soon. Anakin was one of the best pilots Obi Wan had known, and one of the most cunning warriirs.

"How's he doing?" asked Anakin, putting a sympathetic hand on Obi Wan's shoulder. He didn't need Obi wan to answer to know how his old friend was feeling.

"The dark side still haunts him, I'm afraid," Obi Wan said, "it's only a matter of time before the emperor seeks him out."

"Yoda will never let that happen," Anakin reassured him, "And besides, you've got me here to protect you both."

Darth burst out of the cave, full of excitement.

"Master Kenobi! Master Skywalker! I did it!" he shouted in excitement, "I killed the demon!"
    He looked up at Kenobi's face expecting to see pride, but only found sadness.

"So am I a Jedi?" demanded Darth, "Was that it?"

" Let's go home," sighed Obi Wan. He and Anakin walked ahead of Darth, back to the secret Jedi temple.

The young teenager sulked behind them in silence. What had he done wrong? He was supposed to go in the cave, fight some evil, and win, and he had done that easily. But he couldn't help wondering, was that old man right? Is there more for me on Had Abaddon? A volcanic world, Had Abaddon was the Empire's capital and the home of the emperor, a formidable user of the Force. The man in the cave had been right that Darth was not satisfied with Jedi teachings. He had never been. Darth had always sensed that greater power was out there, and now may be the right opportunity to seek it...

Iron_lord likes this.
  3. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    That night, Darth found it difficult to fall asleep. He thought long and hard, about his training as a Jedi, about the opportunity the deformed old man had offered him. Tossing and turning, Darth finally drifted into an uneasy sleep. At first, his slumber was silent. But then, he heard that cackling, gnarled voice.
    "You have such potential. What a pity that it is being wasted on the Jedi."
    Get out, Darth thought. The hooded old man came into view.

"The dark side is your ally," he stated, "Use your aggressive feelings, boy!"

Darth woke up in his bed. He looked around the walls of the Jedi Temple. He considered all the Jedi had to offer and decided it was worth at least going to Had Abaddon to meet the emperor. Then, he could see if he wanted to train in the dark side. Looking out the window, Darth saw that it was still nighttime on Dagobah. Obi Wan and the other Jedi would not wake up for hours.

Ten minutes later, Darth was creeping past Jedi dormitories, past training rooms. When he reached the hangar, he wasted no time in picking out an X-wing fighter. Putting his luggage in the storage compartment, Darth immediately started the engine and lifted off the hangar floor. The X Wing sped out into Dagobah atmosphere and beyond.

"Obi Wan!" Anakin shouted, shaking his old Master awake, "Something has happened."

"What is it?"exclaimed Obi Wan, leaping out of bed.

"Darth Vader has run away!" Anakin replied, paceing the dormitory, "I sensed it right when he left."

"I cannot believe I didn't sense him," sighed Kenobi, "He is very disconnected."

"This is a very dangerous time for Darth," said Master Skywalker, "We should consult Yoda to figure out where he's gone."

"I'm afraid I may already know," replied Obi Wan grimly, "Young Vader has gone to Had Abaddon."

"We need to stop him," urged Anakin, "The emperor cannot be allowed to corrupt him."

"First, we must contact Master Yoda," said Obi Wan, "He'll know what to do."

In the Jedi Temple conference room, Anakin and Obi Wan spoke with the hologram of Jedi Master Yoda, a short green alien of more than eight hundred years.

"Act immediately, we must," said Yoda, "Young Vader is in grave danger."

"We must intercept Darth before he reaches the Empire," Anakin replied, "We need you with us, master."

"Rendezvous with you, I will," said Yoda, "On the Wookiee planet Kashyyyk, not far from Had Abaddon."

"We must move quickly," Obi Wan urged as he shut off the hologram.

4. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Darth Vader piloted his X Wing fighter through hyperspace. He had set his course for Had Abaddon and intended to meet with the emperor there. He had no need for an astromech droid, he had the force to help him pilot. When he got out of hyperspace, Darth could see the lava planet ahead. He reached out in the force as his X Wing approached the atmosphere, trying to find the Emperor's location. He flew in the direction where he sensed the dark side, as ashes covered his vision.

Emperor Palpatine sat on his throne, in the Imperial Palace. He had appeared to Darth in the cave, sensing the boys strong force potential. He had started as a senator, serving the Republic. Now, with the Empire in power, Palpatine was the supreme ruler of the universe, and now had a clone army to wipe out the remaining Jedi across the galaxy.

Grand Moff Tarkin entered the lava-and-stone throne room and respectfully bowed to his master. Tarkin was in charge of the clone army and was beginning work on a new project, the Death Star.

"Tarkin, are the clones ready to strike Kashyyk?"

"Yes, my lord," replied the dignified Imperial Officer, "My scouts report a single X Wing fighter approaching."

"Let it land," answered Palpatine dismissively, "Position some troops on the landing platform, ready to fire."
    This way, he could see if Darth's combat skills were worth anything.

"As you wish. Your majesty," replied Tarkin. He bowed again and left.

5. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Master Yoda watched as the Jedi X Wings containing masters Kenobi and Skywalker landed on the landing platform of Kashyyyks capital city, high in the forest. Beside him stood King Organa of Alderaan and Wookiee General Chewbacca. The two elder masters exited their X Wings and bowed to Yoda and his companions.

"Master Kenobi, Master Skywalker," said Yoda, walking towards the two, "Under siege, Kashyyk is." Chewbacca roared in distress."

"The emperor has created a clone army," explained King Organa, "He has declared war on all opposing systems." He gestured towards the balcony, from where Obi Wan could see a fierce battle between the furry Wookiee soldiers and an army of soldiers wearing white armor.
    "I take it those are the clones," Anakin said.
    "Indeed," replied Yoda sadly, "We must stop them here, before they create galactic war."

"But what about young Vader?" asked Obi Wan, "The emperor could have gotten to him, and I cannot sense his presence."

"More urgent is the matter of the clone army," said Yoda firmly, "After defeated the clones are, can we deal with the boy."

Deep down, Yoda knew that Vader was lost, there was no turning back from the dark side. After more than seven hundred and fifty years of training Jedi, Yoda knew all there was to know about the light and dark sides of the Force.

"We have no time to lose," said Organa, "With three Jedi masters, it should be easy to defeat the Imperial troops quickly." Chewbacca growled in agreement. The five of them hurried to an awaiting Wookiee gunship.

6. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    As soon as the Jedi, Organa and Chewbacca entered the gunship, the Wookiee pilot started the engine, flying the group down to the forest floor, where the Wookiees were preventing the clones from advancing.
    Before the gunship landed, Yoda force jumped out of it, igniting his green-bladed lightsaber in midair. As he landed on the ground, Yoda's lightsaber cut through a group of nearby clone troopers. Anakin and Obi Wan leapt off the gunship as well, as the pilot fired the laser cannons at incoming clones. The two human Jedi also ignited their weapons, both blue-bladed.

Followed by the gunship containing Organa and Chewbacca (whose son bore his name), Yoda, Obi Wan and Anakin ran through the Kashyyyk forest, deflecting blaster bolts alongside the rifle-armed Wookiees.

Halfway across the galaxy, Darth Vader exited his X Wing on the landing platform of the volcano- surrounded Imperial palace. As expected, a squad of about tensoldiers waited for him, blasters trained on the X Wing. These soldiers wore white armor, and helmets that covered their faces.

"Identify yourself or die!" the lead clone ordered. Darth instantly activated his lightsaber. As the clones fired, Darth leapt at them, rapidly cutting down every one.
    That was easy, he thought. Already, he was feeling the dark side's power. He walked across the castle drawbridge, which hung over a moat of lava. More clones came out of the castle, firing at Darth. Darth deflected the bolts, sending them back at the white armored troopers.
    When Darth entered the stone palace, he saw a tall figure dressed in green, flanked by two red robed guards carrying staffs.

"I see you were able to beat my best troops," the man said. He had grey hair and sunken cheekbones.
    "Where is the Emperor?" demanded Vader.

"Relax, young Darth," chuckled the officer, "you'll meet him soon enough."
    Darth deactivated his lightsaber and clipped it onto his belt, deciding he was no longer threatened.
    "My name is Wilhuff Tarkin," the imperial officer said, "I am the commander of the empire's new clone army and a close advisor to his majesty."

"When will I meet him," asked Darth impatiently.

Behind Tarkin and the red guards, a man wearing a black cloak exited the stone elevator at the end of the lobby. Darth immediately recognized him from his vision on Dagobah. So this was the Emperor.

"I have been looking forward to this, my friend," croaked the emperor in his raspy voice. His face was scarred and gnarled with evil and extreme age.

"Emperor Palpatine," marveled Vader, "You're here." Despite his lifelong Jedi training, Darth had always subconsciously admired the Emperor's power and influence, not to mention his connection to the force.

"If you're willing," said Palpatine, "I shall continue your training in the Force. However, you will train to become not a Jedi, but a Sith Lord."

"What is a Sith Lord?" asked a genuinely curious Darth.

"Before the Jedi came to power and conquered the Republic," explained the supreme ruler, "A group called the Sith maintained stability and order to the galaxy with the dark side. Unfortunately, the Sith Lords were wiped out and the Jedi seized control of the galaxy."

"How is the dark side better than the light?"

"Leave us," Palpatine commanded Tarkin and the red guards. They bowed and went into the stone elevator. As Palpatine and Darth walked out the palace gate, the supercentenarian emperor continued to explain the history of the Sith.

"If you asked a Jedi," he said calmly, "they would say without a second thought that the light side of the force was good and the dark side was evil. However true that may be, however, sometimes the light side is too weak to defend the galaxy. The Sith are more powerful than the Jedi because they are not afraid to feel."

7. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    "So they use the dark side by feeling?"

"Feelings and basic human emotions are what channel the dark side of the force," explained Palpatine, "I have kept an eye on you for a very long time, and I've known that you have strong dark side potential. Use it to take command of the Sith Lords, and carry out the will of the Empire!"

"You can show me the dark side?" asked Darth. How could he refuse this offer for far greater power than even Master Yoda?

"Indeed, the dark side of the force is my ally," replied the elderly monarch, "I learned it from my master, and he in turn learned it from his own. I shall show you the true nature of the force, which you will one day pass on to another."

"What about Obi Wan and the others?" demanded Darh anxiously. Despite his frustration with the Jedi, they had raised him from a young age.

"They will be dealt with appropriately," scoffed Palpatine, "I very much doubt your old friends will join the Empire."

"I'm not sure I want to betray them," said Vader nervously. If he said the wrong thing, he could be a crisp in seconds.

"No matter," dismissed the emperor, "You are free to leave if you decide to remain with the Jedi. In the meantime, I insist on offering you hospitality here in the imperial palace."

"Thank you, your majesty," replied Darth.

Palpatine smiled inwardly. Although he had not fully convinced the boy to betray the Jedi, he had planted the seeds in Vader's head that the Jedi were not right for him. Before long, the emperor knew, he would be able to manipulate the boy into converting to the Sith, and revealing the Jedi's secret base.

On the battlefield of Kashyyyk, Obi Wan suddenly fell to his knees.

"Master!" Anakin exclaimed, rushing to the elder man. "Are you hurt?"

"I felt a great disturbance in the force," Obi Wan said over the cannon fire in the distance, "I'm afraid young Vader may have turned."

"We have to leave and stop him," Anakin replied, "It may not be too late."

"Had Abaddon is very dangerous," sighed Obi Wan, "We need more Jedi to accompany us."

"We already have too few Jedi fighting here in the clone war," Anakin grumbled, "We can do this ourselves."

"We cannot hope to invade the Imperial capital alone," Obi Wan stated bluntly.

"We don't need to," Anakin assured him, "All we need to do is save Darth. Redeeming another is a victory anyone can achieve, even without an army."

Obi Wan shook his head in wonder. Despite his seniority over Anakin, the younger Jedi Master was so much wiser than he, and a much better man.

"Yoda will not allow it," he said.

"We don't need him to," replied Anakin determinedly, "You won't be free until we do this."

8. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Obi Wan looked into the eyes of his closest friend. Anakin always had his back, and knew what was in Obi Wan's best interest, even if it meant defying authority.
    "We have no time to waste," he said, deflecting fire from a nearby clone with his lightsaber. He deactivated his blade and ran back towards the treetop city, Anakin running close behind.

As soon as Anakin and Obi Wan were in space, Obi Wan sent a communication to Yoda from his X Wing.

"Abandoned your posts, you and Skywalker have," the little green Jedi scolded, "You are not doing your duty."

"I'm sorry master," Obi Wan said, "We cannot lose Darth to the empire, he will become a great threat than we can manage."

From General Chewbacca's conference room, Yoda considered the situation. True, Obi Wan felt some attachment to the youth, but he also knew that the dark side would become too powerful if Darth Vader joined it. From a certain point of view, Yoda realized, Obi Wan was performing his duty, not only to stop the dark side from growing too strong, but also by guiding his apprentice away from the wrong path.

"Very well," he decided, "Good luck, I wish to you and Master Skywalker."

"Thank you, master," the grizzled Jedi said respectfully, "Masters Marquand and Kershner are bringing a battalion of Organa's troops from Alderaan, to help with the war on Kashyyyk. Anakin has just sent for them."

"Good," Yoda replied, "I hope that spiral out of control, this clone war does not. May the force be with you, young Kenobi."

"And with you, my old master," replied Obi Wan as Yoda's hologram faded.

"Let's set our course for Had Abaddon," Anakin said over the radio of his X Wing.

"Do you have a plan?" Obi wan asked anxiously.
    "No, but I'm not sure we need one." Obi Wan recognized the humor in his former student's voice.

"We'll have to improvise then," he chuckled back. Becoming serious, he said, "Remember Anakin, the force will be with you always."

"And with you," replied Anakin. He immediately set his fighter on course and blasted into hyperspace. Obi Wan did the same. As his X Wing traveled towards the volcanic Had Abaddon, Obi Wan could not help but have a bad feeling about this. He couldn't shake the sense that this was his final mission with Anakin.

An hour later, the two Jedi X Wings came out of light speed as they got close to the red planet. Not surprisingly, an Imperial Star Deatroyer was orbiting the planet, swarmed by many TIE fighters.

"Great," grumbled Obi Wan, "This is going to be easy."

"Just follow my lead and we'll be fine," Anakin promised. Despite his age, he still had great optimism. As a group of Tie Fightera approached the two lone X Wings, Anakin flew his fighter straight downwards. Obi Wan sighed in exasperation and amusement as he followed suit. Anakin was the better pilot, so he knew what he was dong.

The Tie Fighters shot at the two Jedi ships as they dove downward. Obi Wan could see two of them crash into each other and explode.

"Two down, fifty to go," Anakin said.

9. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    The morning after Darth's arrival on Had Abaddon, he stood before the emperor's throne, Tarkin standing next to him.
    "If I joined you," Vader asked, "Would you leave Obi Wan and all my friends alone."

"They will be given the choice to join us," replied Palpatine, "but if they do not, there is nothing I can do." He seemed genuinely sympathetic.

Tarkin winked at Palpatine, who subtly smiled back. Of course, Palpatine would do no such thing.

Suddenly, Darth Vader dropped to his knees.
    "Darth Vader, are you well?" inquired the Emperor.
    "I sense a powerful presence in the light side," replied Vader, "I sense Obi Wan! Him and Anakin Skywalker!"

"Grand Moff, send all forces available to stop them," Palpatine commanded, "Tell your men to shoot on sight!"

"As you wish, your majesty," grinned Tarkin. He hurried out of the room excitedly. Finally, a chance to kill Jedi.

"No!" shouted Darth, "You promised not to hurt them."

"Your first lesson is that Sith are never honest, even with each other," said Palpatine, his warm, grandfatherly aura replaced by one of cold evil.

Darth ignited his red blade and impulsively charged. He had moved two feet when he realized his feet were stuck to the stone floor. He glowered at the Emperor, who was using the force to restrain Darth.
    "Very good, young Vader," Palpatine laughed, "You are channeling your darkest feelings! Soon you will feel no light within you."

"The Sith... are evil..." panted Vader, struggling to escape.

"You may well be right," answered Palpatine, "however, would you rather be evil and strong, or good and weak?"

Darth considered the question.
    "I'd rather have power," he decided.
    "Something the Jedi have long denied you, out of pure spite," said the emperor, "Why are you still loyal to them?"

"I don't know."

Anakin and Obi Wan had barely landed safely on the lava shore of Had Abaddon. They had fought their way through Imperial troops, and finally reached the Emperor's palace.

"I sense the dark side growing stronger," said Obi Wan, touching his forehead, "Darth is falling away."

"We need to hurry," said Anakin.

With a pile of clones behind them, the two Jedi ignited their sabers and sliced open the palace gate.

"That was easy," remarked Master Kenobi.

"Don't get cocky," warned Skywalker as thirteen stormtroopers approached through a stone door

The clones fired their blasters at Anakin and Obi Wan. A minute later, they were dead and the two friends were running to the Empeor's throne room. Suddenly, in a stone corridor, the Jedi heard a deep cackling from behind.

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Anakin and Obi Wan whipped around to find none other than Emperor Palpatine, followed by Darth Vader, in whom Obi Wan sensed both anger and fear.

"I must confess, I was hoping you two would break my defenses," snickered Palpatine, "Now I will have the pleasure of killing you both myself. Before he could make a move, Obi Wan lifted his hand, forcing Palpatine against the stone wall. The dazed, frail man fell to the ground, unable to move.

"Let him go!" shouted Darth, holding his lightsaber at the ready.

"You will influence him no more," said Anakin to the emperor, "Darth, come with us."

"Never!" exclaimed the teen, "the Jedi have kept me from my true potential. Only as a Sith Lord can I achieve it."

"A Sith Lord?" gasped Obi Wan. Finally, he allowed a bit of anger to enter his heart. He used the force to levitate the helpless Palpatine.

"Your highness, the Jedi have.." began Tarkin as he walked into the corridor, then stopped. "Your majesty!"

Anakin force-pushed Tarkin backwards, knocking him out.

"You'll never leave here alive," threatened the emperor in Obi Wan's force grip.

"You'll be coming as a prisoner of war, Palpatine," said Obi Wan, "The Jedi order will try you for your crimes against the republic."

"No!" roared Darth, and he force-pushed Obi Wan back. Obi Wan ignited his blade as he landed on his feet. Palpatine sprang off the ground, launching a force attack against Anakin, who blocked it with his blue lightsaber.

"Don't do this, Vader," pleaded Obi Wan, "I don't want to hurt you."

"You're no longer my master!" snarled Vader, "You can't tell me what to do, Obi Wan!"

Obi Wan tried to find any remaining goodness in his student. He sensed confusion and conflict within Darth, but the hesitation was fading. There was no hope now, Obi Wan realized.

"Then I'm sorry, Darth," he grimaced, "I can no longer guide you."

Vader lunged at Obi Wan, who blocked the blade with his own. As he pushed back with his saber, Anakin continued to fight Palpatine.

Master Skywalker pursued the aged ruler into the lobby, where a group of clones were waiting. As Anakin deflected the blasts from the clones, he used the force to keep the Emperor away. Once the clones were dead, Anakin attached Palpatine with his lightsaber, forcing him back. Palpatine raised his wrinkled hand and grasped a chunk of stone. As the slab flew at Anakin, the Jedi Master jumped out of the way, then Force pushed Palpatine towards the castle entrance. The emperor did not rise.

Anakin sensed that Palpatine was alive, but knew he had to help Obi Wan first. He sprinted back through the corridor, where he found Vader and Obi Wan dueling near a pool of lava. Despite the fact that Kenobi had decades more experience with lightsaber duels, Darth Vader was holding his own, tapping into his dark feelings.

Anakin leapt at Vader, who turned and used the force to grab the older man's throat, while continuing to parry Obi Wan's strikes. Anakin redirected Darth's force energy back at him, forcing the new Sith to release him.

Obi Wan pushed his attack, kicking Vader backwards. Vader crashed to the ground, dropping his lightsaber. Obi Wan picked it up.

"I regret what I have to do," Obi Wan said with sorrow to Vader, "You could have been a good man, and a legendary Jedi."

Vader showed no fear, only rage. Obi Wan raised his lightsaber.

"Obi Wan, don't do it!" said Anakin. He knew that his friend would never forgive himself if he killed Darth, not only his former student but an unarmed teenager.

Obi Wan turned to face him.
    "He is a Sith Lord," the old Master sighed in remorse, "We can't let him plague the galaxy.

Anakin looked at Obi Wan, then at the defiant Vader. He couldn't let Obi Wan kill Vader, it would haunt him forever. He couldn't allow his old friend to break the Jedi way. As Obi Wan prepared to deal the mortal blow, Anakin Skywalker ran forward in front of Obi Wan's blade.

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Obi Wan immediately deactivated his blade, but it had already cut into Anakin's bowels. Anakin grasped his stomach as he staggered and fell.

"Anakin..." Obi Wan stammered, unsure of what had happened or what to do. Darth Vader immediately took advantage of the distraction, force- jumping behind Obi Wan.

Ignoring the young Sith, Obi Wan knelt at Anakin's side, deactivating both lightsabers. He had to save his friend.

"Obi Wan..." said Anakin hoarsely, "My wife and family back on Tatooine. Tell them I love them."

"Don't say that," Obi Wan gasped, "You're going to make it."

Anakin struggled to his feet with Obi Wan's help. Vader had disappeared.

"I'm going to get you medical treatment," Obi Wan promised, "We're going to get out of here."

Kenobi helped Skywalker through the cave until they found the exit and the path back to their X Wings.

Waiting outside for them was a squad of clones. Since Anakin was in no condition to fight, Obi Wan took on the stormtroopers alone, taking a little longer than usual to kill them.

After the stormtroopers were dead, Obi Wan and Anakin kept walking along the Had Abaddon volcanoes until Anakin couldn't stand.

"Anakin.." muttered Obi Wan helplessly, "I'm sorry. Please stay with me."

"My lightsaber..." whispered Anakin, laying down against a boulder, "Do you have it, Obi Wan?"

"Right here," replied Obi Wan, revealing his belt where it was clipped. He felt tears in his eyes, but was determined to stay strong for Anakin.

"My child," said Anakin, "Give it to my child, when he is old enough."

"No, Anakin, please don't go."

"I'm sorry, Obi Wan. I was too weak..."

" No, don't say that," cried Obi Wan, " You're the most powerful Jedi I've ever known." He allowed the tears to flow, for the first time in many years.

Anakin looked up and smiled. "One day, I know the galaxy will be free," he said serenely, "I wish I could see it..." And he closed his eyes on the image of ashes and lava. The last thing he would ever see.

Now, Obi Wan sobbed openly, and cradled the body of his best friend. Before long, the body vanished from Obi Wan's arms. Anakin was now one with the force.

"Master!" called Vader as he ran to Palpatine's aid, Tarkin following close behind, "Are you hurt?"

"Of no significance," grumbled the old emperor as he struggled to his feet, "Where are Kenobi and Skywalker?"

"I dealt a deep blow to Skywalker," Vader replied with no remorse, "Kenobi is probably alive." He didn't want to admit that he sensed the old man's presence.

Palpatine stopped and sniffed. Then, he allowed a satisfied smile.

" Your majesty, are you well?" asked Tarkin.

"I sense a great victory in the dark side," replied the dark lord, "The Jedi have been greatly weakened." He searched with the force, then realized, "Anakin Skywalker is dead."

"I dealt him the fatal blow," boasted Vader. Tarkin frowned disapprovingly, but Palpatine clapped.

"Very good, my boy," he said, "Bow before me." Vader obeyed.

"Darth Vader," the emperor declared, "you are now a lord of the Sith."

"Thank you, my master," whispered Vader.
    "Rise, lord Vader," ordered Palpatine. Vader stood and went to Palpatine's side.

"Grand Moff," said Palpatine, "Conduct a search of the area, and destroy Obi Wan Kenobi. He must not be allowed to escape."

"Of course, your highness," Tarkin replied, hurrying to the command room.

Iron_lord likes this.
  12. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Obi Wan continued down the volcanic slope, toward his X Wing. He considered what had happened. Anakin had basically died for Darth Vader. No, not for Vader, but to protect Obi Wan from his inner darkness. The darkness that existed even in the most true Jedi, which Obi Wan was far from. Anakin was more of a Jedi than Obi Wan could ever have hoped to be, purely selfless and true to his commitment. As he reached his X Wing, a blast hit the ground behind him. Obi Wan turned around, igniting his lightsaber as the clones fired. There had to be a hundred of them. Obi Wan backed up against a nearby cliff, deflecting blaster bolts with vigor.

Behind the advancing squadron, Obi Wan could see an ATAT walker in the distance. He knew that it would be difficult to escape now, but the only reason he wanted to was to fulfil Anakin's last wish. He continued to return fire at the clones, looking for a way out. He saw none. The ATAT was getting closer.

From the cockpit of the ATAT, Tarkin watched the clone army advance on Obi Wan, with Colonel Yularen and General Tagge by his side. The entrance to the cockpit was guarded by shock troopers, specialized clones designed to protect important leaders.

"Master Kenobi is holding his own," observed Tagge, "The clone army is too weak for him."

"Should we open fire?" Yularen asked Tarkin.

"Not yet," replied the Grand Moff, "We need to get in range, or we'll destroy some of our best men."

"As you wish," said Yularen.

Kenobi was now cutting down clones with his blade, clearly in an emotional state.

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Tarkin stood in the cockpit of an ATAT walker, patrolling the Had Abaddon caves. A battalion of clones marched in front of the walker, and Tarkin was accompanied by General Tagge and Colonel Yularen.

"Do we fire on Kenobi right away?" asked Tagge with anticipation.

"No, wait until the clones have worn him down," replied Tarkin, "A Jedi knight can easily take on one of our walkers." He had encountered many during the clone war, and knew they were a challenge.

Suddenly, the clones ahead began firing at a distant figure, which ignited a blue lightsaber.

"That's Kenobi!" exclaimed Yularen, pointing.

"Hold your fire for now," ordered Tarkin, "I want him to be afraid." He smiled as he imagined the fear and terror in the once-great Jedi.

As Kenobi cut his way through clones, Tagge said, "I don't think he's going to retreat."

"Very well," replied Grand Moff Tarkin, "Aim the guns at him."

As the clone bodies piled up, Tagge aimed the walker cannon at the Jedi, who looked up directly at the cockpit. Tarkin could tell the Jedi knew he was going to die, but to his disappointment, Kenobi looked ready to accept death.

"You may fire when ready," said Tarkin. Before Tagge could react, the cockpit was hit with a blast from behind. Tarkin climbed out of the hatch to see an approaching Alderaanian gunship about five hundred feet above and descending fast. Three more followed.

"I see Kenobi has called for backup," remarked Tarkin.
    "We have our own," replied Yularen, pressing a button on the control panel. As the first gunship landed in front of Obi Wan, several smaller ATST walkers emerged from the nearby caves, along with hundreds of more clones.

Obi Wan watched as the gunship containing Yoda, Organa and General Chewbacca landed in front of him. The other three fired at the walker that had nearly killed Obi Wan, along with several other small walkers.

"Obi Wan," said Yoda worriedly, "Missing, Master Skywalker is."

"I'm afraid Darth Vader has killed him," replied Obi Wan. That, at least, was true from a certain point of view.

Yoda obviously didn't believe him, but said, "Get in, you must. Important, this battle is." Obi Wan climbed into the gunship, where Chewbacca, Organa, and several Alderaan soldiers awaited.

"I'm sorry about what happened," said Organa.

"Anakin died a hero," replied Obi Wan, "He wouldn't have wanted it any other way."

"No time there is!" said Yoda as the gunner lifted off, "A war we must win!"

Obi Wan watched as dozens of Jedi Knights jumped out of the other gunships, lightsabers ignited. Obi Wan and Yoda also jumped down, immediately deflecting fire from the clones and AtSts while the gunships kept the ATAT distracted. Obi Wan could hear more Jedi ships approaching from above. Every last Jedi was here, ready to bring down the evil empire.

Iron_lord likes this.
  14. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Obi Wan, Yoda and their fellow Jedi were making good progress against the clones, taking down some walkers as well. Through the volcanic ash, Obi Wan could see Tarkin's walker dead ahead, preoccupied by attacking gunships and X Wings. He ran towards it, lightsaber at the ready.

Back at the Imperial palace, Palpatine and his new apprentice, Lord Darth Vader, watched via hologram as the battle turned in favor of the Jedi and Rebellion.
    "Lord Vader, I need you to go into battle," said the emperor, "I trust Kenobi did not injure you too badly?"

"No, my master," replied Vader hastily, "I can take on a hundred Jedi right now!"

"Very well," said Palpatine, "Bring all remaining troops with you and leave no survivors."
    "As you wish, my lord," said Vader. He bowed to the emperor and hurried out of the room.

Obi Wan deflected clone trooper fire as he and Yoda force leapt onto a leg of the ATAT. Yoda was able to jump higher, due to his agility, and Obi Wan struggled to keep up. A group of Jedi ran to the ATAT, distracting the surrounding clones.

"The Jedi are coming in!" cried Tagge in fear from the cockpit.

"We're done for!" added Yularen. Tarkin frowned at their panic.

"Not to worry," he said confidently, "The emperor has sent reinforcements."

"They'd better hurry!" shouted Yularen, "Yoda himself is coming."

As Yoda and Obi Wan manages to climb to the roof, something pulled them off and back down to the black sand. Amid the chaos stood Darth Vader, along with six hundred more clones. Yoda scanned the battlefield, looking at all the Jedi and clone bodies. The battle was turning for the Empire now. They had to defeat Vader.

"Master Yoda, Master Kenobi," acknowledged the Sith Lord, "I'm glad I'll be able to I'll you myself."

"Get away with this, you will not!" shouted Yoda in his hoarse raspy voice. The clones opened fire on the duo and the surrounding Jedi. As Yoda drew their fire, Vader leapt onto a nearby ledge, followed by Obi Wan. Vader retreated up the volcanic slope, his former master close behind.

"It's just the two of us!" yelled Vader, igniting his red lightsaber.

Iron_lord likes this.
  15. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Obi Wan raised his weapon in a defensive stance.
    "It's a tragedy how far you have fallen," he declared, "I can still take you alive."

"Gotten soft now, have we?" taunted Vader. He sprang at Obi Wan, who blocked the lightsaber from striking his neck. Obi Wan met every one of Darth's blows with equal force, then accelerated his attack. Swinging his lightsaber aggressively, Obi Wan forced Vader backwards.

Suddenly, Vader raised his hand, telekineticly lifting Obi Wan. Obi Wan force pushed Vader backwards onto his stomach. Vader immediately got to his feet.

"You are still but the learner," admonished Obi Wan, "You cannot defeat a master." As Vader ran at him, Obi Wan force pushed him to the ground. Vader wasn't done yet. He kicked Obi Wan in the stomach, knocking him against volcanic rock. Obi Wan's lightsaber flew out of his hand into the volcano.

Obi Wan looked at Vader and concentrated on why he had to win. Even though it had been Obi Wan's blade, Anakim had died because of Vader. Obi Wan let the anger flow through him, then let it deflate. He knew that he has to release his inner darkness to win.
    As Vader swung his blade to deal the final blow, Obi Wan used the force to lift him up. As Vader struggled in his grip, Obi Wan moved him over the volcano's crater then let go, releasing his hate along with Vader.

Vader screamed as he fell into the crater, before disappearing into the magma. Obi Wan walked back down the slope, back to the main battle.

Iron_lord likes this.
  16. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    From the cockpit of his ATAT, Tarkin gazed at the Jedi bodies. Tie fighters were taking care of the annoying gunships, leaving Tarkin to have fun blasting Jedi. With an overwhelming number of clones and imperial resources, the Jedi, all of whom had come to Had Abaddon, were all dead.

"The emperor will be pleased," said Yularen.

"Indeed," replied Tarkin, "We have won the war."

As the walker moved back into the cave, the handful of surviving clones followed.

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Obi Wan hurried back to the battlefield, where, except for an air battle between gunships and Tie Fighters, the battle had virtually ended. Countless Jedi bodies lay on the black sand and the clones had left.
    Through the fog, Obi Wan saw Yoda, King Organa, and Chewbacca Senior walking to him, all looking downcast.

"A terrible tragedy this is," said Yoda, "In one day the Jedi order has fallen."

"We must leave quickly," urged Organa, "We are on the imperial capital."
    Chewbacca asked if there was a transport they could escape on.

"I have contacted Captain Antilles," replied the king of Alderaan, "He is coming with the Tantive IV and will arrive shortly."

"He'd best hurry," remarked Obi Wan, "I sense the emperor is not far away."

"Preoccupied, Palpatine is," replied Yoda, "Badly injured, Vader is."

"Vader is dead," Obi Wan said, "He fell into a volcano."

"Search your feelings, my old apprentice," said Yoda, "Alive, he is."

It wasn't fair, Obi Wan thought. Anakin, a good man, had died of a lightsaber wound while Vader, a sociopathic Sith Lord, survived a volcano. In Obi Wan's mind, Vader was truly responsible for Anakin's death. Anakin had died for Vader, who didn't deserve it, and Vader had just let it slide without a hint of sorrow. Obi Wan had to hold on to that belief, he couldn't have the fact that he was responsible for the death of his best friend.

Through the volcanic ash, the Tantive IV could be seen descending. As soon as it landed, the hatch opened. Captain Antillies stood at the entrance, with several Alderaanian solders. The group hurried onto the ship as it took off.

"Your highness, I am pleased to see you are well," Antilles said, bowing to Organa.

"Thank you captain," replied Organa, "Set your course for Tatooine."

"Right away," replied Antilles.

A golden protocol droid approached with a blue and white astromech droid.

"Oh King Organa," said the golden droid, "I am relieved to see you are all right! I see you have visitors. I promise I will take the best care of them!" The astromech whistled.

In Organa's quarters, Obi Wan and Yoda sat at the conference table, discussing what to do.

"Into exile, we must go," Yoda said sadly, "I will return to Dagobah, and send the children at the academy back home."

"And then where will you go?" asked Obi Wan, "Vader must have told his master where we are."

"Remain on Dagobah, I will," answered the old Jedi, "A sacred place of the force, it is. I will hide the planets presence from the dark side.

"And where should I hide?"

"Watch over the child of Skywalker you must," said Yoda, "Until ready to fight the Empire, he or she is. You must train the child as a Jedi, and then destroy the emperor, we can."

"Master Yoda, we may not see each other for a long time," said Obi Wan, "I hope we can meet again."

"Focus on the now, we must," said Yoda, "and on our duties to the galaxy, and the republic ."

"You're right," said Obi wan. He knew he had a lot to learn, even after decades as a Jedi.
    "Hold on to hope we must," declared Yoda, "And only then, will we have a chance to free the galaxy."

The Tantive IV continued through space.

Directed by: George Lucas
    Produced by: Gary Kurtz

Cast:
    Alec Guinness Obi Wan Kenobi

Sebastian Shaw Anakin Skywalker

Frank Oz Yoda

Mark Hanill Darth Vader

Clive Revill Emperor Palpatine

Peter Cushing Grand Moff Tarkin

Stephen Elliot as King Organa

Peter Mayhew as General Chewbacca

Robert Clarke as Colonel Yularen

Don Henderson as General Tagge

Anthony Daniels as C3PO

Kenny Baker as R2D2

Feel free to let me know how I can improve my story and writing style. I appreciate feedback. Next: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (continuation of this prequel and the original Star Wars film)

Iron_lord likes this.